2008-2009 Albert Einstein Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ar2388

rads resident
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
https://www.aecom.yu.edu/admissions/admissionApplication.asp

Although they do say that you shouldnt send it until they let you know that they have received you primary.

they ask for some personal info and this list of questions:

If you check "Yes" for any of the following, you will be provided a text box so that you may provide a detailed response. I have taken time off between high school and college
(explain your activities in detail, and your reasons for taking time off, and include dates.) No Yes
I have taken time off during my undergraduate years
(explain your activities in detail, and your reasons for taking time off, and include dates.) No Yes
I have taken off at least a year since college graduation
I plan to take off this year, after just having graduated, while I make application to medical school
(explain what you plan to do this year and please provide confirmation of your plans when they are complete) No Yes
I have applied to medical school previously
(please list schools and year of application) No Yes
I have submitted an AMCAS application to Einstein previously (Please keep in mind that if you completed two prior applications, you are ineligible for reapplication.)
(please indicate whether you completed the application process for Einstein, and list years applied) No Yes
I am presently enrolled in the Sue Golding Graduate Division
(please indicate the year you enrolled, when you plan to take your qualifying examination, and the name of your mentor/department. It is required that your mentor write a letter of recommendation on your behalf.) No Yes Year Enrolled: I plan to take my qualifying examination in:

Mentor/Department:
I am presently enrolled as an undergraduate student at Yeshiva University No Yes I will graduate in / MM/YYYY
I had been accepted to medical school previously but chose not to matriculate
(please indicate the name of the school, the year, and your reasons for not matriculating) No Yes
I had been enrolled previously in a medical school
(please indicate the name of the school, the dates of your enrollment, and your reason for leaving) No Yes
I have not completed the pre-medical requirements
(please indicate what courses you are missing, and when and where you plan to complete them) No Yes
I will not have a Baccalaureate Degree at the time I matriculate in medical school
(please indicate why you will not have your Degree) No Yes
I am presently holding a deferred enrollment to a medical / professional school
(please indicate where you are holding a deferral and why you are applying to Einstein now) No Yes
I have received a grade of "F" during my college / graduate school years
(please indicate the name of the course and the reason for the failure) No Yes
I have been subject to a disciplinary action while in school
(please indicate the reason for the action and how the disciplinary action affected you) No Yes
I have disciplinary charges pending
(please explain in detail) No Yes
I have been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation
I expect that there will be criminal charges brought against me which are now pending
I have been prohibited or suspended from practicing in a professional capacity due to or as a result of alleged misconduct
(please explain in detail)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
hey this is the link to the 2008 entering class application..look at it carefully!

hey this is the link to the 2008 entering class application..look at it carefully!

ah BLAST IT! there goes my eagerness to be early and whatnot. uh.. man i suck.

Members don't see this ad :)
well kudos to you anyway for being so prompt about things.....but do post again when it does come!

under payment, it says enclose a payment receipt. Did anyone get a receipt?

The secondary application has a SUBMIT button..

why are the instructions asking us to mail it in!?!

From the sound of the email, it seems that they just want the paper version as an assurance.

Yeah I couldn't find a receipt anywhere, so I just cropped a part of my online bank statement that shows the charge.

Clicking on the "please print and sign your application" link just brought me to a blank copy of the application. Did everybody else get a completed version of their app?

I didn't get a receipt either- I think I will call the school... I did get a secondary submitted email that says payment: accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Called the school-

The person in the office of admissions said to just mail the email with the authorization code from payment. Seems like life is stressful there as she was very short with me!

Called the school-

The person in the office of admissions said to just mail the email with the authorization code from payment. Seems like life is stressful there as she was very short with me!

I just called too. She said we're supposed to get an email confirmation and send that in with the application. From the way she described it, the online form doesn't actually submit anything, it's just so that you can print it out.

She also said that people haven't been getting their receipts right away because so many people are doing it all at once, and that somebody had their credit card charged 3 times because they kept trying. She told me to wait for a receipt in the email and then hung up on me.

What page are you guys even printing?

Are you printing the page that has the submit button... or is there something you print after submitting and paying?

Are you going to mail your app. in now or are you going to wait until you receive the email? On the completion checklist, it says not to submit until receiving their email invite:

http://www.aecom.yu.edu/admissions/page.aspx?ID=666

Just wondering what you were going to do? Thanks.

