Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Via AACOMAS??? Jesus they are giving different information to everyone. Kind of embarrassing on their end.

Right, grades and transcripts are verified through aacomas so I guess that's what they meant but I was told they wanted updated transcripts sent in. I don't have any updates to mine but I'm sending mine in just to be sure. Better to be safe

Members don't see this ad.

I have seven LORs but no non-science prof ones. Going to try to call in tomorrow to see if it has to be a professor/faculty member. It's a hassle making these calls while being overseas lol.

Is there a limit to how many LORs you can send?

Is there a limit to how many LORs you can send?
Is there a limit on how many letters of recommendation I can submit it?
No, feel free to submit in as much letters as you like.
Please note that the system will only update the first letters received that meet the requirements in Webstar. If you want to know if any extra letters were received, you can contact the admissions call center.

Source: http://osteopathic.nova.edu/do/admissions/faq.html

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Strange, when they called me I definitely tried to clarify if that was a pre-acceptance thing and they said yes and to send them now.

I just got off the phone with them again and was told my application was complete for review, letters and all. I was told the transcripts aren't needed immediately as they should be sent via aacomas but they are required for my whole application to be considered complete. It was emphasized that it doesn't mean acceptance. I'll be sending mine in just to be sure and be prepared if needed.

For transcript submission I was given two options that are also found on their site.

electronically transcript submission: [email protected]

Physical Mailing address:

Enrollment Processing Services
College of Osteopathic Medicine
Office of Admissions
3301 College Avenue
PO Box 299000
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33329-9905

This is so frustrating! They keep telling all of us different things

So I sent 3 LORs through interfolio and somehow only 2 of them got uploaded on their webstar for me. The physician LOR is the one that didn't get uploaded which is weird. I called and they had me resend it and they also told me I have to send an official transcript to them. I had no idea that was a requirement since they already have my verified grades on aacomas. This school's admissions department seems a bit unorganized to me.

So I sent 3 LORs through interfolio and somehow only 2 of them got uploaded on their webstar for me. The physician LOR is the one that didn't get uploaded which is weird. I called and they had me resend it and they also told me I have to send an official transcript to them. I had no idea that was a requirement since they already have my verified grades on aacomas. This school's admissions department seems a bit unorganized to me.

Idk, I just sent my transcripts electronically yesterday and got notice from the transcript service my university uses that they received them today. Just send them in just in case would be my advice

Just called and checked my app status. Was told that "they are still dealing with the incoming 2015 class" so I am taking that as in they haven't even begun reviews of secondary apps. I also am "complete" and never sent a transcript beyond what came with my AACOMAS verified primary. So----we keep on waiting I guess.

Reactions: 3 users
Just received a call saying my application was complete and forwarded to the admissions committee. Kinda nice having a personal update. They asked if I had any questions too.

You didn't get the automated call of completion?

You didn't get the automated call of completion?

...Nope. Submitted secondary on 8/13. I think other people have received the same call. I asked what the timeline looked like and she said they'd be reviewing within the next two weeks but that it may take up to 2 months to hear about an interview.

Last edited:
Any idea when the first NSU II was last season? I recall end of August but may be wrong

Members don't see this ad :)
^^Ha what would we do without these threads....thank goodness for SDN!

I think they sent out II on Fridays last year, so maybe this will be the week! But that's what I say every week :(

Reactions: 2 users
Then you are guaranteed to be right, eventually!

Reactions: 1 users
They were given out mid-August last year. I'd imagine by the end of the month there should be some update

12th Aug is when they sent the first II last year....Why are they delaying it this year -.-

12th Aug is when they sent the first II last year....Why are they delaying it this year -.-

Went through and unsubscribed all my junk mail... Every time I hear my phone mail app go off I get excited lol

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone talked with admissions to see what the hold up is and when we can expect the first round of II's to be given? When they called for confirmation they said you should receive news in about 1 month. Its been over 1.5 months now.

Has anyone talked with admissions to see what the hold up is and when we can expect the first round of II's to be given? When they called for confirmation they said you should receive news in about 1 month. Its been over 1.5 months now.

