2008-2009 Albert Einstein Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, question.

It asks if you've applied before and to which schools. I did an AMCAS before, but only ever finished for 1 school. Do I need to list the others? And if so, do I need to list ALL the schools? I figure a representative bunch would be enough, if I even need that...

Members don't see this ad.

^ not 100% sure, but I would think submitting a primary constitutes as beginning the application process. After all, the school has you on file and sent you a secondary, which you chose not to complete. I'm sure you could explain it, though... if there was a good reason you decided not to.

It kind of sucks that there's no status check for this.

If that's the case should I list all schools or just a few?

Members don't see this ad :)
Couldn't say, have you asked them directly?

I'm glad I'm not the only this has happened to. I sent in my secondary about two weeks ago, and when I logged in today to check the status of my application there was a picture of some guy that is DEFINITELY not me. Must be some kind of glitch in their system....

Hahah well that makes me more relaxed about it. They never even bothered to email me back on this one...

oh well still funny

So I clicked submit, entered my credit card info, then submitted again, and I got a page that said

"Thank you.
False
...."

It then asked me to print out the app and mail it.

Oh, nevermind. I just got a confirmation email saying payment was received. So I guess if anyone else has this problem (with the ambiguous "False" message post-payment), just wait, you may get confirmation.

Anyway,
what a completely ridiculous application, what with all the redundancies and glitches. I'm feeling pretty annoyed now.

so how long did it take for them to email you the confirmation? I submitted mine 3 days ago and still haven't heard anything...

Bump.

Do you guys know if there's a link to check the status. I haven't heard anything post secondary submission

Bump.

Do you guys know if there's a link to check the status. I haven't heard anything post secondary submission
same here.. then again my premed committee hasnt sent in my letters yet.. :(

Has anyone received a confirmation that the paper application has been received?

NObody that has posted here has (me included). You can call and tell us what you find though.
Oh I have called. Those people were pissed. They didn't tell me a thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh I have called. Those people were pissed. They didn't tell me a thing.

It's still early in the season, but I think Einstein wins the award for rudest office staff.

It's still early in the season, but I think Einstein wins the award for rudest office staff.

Damn dude.. I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that!
The tone in the woman's voice was so.. rude.

Why did they bother to send secondary notices out if they arent going to process them? It has been nearly a month since I mailed my paper app and still no word. Feeling pretty ripped off....

I dare you to call them and ask when they are sending out notices.

Why did they bother to send secondary notices out if they arent going to process them? It has been nearly a month since I mailed my paper app and still no word. Feeling pretty ripped off....

They are processing them...

I was called about a week ago because I had submitted an online payment, but received a blank application to print. So, I "fixed" the issue and I resubmitted my application without payment and printed it. Then, I sent the app with a check, and then a person called me to confirm that it was "okay" to destroy the check since my initial online payment went through. Go figure.

:thumbup: for being honest.

They are processing them...

I was called about a week ago because I had submitted an online payment, but received a blank application to print. So, I "fixed" the issue and I resubmitted my application without payment and printed it. Then, I sent the app with a check, and then a person called me to confirm that it was "okay" to destroy the check since my initial online payment went through. Go figure.

:thumbup: for being honest.

You are the only person on SDN that we know of who they have contacted. Congratulations. The rest of us dont even know if our mailed apps got there or not.

You are the only person on SDN that we know of who they have contacted. Congratulations. The rest of us dont even know if our mailed apps got there or not.

I think Chubby also got a Complete email. It's pretty random. I also tried calling and will regret it forever.

They did end up giving me my refund after charging my credit card multiple times for the secondary. I didn't even have to give them my name when I called, so either I was the only one it happened to, or it was common enough that they took care of it :D

Why so bitter?

Just giving trying to share some knowledge with the rest of the SDN crowd

Next time, use delivery confirmation via USPS.

Why so bitter?

Just giving trying to share some knowledge with the rest of the SDN crowd

Next time, use delivery confirmation via USPS.

Um I wasnt being bitter. I can see how it might have come off that way.

DC is a waste on envelopes IMO, but to each his own.

whoo! just got a complete email. here for anyoen interested:
Dear Applicant:

We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

If you have applied to the combined M.D./Ph.D. Program, you will be contacted directly by that Office.

If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder.

Please note that interviews are granted only by decision of the Admissions Committee.

If you are planning a trip to New York, please let us know the dates so that we may accommodate you in the event that an interview invitation is forthcoming. You can inform us of your travel plans by emailing: [email protected]

It is important that we have a correct email address for you and suggest that you notify both the medical schools that you have applied to, and AMCAS if there is any change in your email or mailing address.

Disposition letters are sent via first class mail when a final decision is made on your application.

If there is any additional information that you would like to include with your application as the year progresses, please feel free to either mail it or fax it to 718-430-8840.

We thank you again for your interest in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Joan Baldassarri
Admissions Coordinator
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx, New York 10461

Telephone: 718-430-2106
FAX: 718-430-8840
www.aecom.yu.edu

Is einstein rolling? any idea when adcoms meet?!?!

Has anyone else NOT gotten the "complete" email? I sent in my paper application on 7/17 and haven't heard anything back. I hope that it won't matter that I sent in the initial "payment submitted" receipt rather than the official receipt (that is emailed to you).

I'm considering calling but I don't want to get brushed off by the admissions staff. Anyone have success calling and inquiring about their application?

Has anyone else NOT gotten the "complete" email? I sent in my paper application on 7/17 and haven't heard anything back. I hope that it won't matter that I sent in the initial "payment submitted" receipt rather than the official receipt (that is emailed to you).

I'm considering calling but I don't want to get brushed off by the admissions staff. Anyone have success calling and inquiring about their application?

I haven't gotten the email either- and I also sent in the initial payment email because it took them over 12 hours to get me a real receipt. I am going to wait a few more days... I loathe their admissions staff!

hmm i submitted 7/21 (as in priority mailed it) and got the complete email 8/8.. i guess ti takes them a bit of time

Wow those people are a bit rough over there! I submitted my app on 7/23 and my payment went through. I still hadn't heard from them. However, went I sent in my paper app, I didn't include my receipt (I don't remember ever really getting one but I had just moved and everything so who knows.... I think my brain was still packed up in a box). Anyway, I called and the lady said that if they needed it, that they would e-mail me. But I'm still not copmlete 3 weeks later! Whats the deal?

I turned in everything around 8/1. I called the MSTP office yesterday and they said my application hadn't been forwarded from MD-admissions.

Called MD admissions today and told them I sent in all of my materials "a couple of weeks ago" -- and she responded "those emails haven't been sent out yet, but we'll notify you by email when you're complete." She was nice, but didn't offer to check my file.

hah just called, they are rough on the phone! The lady said they don't do status checks over the phone and that she couldn't check my file.

I was a little confused by something I saw on the application under post-bacc students. They said that I need to get the dean of my undergraduate university to send them a letter saying that I was in academic good standing? Is that true? I haven't had to do that for any other secondaries so far. Has anyone else encountered this?

Yes, I also have to do that. Wash U requires a Dean's cert also but they give you a form for the dean to fill out. I called my Dean of Academic Affairs and he seemed to know what I was asking for and said he would get them out immediately. Give your undergrad inst. a call and see who handles that sort of thing.

I was a little confused by something I saw on the application under post-bacc students. They said that I need to get the dean of my undergraduate university to send them a letter saying that I was in academic good standing? Is that true? I haven't had to do that for any other secondaries so far. Has anyone else encountered this?

Wow those people are a bit rough over there! I submitted my app on 7/23 and my payment went through. I still hadn't heard from them. However, went I sent in my paper app, I didn't include my receipt (I don't remember ever really getting one but I had just moved and everything so who knows.... I think my brain was still packed up in a box). Anyway, I called and the lady said that if they needed it, that they would e-mail me. But I'm still not copmlete 3 weeks later! Whats the deal?

Should be soon. I sent mine on 7/22, and I just got the e-mail confirmation that I've completed their app.

does anybody know how AECOM schedules their interviews? in other words, what days of the week do they hold them? i have a planned trip to new york, and was wondering if i should go early and include more of the weekdays, or extend my stay and include more weekends.

This thread is getting me frustrated because now I don't want to call :) I snail mailed my app 8/5 and snail mailed LORs through Interfolio on 8/4. No confirmation...

This thread is getting me frustrated because now I don't want to call :) I snail mailed my app 8/5 and snail mailed LORs through Interfolio on 8/4. No confirmation...

I snail mailed my app back in July and barely got the complete email on Monday. Looks like you've got a couple more weeks at least.

If I'm doing the committee letter, who do I put as the premedical advisor? My advisor did not write me the letter.. The committee letter writer did...

I had this issue with Columbia and was told to put "Packet" for name. Whats the deal for AECOM. I'm too scared to call...haha

Thanks!

does anybody know how AECOM schedules their interviews? in other words, what days of the week do they hold them? i have a planned trip to new york, and was wondering if i should go early and include more of the weekdays, or extend my stay and include more weekends.

Monday through Friday, so no weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.