This is the wrong app... the first link on the page is the correct one.
Read them more carefully...

I just called too. She said we're supposed to get an email confirmation and send that in with the application. From the way she described it, the online form doesn't actually submit anything, it's just so that you can print it out.

She also said that people haven't been getting their receipts right away because so many people are doing it all at once, and that somebody had their credit card charged 3 times because they kept trying. She told me to wait for a receipt in the email and then hung up on me.

Hmm, so I wonder which email she is talking about.

Are you guys putting a real photo in there too? The instructions say that you must put a 2 by 2 photo with your amcas ID number on the back. But the online thing asked us to upload one.

Hmm, so I wonder which email she is talking about.

Are you guys putting a real photo in there too? The instructions say that you must put a 2 by 2 photo with your amcas ID number on the back. But the online thing asked us to upload one.

I didn't get crap in my email. I'm going to try to submit it again and worry about duplicate charges later.

EDIT: I just submitted again, and again the application that I'm supposed to print out was blank.

I didn't get crap in my email. I'm going to try to submit it again and worry about duplicate charges later.

really? you didn't get an email telling you that your payment was accepted?

really? you didn't get an email telling you that your payment was accepted?

Nope. I just tried it again, and nothing. I'm going to give it a third try, and if it doesn't go through, I'm just going to send them a check with the snail mail.

Nope. I just tried it again, and nothing. I'm going to give it a third try, and if it doesn't go through, I'm just going to send them a check with the snail mail.

There's no rush! From what people have posted earlier, they may be having technical issues. Try calling them and asking whats going on.

There's no rush! From what people have posted earlier, they may be having technical issues. Try calling them and asking whats going on.

I actually think I figured out the problem. Auto-formatted "smart" apostrophes in Word have to be changed to standard text straight apostrophes, just like in the AMCAS primary. If you don't, it'll throw up an error, and your printable application will be blank.

This is the wrong app... the first link on the page is the correct one.
Read them more carefully...

Actually it is the right link for the checklist (read my question), but the link from there to the secondary app is incorrect and has not been updated.

Also, yesterday when I hit the submit button it basically took me to a printable version of my app. and said that eventually the school plans to have submissions completed online, but for now printing and mailing is the only option.

did you mail in the payment receipt confirmation and a hard copy of your photo?

Actually it is the right link for the checklist (read my question), but the link from there to the secondary app is incorrect and has not been updated.

Also, yesterday when I hit the submit button it basically took me to a printable version of my app. and said that eventually the school plans to have submissions completed online, but for now printing and mailing is the only option.

There is another technical glitch right now. I had to answer the question about being out of school, and the app is throwing a db error bitching about row length. There's no char limit on the app, so I'm not going to shorten my essay just yet, but I did take a stab at diagnosing the issue for them since I'm a software developer familiar with the error. Maybe if I'm right they'll accept me out of gratitude. :p And if I'm wrong... :scared:

Anyway, I haven't gotten a response yet from them about what to do in the meantime.

did you mail in the payment receipt confirmation and a hard copy of your photo?

Today, after receiving the AECOM invite, I mailed in my secondary app. and a hard copy of my picture. I have a fee waiver, therefore I mailed confirmation for that. I assumed that this was all that was needed judging by the checklist page. I like electronic submissions much better.

Yeah, they just need that payment authorization email

I actually think I figured out the problem. Auto-formatted "smart" apostrophes in Word have to be changed to standard text straight apostrophes, just like in the AMCAS primary. If you don't, it'll throw up an error, and your printable application will be blank.

Did anyone else having problems with the app try this?

doesnt the photo you uploaded print with the application? why attach another hard copy of the photo? jesus what a silly app. they couldve left it as a pdf file like last year. sigh. lol im so sick of secondaries already... behind on mt sinai and boston.. :(

Last edited:
Unless told otherwise, I think you should follow their instructions.

No matter how pointless it may seem to us, it may have a purpose for them. Maybe the photo goes to a separate file or something. We don't know. Why would you risk having your file incomplete, over a little redundancy?

doesnt the photo you uploaded print with the application? why attach another hard copy of the photo? jesus what a silly app. they couldve left it as a pdf file like last year. sigh. lol im so sick of secondaries already... behind on mt sinai and boston.. :(

Unless told otherwise, I think you should follow their instructions.

