University of Minnesota c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you declining whose reason is cost, it would be awesome if you would let them know that.

I LOVE this school. But they just keep ignoring cost concerns. I mean, they make noise about dealing with it but nothing substantive ever seems to happen.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE CALL GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just now?!! Congratulations!!!!!!! Officially freaking out

I know!!! I wasn't expecting to hear anything until Friday or towards the end of the week. Totally took me by surprise.

Just got my acceptance phone call, too! :) If only the next one would be to accept my lottery prize....

Reactions: 3 users
I got my acceptance call!!!!! I THINK I AM GOING TO DIE FROM EXCITEMENT!!!!!!

This phone call took me by surprise - I was expecting to hear from them towards the end of the week! I loved this university, and they were so nice! Made my account just now to post this exciting news!!!!

I got my acceptance call!!!!! I THINK I AM GOING TO DIE FROM EXCITEMENT!!!!!!

This phone call took me by surprise - I was expecting to hear from them towards the end of the week! I loved this university, and they were so nice! Made my account just now to post this exciting news!!!!

I almost started crying on the phone, I was so excited.

Reactions: 1 users
I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats everyone!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting!!! She asked if I had questions and I said I was in shock LOL!!!

I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats everyone!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting!!! She asked if I had questions and I said I was in shock LOL!!!

I couldn't even concentrate on anything she said after "You've been accepted." I was just like "Umm..I think I'll just wait for the email and see then......."

Congrats everyone!!! Did any of you interview during the first interview weekend? I literally feel like I am going to be sick.

Congrats everyone!!! Did any of you interview during the first interview weekend? I literally feel like I am going to be sick.

I interviewed the second weekend. My last name starts with a B though, which would make sense if they're going alphabetically?

I interviewed the second weekend. My last name starts with a B though, which would make sense if they're going alphabetically?
Doubt they're going alphabetically...I'm an M

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my acceptance as well! Now I need to start trying to figure out where I want to go...it is a good problem

I'm a C and interviewed during the first weekend... trying not to get ahead of myself, but really struggling :( :( :( ughhhh

I'm a C and interviewed during the first weekend... trying not to get ahead of myself, but really struggling :( :( :( ughhhh

Remember! There are 47 OOS spots, and even more if you're IS! :D

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I screamed in the poor guy's ear!!!!! He was so calm, and I was so.... not.

Reactions: 13 users

I screamed in the poor guy's ear!!!!!

Wish I could Like a MILLION times!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:soexcited::hardy::clap::clap::highfive:

Reactions: 1 user
Wish I could Like a MILLION times!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:soexcited::hardy::clap::clap::highfive:
Thank you!!!!!!!!! Maybe we'll end up classmates after all!!! ;) ;) :soexcited::love::clap::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::biglove::biglove::biglove::highfive:

I'm in, too!!!!!! :soexcited:

Congrats, everyone!!!!

I keep looking at my phone to make sure I really did get a phone call from Minnesota lol! I felt like I dreamt it now or that I am going crazy!

I screamed in the poor guy's ear!!!!! He was so calm, and I was so.... not.

See! Nothing to worry about! :) :) :)

I keep looking at my phone to make sure I really did get a phone call from Minnesota lol! I felt like I dreamt it now or that I am going crazy!

My call didn't even come up as an MN number... it came up as WA, so I was very confused lol

See! Nothing to worry about! :) :) :)
You were so right!!!! :biglove:

The Washington thing threw me off too! I cannot believe I got in, especially after how I felt leaving my interview..

Looks like I got in!

By what time did they say to look out for that email? I didn't write it down

They told me to look for it in the next few hours... I think haha

I got the acceptance call! Definitely scared my dog with all my dancing around :soexcited:

Congrats to the peeps getting acceptances! I remember how exciting it was! :)

Look forward to meeting y'all in fall!

Reactions: 4 users
I got my acceptance call today while I was at work!! Oh my God! I'm so excited. I'm going to vet school at the University of Minnesota. This is the best day of my life!!!! :love:

Congrats everybody!!!! :claps: Especially to those of you who are on your second or more try!

Can't wait to see you all next fall :)

Aaaaahhhhhhh I got in!!!!!! I'm so excited I don't even know what to do with myself!!!

I got an acceptance as well !! congrats everyone !! I'm still in shock... :soexcited:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IN!!!! MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!!

it was excruciating not being able to answer the phone call when it went off in my big lecture hall class.... I saw it vibrating and the caller id said minnesota, but i was forced to just stare at it! lol can't beleive it!

CONGRATS AT ALL OF YOU!!!! @sblove17 @TheComfyCat @98cats @ivory11 @kjbadger and others!!!!!! Its so great to be able to see people that have been on SDN fretting all this time finally get some good news!!!!!!!!!

:highfive::clap::soexcited::biglove::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IN!!!! MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!!

it was excruciating not being able to answer the phone call when it went off in my big lecture hall class.... I saw it vibrating and the caller id said minnesota, but i was forced to just stare at it! lol can't beleive it!

CONGRATS AT ALL OF YOU!!!! @sblove17 @TheComfyCat @98cats @ivory11 @kjbadger and others!!!!!! Its so great to be able to see people that have been on SDN fretting all this time finally get some good news!!!!!!!!!

:highfive::clap::soexcited::biglove::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I wanna know who you are because I'm pretty sure we interviewed in the same weekend and were talking on here during that time. That was you right? I'm just wondering if we've already met......
:D

I got the call during class too, so I had to wait to listen to the voicemail. I'm pretty sure I spent the rest of class grinning creepily to myself.

I wanna know who you are because I'm pretty sure we interviewed in the same weekend and were talking on here during that time. That was you right? I'm just wondering if we've already met......
:D
haha we did interview the same weekend haha I saw @Gluffalo at the equine thingy but i didn't get a chance to say hi. lol maybe I saw you in passing @98cats

I got the call during class too, so I had to wait to listen to the voicemail. I'm pretty sure I spent the rest of class grinning creepily to myself.
i totally got nothing from that lecture after I saw the call.
FUNNIEST THING THOUGH : my voicemail wasn't set up yet so when I saw the voicemail notification pop up I called it and I had to put my head down on the table so my professor wouldn't see I was on the phone DURING class... and I literally sat there going through all the stupid voicemail set up prompts trying to access the stupid messege -__- epic fail. The girl next to me was looking at me all weird hahaha :D

Even though I declined my interview to Minnesota (due to cost), I'm glad a lot of people got in who didn't expect to be admitted. Minnesota is a great school - one of the top ten in the country. All of you should be incredibly proud!

We're gonna be vets!!! :soexcited:

yeah ... congrats to all of you and me~
i got in too!!!!

They are definitely not going alphabetically unless it's the reverse alphabet because I'm a Z! I got my call around 1:30 today but I was working so I missed it. I got the email first! I was super shocked because I wasn't expecting to hear until Friday! Last year they didn't call until Friday, they must be on the ball this year! I interviewed on the first day (Thursday the 30th).

Got accepted! And immediately after my coworker got formaldehyde in her eye so I had to take care of that. No time to celebrate!

Got accepted! And immediately after my coworker got formaldehyde in her eye so I had to take care of that. No time to celebrate!
you should do it now then! CELEBRATE :) So you going to another school or you think youll accept MN?

you should do it now then! CELEBRATE :) So you going to another school or you think youll accept MN?

I've got my last interview at Penn (my IS) on Friday. I'm not going to stress myself about the decision until I know my options! I'd really be happy to go to any of the schools I've interviewed. MN felt like the best 'fit' so far, but I can't be naive to it's OOS expenses. There's a lot to take into account!