Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is taking wayyy too long :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know I post this about once a week, but has anyone gotten an ii lately?

Just got an email from enrollment services requesting my transcripts! I called them and they said that I would hear about the decision later today or tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Did anyone did interviewed sept 9th got the same???

Interviewed the 11th but mine didn't request transcripts specifically, did you call and talk to someone? My email basically thanked me for my app and wanted me to check for outstanding paperwork.

Reactions: 1 user
I got the same thing. When I called they said they need official transcripts before handing out acceptances. That doesn't sound right. Maybe someone else who gets the email has better luck getting info!

Just got an email from enrollment services requesting my transcripts! I called them and they said that I would hear about the decision later today or tomorrow

I received the same. They're killin us haha

I just called because I don't really have any outstanding documents and received the email. All they said was that we just need to sit pretty and wait for our decisions which are coming either today or tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously nerve wrecking. She told me they usually mail it too which means who knows. Soooooo nervous.

Too late to send an application in?
I'd say yes, but in the end, all you're risking is money. Any other DO school I think you'd be fine, but going from the posts on here, NSU hasn't sent out an ii in months, and I don't think they're going to send out anymore.

Last edited:
Now I'm scared since I didn't get an email :(

when did you interview?

Nobody has gotten a decision yet as far as I know. I wouldn't worry about the email, I don't think it means anything. I almost feel like it was an accident. It addresses you as an applicant over and over and never says anything about being accepted or being a new student.

I saw the Dean during my interview. He is such an awesome guys! He was feeling sick but really wanted to come in to speak to every applicant. Inspirational speaker too. :)

Now im worried, I didnt receive that email and I interviewed early september. Hoping for the best lol

Accepted!!! By email. Interviewed 9/16!!

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted as well! Congratulations everybody!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations everyone!!!! Hopefully the ~4-5 week turnaround time for you guys means us early October interviewees will hear back sooner than expected :)

I'd say yes, but in the end, all you're risking is money. Any other DO school I think you'd be fine, but going from the posts on here, NSU hasn't sent out an ii in months, and I don't think they're going to send out anymore.
Too late to send an application in?
I just received an II yesterday (10/14). I was complete on 9/15. On the scheduling system, there were only two dates available 11/18 and 12/9. I already have another interview on 11/18 so I'm interviewing at Nova on 12/9. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
^ The opportunity to interview at a medical school...

I have an interview coming up in a few weeks but am broke. Before I go around asking for money from friends, I wanted to make sure attending this interview was justifiable for using other peoples hard earned money.

I know that NSU is a great school. It's obviously why I applied and why I accepted the interview invite. My question is to those who already interviewed here.

**What did NSU have that other schools didn't? For example, some schools pay for laptops and iPads... Some have patient contact scenarios in the first two years... Some pay for your comlex etc. What was there pitch to you that isn't easily found on their website?

I just want to feel better about borrowing $500-600 in addition to my $500 flight. Please don't lecture about how this is a once in a lifetime chance because I already know the importance of such an opportunity.

Most of the laptops, iPads, etc are included within your tuition so that shouldn't be a factor. The best bet is to make sure that the school is a good fit for you. Unless you don't have an acceptance yet, definitely go to the interview. I can't really input in NSU since I haven't interviewed there yet.

I have an interview coming up in a few weeks but am broke. Before I go around asking for money from friends, I wanted to make sure attending this interview was justifiable for using other peoples hard earned money.

I know that NSU is a great school. It's obviously why I applied and why I accepted the interview invite. My question is to those who already interviewed here.

**What did NSU have that other schools didn't? For example, some schools pay for laptops and iPads... Some have patient contact scenarios in the first two years... Some pay for your comlex etc. What was there pitch to you that isn't easily found on their website?

I just want to feel better about borrowing $500-600 in addition to my $500 flight. Please don't lecture about how this is a once in a lifetime chance because I already know the importance of such an opportunity.

It's different for everyone - I'm from the area and interviewed there last week. I've known about Nova since high school and am familiar with the school so it was an easy decision to apply there. But like others have said, this is a decision only you can really make. A lot of your questions have to deal with money and what they provide but an extra $500 for a laptop or iPad shouldn't be your concern when you'll be paying plenty more for tuition. If you don't have an acceptance yet, definitely attend as it seems they are very limited in II's and you're lucky to have one. If you don't see yourself coming to Florida for four years, then don't go any further. Hope that helps!

I just received an II yesterday (10/14). I was complete on 9/15. On the scheduling system, there were only two dates available 11/18 and 12/9. I already have another interview on 11/18 so I'm interviewing at Nova on 12/9. Hope this helps :)
Ah, so they are still giving out ii. Looks like I've been passed up then, which is disappointing considering NSU was probably my number one DO.

With all these acceptances going out and me sitting here not even have gone on an interview yet, this site is really starting to mess with my head.

Just received my secondary. When filling out the employement, what do they mean by "level of responsbility"?

So if we didn't get an email today does that most likely mean rejection? :(

For a September 18th interview*
I got my acceptance today but interviewed on the 9th, so maybe you will get your decision later.

I just found out someone i know who interviewed the same day as me got accepted :/ they wouldn't let people from the same day know at different times right?

I just found out someone i know who interviewed the same day as me got accepted :/ they wouldn't let people from the same day know at different times right?

I don't know about NSU but other schools don't always give everyone answers on the same day even if they interview at the same time. Keep your head up! Wishing you the best of luck!

Did you receive an email at night?

I guess my only hope is that they're giving acceptances at different times *shrugs*

Congrats on the acceptances, guys!

If you interviewed and haven't heard back yet, don't give up hope. It's possible that they didn't get to your application or you'll be re-reviewed at the next meeting.

Neko-

Do they spread out acceptance notifications? Some of us interviewed early September and are getting pretty worried cause other interviewees have been accepted that were on our dates

Wow I interviewed 10/14 and they said it would be 10-12 weeks for us!! Crazy long! And she DID say only 450 interviews this year! Fingers crossed!

Neko-

Do they spread out acceptance notifications? Some of us interviewed early September and are getting pretty worried cause other interviewees have been accepted that were on our dates

I *think* they do? That's just based on what I saw on last year's thread. If you haven't heard anything else by next week or so, then it at least means you're still under consideration. Despite what some people think, it is possible to get rejected or placed on the WL post-interview, so not hearing back isn't necessarily the end. Some people wait for months post-interview until they got the acceptance.