No matter how pointless it may seem to us, it may have a purpose for them. Maybe the photo goes to a separate file or something. We don't know. Why would you risk having your file incomplete, over a little redundancy?

my uploaded photo was so crappy anyway that i just taped over it....im so confused.

alright so in order to try complying with the vague instructions, i have taped a 2nd photo next to the uploaded one. but i taped it only on top so if necessary they can take it off and see my amcas id # and whatnot.. or should i not do that??

phew.. done... ready to mail it in

my uploaded photo was so crappy anyway that i just taped over it....im so confused.

alright so in order to try complying with the vague instructions, i have taped a 2nd photo next to the uploaded one. but i taped it only on top so if necessary they can take it off and see my amcas id # and whatnot.. or should i not do that??

lol, I just paper clipped mine to it.

whats the mailing address?

Looks like the secondaries are actually submitted online though:

Thank you for your application. We have received your application.

You may print your Application Summary at [URL="http://www.aecom.yu.edu/admissions/printApplication.asp?id=xxxxx"]http://www.aecom.yu.edu/admissions/printApplication.asp?id=xxxxx[/URL]
Payment Status: Accepted
Authcode: xxxxxxx

Doesn't look like a receipt though. Is this what people are mailing in? or did you get an additioanl receipt

Somebody called and the admissions people said to just send that one. Not sure tho, call and share with us!

Admissions office says not to send anything in yet

They'll email us again later today with a confirmation page that works... and that won't display a blank page

Admissions office says not to send anything in yet

They'll email us again later today with a confirmation page that works... and that won't display a blank page

Son of a...too late :mad:

Hmm, Well, I guess its not your fault, they should have sent an email out telling everyone that there is a glitch in the system.

There's nothing you could have done. I bet loads of people have submitted already.

actually I take that back.. I assumed that. I mentioned the confirmation email and payment confirmation code in the email. She just told me to wait.

She didn't explicitly tell me NOT to send it in though.. I just assumed... you can call again and check

actually I take that back.. I assumed that. I mentioned the confirmation email and payment confirmation code in the email. She just told me to wait.

She didn't explicitly tell me NOT to send it in though.. I just assumed... you can call again and check

Haha, I'd rather not. The woman I spoke to this morning was unbelievably rude. She hung up on me mid-sentence! FWIW, she said to print out the application, the confirmation email, and send it all in. She also said to make sure that you sign the app, or the committee will "just reject you outright."

Haha, I'd rather not. The woman I spoke to this morning was unbelievably rude. She hung up on me mid-sentence! FWIW, she said to print out the application, the confirmation email, and send it all in. She also said to make sure that you sign the app, or the committee will "just reject you outright."

hmmm... iiinteresting.

Whoa!!! WTF?!? I just got 4 secondary submission confirmation emails from Einstein in the space of 3 minutes, and I submitted yesterday! I haven't touched the application all day! Did this happen to anyone else?

so am I right that there are no essays to submit for this secondary? I wasn't sure if they were on the next page or something. Thanks

Whoa!!! WTF?!? I just got 4 secondary submission confirmation emails from Einstein in the space of 3 minutes, and I submitted yesterday! I haven't touched the application all day! Did this happen to anyone else?

Yup, same here. And one of them had a link to the receipt that was totally different from the receipt that they emailed me this morning.

so am I right that there are no essays to submit for this secondary? I wasn't sure if they were on the next page or something. Thanks

Only if you answer yes to any of the questions about if you've taken time off from school, previously applied, etc.

a receipt for payment? i was gonna mail mine in tomorrow with the printed app, the photo, and my amcas fee waiver.. shoudl i print the email and mail that in as well?

I thought I had read this, but now I can't seem to find it...do we have to send a copy of our passport with the secondary?

After filling out my secondary, it says that I left some of the red fields blank....i did not....does this mean that they have taken it offline temporarily to fix it up?

For those who are re-applicants, are you listing which schools you previously applied to? Is this really their business & are they just trying to gage their competition? Any thoughts?

(I posted on this before and got lil feedback)

Status
Not open for further replies.