Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Nova has an acceptance day or something similar where accepted students meet?

Nope. At least nothing official. I recommend joining the c/o 2019 Facebook group. That's the place where people will start posting about meeting up in their states/cities before school starts. When it gets closer to August and everyone has moved to Florida, bigger class get-togethers happen too. So definitely join the Facebook group if you're not in it already. There's also good info about finding housing and roommates.

I'm very curious as to their thinking behind that move

$$$$$

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone sending thank you notes via mail? If so, how do I address them?

Hey all, I'm an M1, soon to be M2 at Nova and I will be a Peer Mentor for you guys next year. Anyway, I would like to make myself available for any questions you guys have about Nova, med school, Davie, or whatever. I would prefer to communicate with you guys over FaceBook though if that's possible. Is there a Class of 2019 NSU-COM Facebook page?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone sending thank you notes via mail? If so, how do I address them?

I sent mine mostly via email, with one or two mailed to the address on the bottom of the contact sheet we were given at the interview. I just put the person's name on top of that address, with Attn: Admissions Department on it. Monica said it would find its way into the right hands! I was just concerned about the length of time it would take to get to them, and if they'd even remember me by then, so I sent emails to the two people who interviewed me.

Interview was awesome, I hope I didn't flub it too badly because I absolutely loved the school! What a great experience. We were told on our day that May 1st was decision day for us, fingers crossed! Good luck everybody in snagging the remaining spots! <3

Last edited:
Lol I'm in Florida right now, thoroughly enjoying the weather, and I'm honestly regretting turning down Nova to be in NY. What the hell was I thinking. Good weather = good mood = trumps everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I applied back in October, no word... boosted my MCAT 5 points in January... any chances there are still interview invites going out? Suggestions on sending a letter of continued interest?

I'm pretty sure April 7th was the last interview date but I could be wrong.

Hey all, I'm an M1, soon to be M2 at Nova and I will be a Peer Mentor for you guys next year. Anyway, I would like to make myself available for any questions you guys have about Nova, med school, Davie, or whatever. I would prefer to communicate with you guys over FaceBook though if that's possible. Is there a Class of 2019 NSU-COM Facebook page?

yaaaaaa

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1578428752384591/

Members don't see this ad :)
<jeopardy music>
Anybody know what the wait list movement has been like in the past? How many people are wait listed, and how many are accepted off of it?

<jeopardy music>
Anybody know what the wait list movement has been like in the past? How many people are wait listed, and how many are accepted off of it?

I think movement is supposed to be decent, but things have changed since I applied. The people I know who were accepted off the waitlist, especially in late spring-summer, had ties to Nova or south Florida/Florida in general. That's just been an observation of mine.

Hi everyone! Has anyone who interviewed on March 17th or later heard anything? Monica told my group that we would get our decisions by April 17th. Crossing my fingers for good news!

Any accepted students get a start date or date of the white coat ceremony?

For current students: has there been any word on the mandatory class policy for next year? Also what time does morning classes usually start at NSUCOM? Thanks in advance.

Someone asked me for the Fall Schedule to see what it would kind of look like for you guys...

Attachments

• M1 Fall 2014 Posted Version as of June 19 2014.pdf
    726 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: 3 users
Second semester...& Summer

Attachments

• M1 Fall 2014 Posted Version as of June 19 2014.pdf
    726 KB · Views: 107
Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet? And does anyone know if there was a good amount of students accepted off the waitlist last yr?

Has anyone that has recently interviewed (March 19th or after) heard anything back from Nova?

I interviewed on March 17th and was told that we would hear by April 17th and I still haven't heard anything. I've called multiple times over the last week but no answer.

There were multiple students accepted off the waitlist last year. I can't give exact numbers but at least a half dozen were pulled from the list on the first day of orientation. Three of my friends came off the waitlist between April and early July. We have a class of over 240, and these are just people I am good friends with, mind you. The people who got off the waitlist all made contact with the school. The people I knew pulled during orientation week lived within a 45 minute drive and could get to campus the next day. I have no knowledge of what the situation is this year. My theory is that if something really matters to you, you might as well be persistent but .... always be polite. You have nothing to lose.

For current students: has there been any word on the mandatory class policy for next year? Also what time does morning classes usually start at NSUCOM? Thanks in advance.

8 am. No word. Some classes were always mandatory. I have to go to school 4-5 days a week for at least one required class or lab.

Anyone know of semi-affordable safe apartment complexes within 5-10 min of Nova? From what I can see on the housing website they are all $1200+ for a 1/1.

Anyone know of semi-affordable safe apartment complexes within 5-10 min of Nova? From what I can see on the housing website they are all $1200+ for a 1/1.

Centro (sunforrest) is super close but might be expensive for a 1 bedroom. Signature at davie is super nice (and close) but is probably even more expensive. If you want to get a cheap and safe place I would recommend rolling hills.

http://nova.och101.com/

http://www.nova.edu/housing/graduate/building_c.html

Not going to get cheaper than rolling hills (plus there is a shuttle)

Palm trace is another option and so is One plantation (higher priced)

Centro (sunforrest) is super close but might be expensive for a 1 bedroom. Signature at davie is super nice (and close) but is probably even more expensive. If you want to get a cheap and safe place I would recommend rolling hills.

http://nova.och101.com/

http://www.nova.edu/housing/graduate/building_c.html

Not going to get cheaper than rolling hills (plus there is a shuttle)

Palm trace is another option and so is One plantation (higher priced)
Thanks for the info! I may just have to suck it up and pay more to have something close to campus. It is just a bit of a price shock in comparison to where I am living right now lol.

Thanks for the info! I may just have to suck it up and pay more to have something close to campus. It is just a bit of a price shock in comparison to where I am living right now lol.
Well rolling hills isn't that bad. 10 grand or so for a single

What number so you guys call when you want to check on your application/waitlist status?

For those of you who interviewed end of March we should be (hopefully) getting calls tomorrow! Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you who interviewed end of March we should be (hopefully) getting calls tomorrow! Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

Good luck to you tomorrow too! :happy:

So I just called and they said they are still making decisions and should be sending out letters next week..

So I just called and they said they are still making decisions and should be sending out letters next week..
If you don't mine me asking, who did you talk to? Because every time I call no one can give me an answer.

If you don't mine me asking, who did you talk to? Because every time I call no one can give me an answer.

I don't remember the name of the woman who answered the call, I was in a rush and didn't ask, sorry! But she did say if I called next week I could ask to speak with somebody directly in the program.

I don't remember the name of the woman who answered the call, I was in a rush and didn't ask, sorry! But she did say if I called next week I could ask to speak with somebody directly in the program.
Okay sounds great! I've called about a million times and received minimal information haha! Good luck next week!!!! Praying for all of us :)

I called and spoke to just one of the Admissions people (the 1-800 number or whatever) and was told the same thing; delay in decisions, will be released next week "hopefully". Anxiety! Hang in there everybody!

I called Nova today and they said that decisions have been made and that letters have been sent out (or are going to be sent out). We should know within the week. Admission information cannot be shared over the phone. Good luck everyone!!:D