You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 NYU Secondary Application Thread
Started by ButImLETired
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
DON'T GIVE UP.
I just got in! 🙂
wow, that's fantastic news! congrats to you!
if you don't mind sharing, did you send any letters after being waitlisted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks for sharing the good news. although i'm still staying hopeful, i'm guessing they e-mail out all of their waitlist acceptances at once... so those of us who didn't hear anything today probably have to wait another 2 weeks or so before any (possible) acceptances 🙁
nevertheless it's great to hear that acceptances are still going out. congrats again to both of you!
nevertheless it's great to hear that acceptances are still going out. congrats again to both of you!
i also received the acceptance email this afternoon. so excited! now just have to consider the boston versus nyc option...
best of luck to others still waiting!
be sure to update the "official 2009 waitlist movement thread":
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=8243832#post8243832
best of luck to others still waiting!
be sure to update the "official 2009 waitlist movement thread":
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=8243832#post8243832
Last edited:
Hey guys,
I just got in, too! Good luck to everyone waiting!!
I just got in, too! Good luck to everyone waiting!!
Hey guys,
I just got in, too! Good luck to everyone waiting!!
congrats cocamacola! i'm glad to see more and more people being accepted!
for all of us still waiting on some good news.P.S. in the future will NYU be able to tell us what our chances are? i'm still hoping for an acceptance, but if i don't hear anything by July I'll have to start making plans to attend my current school. at some point they should be able to tell us where we stand, right?
Yeah I sent one letter pre being waitlisted, and one after being waitlisted. These acceptances are still coming so just cross your fingers, and don't give up!
I am definitely attending, so hello future classmates!
did they call you, or did they just send you an email?
did they call you, or did they just send you an email?
Just an email, and they said a letter is in the mail.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
Quick question-- when you have to send in your final transcript, where exactly do you send it? I sent mine to the same place they have been telling us to send letters of recommendation and whatnot:
Committee on Admissions, NYU School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
I'm guessing that's right, but just want to be on the safe side. Thanks!
Quick question-- when you have to send in your final transcript, where exactly do you send it? I sent mine to the same place they have been telling us to send letters of recommendation and whatnot:
Committee on Admissions, NYU School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
I'm guessing that's right, but just want to be on the safe side. Thanks!
Hi guys,
Quick question-- when you have to send in your final transcript, where exactly do you send it? I sent mine to the same place they have been telling us to send letters of recommendation and whatnot:
Committee on Admissions, NYU School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
I'm guessing that's right, but just want to be on the safe side. Thanks!
yeah, i called, and they said that's the address. also, how do we sign up for housing? i would wait for the actual letter, but i'm afraid there won't be much left by now...
Oh, and does anyone know the date of the white coat ceremony/the days of orientation? Double thanks!
http://www.med.nyu.edu/studentaffairs/orientation/generalinfo.html
Got in off the wait list on wednesday!
The email said we have 2 weeks to decide, but does anyone know how quickly they send financial aid info?
I assume they'll send it before I have to make a decision...at least I hope so.
The email said we have 2 weeks to decide, but does anyone know how quickly they send financial aid info?
I assume they'll send it before I have to make a decision...at least I hope so.
congrats guys!!!
i just moved to the neighborhood so Im having fun exploring all the different places. I cant wait to meet my future classmates 🙂
that's great!. I love NY😍. i'm actually just staying with my bf in the city right now, too. I assume you're living off campus..(?) Would you mind telling me how you found your apartment and what neighborhood you chose to live in? Thanks!
..can't wait till August!!
hey all,
i was just wondering if anyone's had any contact w/ the admissions office recently. do you think more acceptances may go out sometime later this month?
i think it's safe to say that the class wasn't full before since they accepted a bunch of people on Wednesday. i'm just hoping they'll be some more movement in the coming weeks
please continue to share any news you may hear in the future 🙂
i was just wondering if anyone's had any contact w/ the admissions office recently. do you think more acceptances may go out sometime later this month?
i think it's safe to say that the class wasn't full before since they accepted a bunch of people on Wednesday. i'm just hoping they'll be some more movement in the coming weeks

