2008-2009 NYU Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
any new news?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just accepted today too! I am so thrilled! And yes, I did send two update letters after being waitlisted. Good luck to everyone!

Yeah I sent one letter pre being waitlisted, and one after being waitlisted. These acceptances are still coming so just cross your fingers, and don't give up!

I am definitely attending, so hello future classmates!

thanks for sharing the good news. although i'm still staying hopeful, i'm guessing they e-mail out all of their waitlist acceptances at once... so those of us who didn't hear anything today probably have to wait another 2 weeks or so before any (possible) acceptances :(

nevertheless it's great to hear that acceptances are still going out. congrats again to both of you!

congrats to those who got the good news!

Hey guys,

I just got in, too! Good luck to everyone waiting!!

P.S. in the future will NYU be able to tell us what our chances are? i'm still hoping for an acceptance, but if i don't hear anything by July I'll have to start making plans to attend my current school. at some point they should be able to tell us where we stand, right?

Yeah I sent one letter pre being waitlisted, and one after being waitlisted. These acceptances are still coming so just cross your fingers, and don't give up!

I am definitely attending, so hello future classmates!

did they call you, or did they just send you an email?

hey guys, i got in today also. my first acceptance. im so excited!! and good luck to all those still waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in today as well!

Good luck to those who are waiting.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Quick question-- when you have to send in your final transcript, where exactly do you send it? I sent mine to the same place they have been telling us to send letters of recommendation and whatnot:

Committee on Admissions, NYU School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016

I'm guessing that's right, but just want to be on the safe side. Thanks!

Oh, and does anyone know the date of the white coat ceremony/the days of orientation? Double thanks!

Hi guys,

Quick question-- when you have to send in your final transcript, where exactly do you send it? I sent mine to the same place they have been telling us to send letters of recommendation and whatnot:

Committee on Admissions, NYU School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016

I'm guessing that's right, but just want to be on the safe side. Thanks!

yeah, i called, and they said that's the address. also, how do we sign up for housing? i would wait for the actual letter, but i'm afraid there won't be much left by now...

Hmmm... well, I called and I know that housing is guaranteed for all students. I sort of assumed we would all have a single dorm room like the ones we saw on our tour. I didn't think they did school-sponsored housing off-campus?

congrats guys!!!
i just moved to the neighborhood so Im having fun exploring all the different places. I cant wait to meet my future classmates :)

Got in off the wait list on wednesday!

The email said we have 2 weeks to decide, but does anyone know how quickly they send financial aid info?

I assume they'll send it before I have to make a decision...at least I hope so.

congrats guys!!!
i just moved to the neighborhood so Im having fun exploring all the different places. I cant wait to meet my future classmates :)

that's great!. I love NY:love:. i'm actually just staying with my bf in the city right now, too. I assume you're living off campus..(?) Would you mind telling me how you found your apartment and what neighborhood you chose to live in? Thanks!
..can't wait till August!!

hey all,

i was just wondering if anyone's had any contact w/ the admissions office recently. do you think more acceptances may go out sometime later this month?

i think it's safe to say that the class wasn't full before since they accepted a bunch of people on Wednesday. i'm just hoping they'll be some more movement in the coming weeks :xf:

please continue to share any news you may hear in the future :)

that's great!. I love NY:love:. i'm actually just staying with my bf in the city right now, too. I assume you're living off campus..(?) Would you mind telling me how you found your apartment and what neighborhood you chose to live in? Thanks!
..can't wait till August!!

yupp i am living off campus. I initially used craigslist and searched for places in gramercy and murray hill although I think murray hill is a bit too far north (it starts around 34th or so and extends north). gramercy is right below through the 20s and into the teens a little too. i think that if you want to be within walking distance i would go too farther west than maybe park and probably within the area of 36th to ~18/20th street. I ended up using a broker from Best apartments and they were fantastic.
places arent cheap. i am splitting the rent with my bf and we got a studio, although a pretty large one, ~500 sq ft.
do you think you want to live alone?

Got in off the wait list on wednesday!

The email said we have 2 weeks to decide, but does anyone know how quickly they send financial aid info?

I assume they'll send it before I have to make a decision...at least I hope so.

i just called the financial aid office, and i was told that they will not be able to provide financial aid information until either friday or next monday (but still not guaranteed). i mentioned the fact that this only gives us a day or two to make a decision, but apparently, this is the way the process works. i'm not expecting much of a package anyway, to be honest!

I just withdrew yesterday, so I hope one of you gets my spot. Good luck!

its been 2 weeks since last round of acceptances... methinks something will happen today or tommorrow??? anyone else share the same feeling?

I just withdrew today. It was a difficult choice, but I hope that someone who loves this program will receive some happy news soon. Good luck to everyone!

I just withdrew today. It was a difficult choice, but I hope that someone who loves this program will receive some happy news soon. Good luck to everyone!
where did you decide to go to?

hey guys, who all got accepted at nyu even late also can u plz. post ur states here....? thanks in advance...

Just got in today off the waitlist!!! Ectactic!!!

Last edited:
dang, i think you two (plus whoever else got off the WL this week) are the last 'batch' of acceptees. ie,) now that financial aid is finalized for those we were accepted off the WL around May 15th and shortly after...

there might still be a chance, though...

dang, i think you two (plus whoever else got off the WL this week) are the last 'batch' of acceptees. ie,) now that financial aid is finalized for those we were accepted off the WL around May 15th and shortly after...

there might still be a chance, though...

What makes you say this week is the last batch? I was accepted a few weeks ago, and I know someone who was accepted last week. My guess it the list is still moving.

anyone know if NYU offers a computer preloaded or recommends a specific type of computer?

has anyone tried calling the admissions office to squeeze out any more information about the waitlist (i.e. how many people are still on it and how many people may be accepted in the future)?

last year (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=501337) certain SDN members (such as juelz721) were able to find out concrete details about the waitlist from the admissions office. it seems like no one has had any such luck this year? :(

has anyone tried calling the admissions office to squeeze out any more information about the waitlist (i.e. how many people are still on it and how many people may be accepted in the future)?

last year (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=501337) certain SDN members (such as juelz721) were able to find out concrete details about the waitlist from the admissions office. it seems like no one has had any such luck this year? :(

perhaps you can be the next juelz721?

anyone's accepted status change to status unavailable...if they rescind , I am suing

Status
Not open for further replies.