Every time I talk to admissions, they give me conflicting information. One guy told me interviews wouldn't start until April....which couldn't possible be true. Other times I have been told that they have no clue when interviews will begin and I should just check my email- which I do constantly :laugh:.

Every time I talk to admissions, they give me conflicting information. One guy told me interviews wouldn't start until April....which couldn't possible be true. Other times I have been told that they have no clue when interviews will begin and I should just check my email- which I do constantly :laugh:.

hahaha oh man could you imagine them starting in April...

They've started handing out a batch of rejections the past few days, so if you're still around then you're in good shape.

Reactions: 6 users
They've started handing out a batch of rejections the past few days, so if you're still around then you're in good shape.

Do you happen to know if the rejections are coming via snail mail or email?

Do you happen to know if these are this cycle rejections or waiting list from the last cycle? wallflower 127 has contacted admission last week and " "they are still dealing with the incoming 2015 class"

Was this posted somewhere? I don't have a rejection so that's a plus but it is weird how long they're taking compared to the last couple years

On my portal next to the transcript that was "required" to be sent with the secondary, it says awaiting degree conferral. I have everything else in, but have not received a complete phone call. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: Whoops. Nevermind. Wrong thread. Here's hoping we hear something soon!

On my portal next to the transcript that was "required" to be sent with the secondary, it says awaiting degree conferral. I have everything else in, but have not received a complete phone call. Anyone else experiencing this?
I don't have a specific section on mine for transcript... and i didn't send in a transcript separately either but I got a phone call that I was completely after my secondary app and references were handed in and updated online.

Do we have to hand in a transcript separately even though it's part of our primary app already?

I don't have a specific section on mine for transcript... and i didn't send in a transcript separately either but I got a phone call that I was completely after my secondary app and references were handed in and updated online.

Do we have to hand in a transcript separately even though it's part of our primary app already?
When I called they said I had to. There has been a lot of conflicting information going around. Since you got the call, you should probably be fine. I don't know why they made me send mine...

Just curious about the source of this info? I'm not doubting you... just more curious about how legit this is...?

Also, i feel like they're probably taking longer because of a) the increased number of DO applicants expected (based on trends) b) the new AACOMAS application was being difficult for many

I called and asked the admissions counselors. The rejection letters sent out were for people who didn't receive closure for the last cycle.

the post above said rejections were sent out for those who didn't receive closure haha. I'm implying that means those who didn't hear back at all.

I received the complete call back in July but when I look at the online portal my letters still aren't there... do other people who are complete see them on their portal?

I received the complete call back in July but when I look at the online portal my letters still aren't there... do other people who are complete see them on their portal?

If you received the completion call, I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can always call to double check though.

Personally, I can see my letters and the date each was received.

word on the street is that interview offers might start rolling out first week of september.
A friend of mine just spoke to admissions, and that is the message that was relayed to him

I got a call today however missed it, voice mail stating my application is now "ready for review" guy said that I should call back at earliest convenience. do I need to call back, freaking 20 minutes on hold...

I got a call today however missed it, voice mail stating my application is now "ready for review" guy said that I should call back at earliest convenience. do I need to call back, freaking 20 minutes on hold...

I missed the call as well. The lady who left me a voice mail said to call back if I had questions. If you don't have questions, then you should be fine.

I remember when I first received that call. My heart started racing and I thought it would be a II, I wasnt aware that NSU made personal calls to confirm your app was under review.

I remember when I first received that call. My heart started racing and I thought it would be a II, I wasnt aware that NSU made personal calls to confirm your app was under review.
I was on the highway in my company truck... I swerved hard and headed for a gas station... I wasn't happy that day

M1 here at NSUCOM. Just wanted to drop by to encourage this cycle's applicants - keep your head up and stay positive (comes in very handy). I was in y'alls shoes a couple of months ago. If you need any advice, help or anything, feel free to PM me. Good luck to you guys.

Reactions: 2 users
M1 here at NSUCOM. Just wanted to drop by to encourage this cycle's applicants - keep your head up and stay positive (comes in very handy). I was in y'alls shoes a couple of months ago. If you need any advice, help or anything, feel free to PM me. Good luck to you guys.

How do you like Nova thus far? Any particular aspects you don't like?

Last edited: