Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AACOMAS received all my transcripts on 12 June and I still haven't been verified. Should I be concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

AACOMAS received all my transcripts on 12 June and I still haven't been verified. Should I be concerned?

No. It generally takes 4-6 weeks for verification. If it's August and you haven't heard anything, be a teeny bit concerned.

4 weeks max this year for verification. All of my transcripts were received June 14th and I still haven't been verified either. Should be before the end of this week!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does NSUCOM send out an e-mail stating they've received your secondary application? So far I've only received an e-mail with confirmation of my payment for the secondary?

Does NSUCOM send out an e-mail stating they've received your secondary application? So far I've only received an e-mail with confirmation of my payment for the secondary?

I haven't heard anything else either, but I submit in 7/3 and it was a holiday weekend. When did you submit?

I haven't heard anything else either, but I submit in 7/3 and it was a holiday weekend. When did you submit?
I submitted on 7/3 as well and I was half expecting a response today. Glad to hear I'm not the only one waiting.

I submitted on 7/3 as well and I was half expecting a response today. Glad to hear I'm not the only one waiting.

Actually, looks like I received an email about 20 minutes ago saying that they received my application. There's an attachment of my app as a pdf. hopefully you will receive yours shortly since we submitted on the same day!

Actually, looks like I received an email about 20 minutes ago saying that they received my application. There's an attachment of my app as a pdf. hopefully you will receive yours shortly since we submitted on the same day!
Just checked my e-mail and I received it as well! And I guess they'll access our LOR through AACOMAS?

Just checked my e-mail and I received it as well! And I guess they'll access our LOR through AACOMAS?
I'm assuming so! I wish they gave us a time frame in which we would hear back from them, but I guess we will have to wait for more emails re/that.

I'm assuming so! I wish they gave us a time frame in which we would hear back from them, but I guess we will have to wait for more emails re/that.
I wish they would too but now the ball is officially in their court and all we can do is wait and hope to hear something soon, good luck!

I wish they would too but now the ball is officially in their court and all we can do is wait and hope to hear something soon, good luck!

indeed! thank you and the same to you :)

anyone got phone call(voicemail) today from..area code 954. it sounds like from nova regarding my app but cant hear it very clear due to noise and low volume

anyone got phone call(voicemail) today from..area code 954. it sounds like from nova regarding my app but cant hear it very clear due to noise and low volume
i did about 10 minutes ago, but it wasn't a voicemail. I actually spoke with the lady.

Members don't see this ad :)

They just called me as well. It was to let me know that my app is complete and ready to be reviewed! I bet it was the same for you...and now we wait. :)

They just called me as well. It was to let me know that my app is complete and ready to be reviewed! I bet it was the same for you...and now we wait. :)
Huh, I haven't received a phone call but I received an e-mail confirmation about receiving my secondary?

Reactions: 1 user
Huh, I haven't received a phone call but I received an e-mail confirmation about receiving my secondary?

I received that too when I submitted my secondary. I think the phone call was just to confirm they had all materials (including LoRs, etc) and that they were ready to review my whole application.

I received that too when I submitted my secondary. I think the phone call was just to confirm they had all materials (including LoRs, etc) and that they were ready to review my whole application.
Gotcha, well all my LoRs are submitted and my MCAT scores are posted so hopefully I'll hear from them soon!

Just wondering when you received that first email?

I'm so confused. The secondary doesn't ask to list your employment experiences out of college...it asks you to list any employment experiences while you were IN college that didn't include summer.

I'm so confused. The secondary doesn't ask to list your employment experiences out of college...it asks you to list any employment experiences while you were IN college that didn't include summer.

To me, it looks like they are trying to gauge what you had to balance during undergrad. Chances are a full-time student with a part-time (or full -time) job would have less time to study, volunteer, etc. than a student without a job and I'm sure they take that into consideration when reviewing applicants.

Received email saying my lors have been received! Look forward to hearing back from this school.

I sent my MCAT to AACOMAS on 15 May and they still haven't verified it :O
Anyone going through a similar dilemma?

4 weeks max this year for verification. All of my transcripts were received June 14th and I still haven't been verified either. Should be before the end of this week!

Got verified today, so you should be getting notification soon too! My MCAT is still in the process tho

Received email saying my lors have been received! Look forward to hearing back from this school.

Just out of curiosity when did you submit and did you send your letters through AACOMAS?

Just out of curiosity when did you submit and did you send your letters through AACOMAS?
I had mine submitted very early May, between 05/09 - 05/11 and still waiting to hear, although when I tried checking AACOMAS today the portal wasn't loading.

Got the call from Nova today! Application Ready for Review.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the call from Nova today! Application Ready for Review.

Got a message from their number, but some of it is inaudible (time for a new phone?)

What exactly does the call say?

Thanks and congrats! :)

anyone else received an email where you have to sign this disclosure form and send back? email mentions sending college transcripts...do we have to do this even if it's obviously been done with AACOMAS?

Those getting the phone call, did you do this step before?

Got the phone call from NOVA today around 4pm. :)

Just received that phone call at 3:15 PST.
Secondary submit on 7/3. Received confirmation email on 7/6. Hoping for an II! Love what I've read about this place :)

Just received that phone call at 3:15 PST.
Secondary submit on 7/3. Received confirmation email on 7/6. Hoping for an II! Love what I've read about this place :)
did you send that signed disclosure statement already?

did you send that signed disclosure statement already?

I got the call but I have no idea what email you are referring to and I definitely didn't sign or submit anything yet!

I got the call but I have no idea what email you are referring to and I definitely didn't sign or submit anything yet!
interesting! it's just a disclosure type thing that you acknowledge they don't discriminate. I didn't get any call but got this. when you look at secondary app status in their portal, do you see a slot for it? I currently do....but for "AACOMAS service application" I see a blank..I'm guessing that's the actual aacomas app? They have my LOR and MCAT score so far.

interesting! it's just a disclosure type thing that you acknowledge they don't discriminate. I didn't get any call but got this. when you look at secondary app status in their portal, do you see a slot for it? I currently do....but for "AACOMAS service application" I see a blank..I'm guessing that's the actual aacomas app? They have my LOR and MCAT score so far.

I too have not seen/signed any disclosure statement

got a call saying saying my app was ready for review, but i don't think my LOR's have been recieved by AACOMAS yet. anyone else in the same boat? should i call NOVA to make sure there's no mistake (i don't want them reviewing my app if it's technically not complete yet lol)

got a call saying saying my app was ready for review, but i don't think my LOR's have been recieved by AACOMAS yet. anyone else in the same boat? should i call NOVA to make sure there's no mistake (i don't want them reviewing my app if it's technically not complete yet lol)

i don't think you would've received the call if Nova didn't have your LORs. If you click "Fall 2016" Under admission term on teh little portal page you will see all of the lovely shenanigians w/ the dates they were received including LOR, MCAT, and the primary.

Still no call yet :/, although other schools I've applied to have downloaded my LoRs. Curse having a last name with a low letter in the alphabet haha.

i don't think you would've received the call if Nova didn't have your LORs. If you click "Fall 2016" Under admission term on teh little portal page you will see all of the lovely shenanigians w/ the dates they were received including LOR, MCAT, and the primary.

strange, on the application summary page it says they recieved my AACOMAS service application and signature page with the dates for those two. there's nothing about receiving LORs or my MCAT scores

strange, on the application summary page it says they recieved my AACOMAS service application and signature page with the dates for those two. there's nothing about receiving LORs or my MCAT scores
Under the requirements I have my AACOMAS service Application listed but there's no date for it and the signature page underneath as well. No tabs for LoR or MCAT scores either.

Under the requirements I have my AACOMAS service Application listed but there's no date for it and the signature page underneath as well. No tabs for LoR or MCAT scores either.

hmmmm interesting... I don't think they have received either then. I would wait 3 or so days after you submit your secondary to contact them. They could still be downloading applications and such

Weirdest thing for me is they haven't checked off aacomas service application as received lol

Weirdest thing for me is they haven't checked off aacomas service application as received lol
I was in the same position. I called them about it a week later and they said that they download the primaries in waves and that it should be up for me tommorow( this was like 4-5 days ago) . You should give them a call, they are super friendly and nice.

I made sure to mention that I had already submitted my secondary after receiving the email to complete it.

Gl man, I'm sure it's gonna show up soon. It's still super early.

Also I haven't received a phone call yet either telling me I'm ready for review .

I was in the same position. I called them about it a week later and they said that they download the primaries in waves and that it should be up for me tommorow( this was like 4-5 days ago) . You should give them a call, they are super friendly and nice.

I made sure to mention that I had already submitted my secondary after receiving the email to complete it.

Gl man, I'm sure it's gonna show up soon. It's still super early.

Also I haven't received a phone call yet either telling me I'm ready for review .
thanks a lot for that! did you have the signature page emailed to you as well?