please continue to share any news you may hear in the future 🙂
that's great!. I love NY😍. i'm actually just staying with my bf in the city right now, too. I assume you're living off campus..(?) Would you mind telling me how you found your apartment and what neighborhood you chose to live in? Thanks!
..can't wait till August!!
yupp i am living off campus. I initially used craigslist and searched for places in gramercy and murray hill although I think murray hill is a bit too far north (it starts around 34th or so and extends north). gramercy is right below through the 20s and into the teens a little too. i think that if you want to be within walking distance i would go too farther west than maybe park and probably within the area of 36th to ~18/20th street. I ended up using a broker from Best apartments and they were fantastic.
places arent cheap. i am splitting the rent with my bf and we got a studio, although a pretty large one, ~500 sq ft.
do you think you want to live alone?
Got in off the wait list on wednesday!
The email said we have 2 weeks to decide, but does anyone know how quickly they send financial aid info?
I assume they'll send it before I have to make a decision...at least I hope so.
i just called the financial aid office, and i was told that they will not be able to provide financial aid information until either friday or next monday (but still not guaranteed). i mentioned the fact that this only gives us a day or two to make a decision, but apparently, this is the way the process works. i'm not expecting much of a package anyway, to be honest!
its been 2 weeks since last round of acceptances... methinks something will happen today or tommorrow??? anyone else share the same feeling?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where did you decide to go to?I just withdrew today. It was a difficult choice, but I hope that someone who loves this program will receive some happy news soon. Good luck to everyone!
where did you decide to go to?
From his thread, I believe he decided on BU.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=8247906#post8247906
haha yes.. and funny enough i did read that thread tooFrom his thread, I believe he decided on BU.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=8247906#post8247906
haha yes.. and funny enough i did read that thread too
no kidding!
LOLJust got in today off the waitlist!!! Ectactic!!!
Last edited:
Just got in today off the waitlist!!! Extactic!!!
me too!!!!!
👍


Congratulations to you to you both! Had you been waiting long? Are you both definitely attending?Just got in today off the waitlist!!! Extactic!!!
hey, congrats!
just wondering whether you sent any update letter to the admission office?
Yep - I sent updates about every 3-4 weeks.
dang, i think you two (plus whoever else got off the WL this week) are the last 'batch' of acceptees. ie,) now that financial aid is finalized for those we were accepted off the WL around May 15th and shortly after...
there might still be a chance, though...
there might still be a chance, though...
dang, i think you two (plus whoever else got off the WL this week) are the last 'batch' of acceptees. ie,) now that financial aid is finalized for those we were accepted off the WL around May 15th and shortly after...
there might still be a chance, though...
What makes you say this week is the last batch? I was accepted a few weeks ago, and I know someone who was accepted last week. My guess it the list is still moving.
they send you a list of specs that your computer must haveanyone know if NYU offers a computer preloaded or recommends a specific type of computer?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone tried calling the admissions office to squeeze out any more information about the waitlist (i.e. how many people are still on it and how many people may be accepted in the future)?
last year (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=501337) certain SDN members (such as juelz721) were able to find out concrete details about the waitlist from the admissions office. it seems like no one has had any such luck this year? 🙁
last year (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=501337) certain SDN members (such as juelz721) were able to find out concrete details about the waitlist from the admissions office. it seems like no one has had any such luck this year? 🙁
has anyone tried calling the admissions office to squeeze out any more information about the waitlist (i.e. how many people are still on it and how many people may be accepted in the future)?
last year (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=501337) certain SDN members (such as juelz721) were able to find out concrete details about the waitlist from the admissions office. it seems like no one has had any such luck this year? 🙁
perhaps you can be the next juelz721?
perhaps you can be the next juelz721?
Believe me, I've tried. I was just trying to see if anyone else has had better luck.
Believe me, I've tried. I was just trying to see if anyone else has had better luck.
lol.

- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K