2008-2009 University of Central Florida (UCF) Secondary Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I totally agree, Fiko. I'm very pleased I was invited to interview and that I got a chance to visit. I mean, it's always good to learn about schools for the future; after all, you never know where you might end up working 20 years from now 😉. That's my take on things.
 
Bumping...for tomorrow's calls.

G'luck, Fiko! Maybe I will see you in class next year 😉 Anyone else waiting on UCF?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bumping...for tomorrow's calls.

G'luck, Fiko! Maybe I will see you in class next year 😉 Anyone else waiting on UCF?


Thanks, g'luck to u too. Yeah that would be awesome. I got some info from their reply to my email. They will be making calls today and tomorrow. They will only be accepting around 4-6 from this first month interview group. Wow thats a small percentage.
 
Thanks, g'luck to u too. Yeah that would be awesome. I got some info from their reply to my email. They will be making calls today and tomorrow. They will only be accepting around 4-6 from this first month interview group. Wow thats a small percentage.

Oh wow..that's really really really small. Yeah. Wow.

Well, I guess they can only have 40 people in the class, so maybe it's not too surprising.

Anyway, I will think good thoughts for us both. :luck::luck::luck:
 
Oh wow..that's really really really small. Yeah. Wow.

Well, I guess they can only have 40 people in the class, so maybe it's not too surprising.

Anyway, I will think good thoughts for us both. :luck::luck::luck:

You know what I wonder?? I wonder how many theyw ill put on waitlist and with full scholarships offered, how many will be taken off a waitlist.
 
You know what I wonder?? I wonder how many theyw ill put on waitlist and with full scholarships offered, how many will be taken off a waitlist.


they will probably place most of the interviewers on waitlist, but very few will come off the waitlist, but then again most of these ppl that will be accepted probably will get accepted by top schools, so they might choose a top medical school over UCF's scholarship. I guess it depends on each applicants priority.
 
unfortunately I am not one of those ppl that will be accepted to top medical schools, so i wont really have a choice, i guess ill just be happy getting accepted anywhere, let alone UCF
 
Waitlisted. Not a surprise.

Who's joining my waitlist party?

Fiko? Any news?

So how does the waitlist there work? Did they say anything? i.e. is it like USF's that is split into tiers of high tier, mid tier, and low tier?

Or is it like UF's whichi s not ranked and in which you can move up possibly with updates?

Or like Miami which doesn't take updates but which is not necessarily ranked per say?
 
So how does the waitlist there work? Did they say anything? i.e. is it like USF's that is split into tiers of high tier, mid tier, and low tier?

Or is it like UF's whichi s not ranked and in which you can move up possibly with updates?

Or like Miami which doesn't take updates but which is not necessarily ranked per say?

yes their waitlist is ranked.
 
I never got a call, i guess mabye tomorrow, they prolly pushed the rejections to tomorrow
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah ill let u guys know as soon as i get rejected lol, i still havent heard anything
 
Hmm...hang in there, man. Monday's coming up and I'm sure you'll find out at that point.

:luck::luck::luck:
 
hey guys, im new to this message board, but i got waitlisted too. Does anyone know how exactly the waitlist works? is it not until may 1st when i could then get accepted? thanks, and good luck to everyone else!!!!! :luck:
 
hey guys, im new to this message board, but i got waitlisted too. Does anyone know how exactly the waitlist works? is it not until may 1st when i could then get accepted? thanks, and good luck to everyone else!!!!! :luck:

welcome, I think they move through the waitlist (Ranked) as people that have already been accepted withdraw, im guessing that they wouldnt get to the waitlist all that much before May 1st. When did you find out that you were waitlisted?
 
^Well, we are ranked, but, actually, REL suggested that we might be considered throughout the course of the process. They will look at our app each month.

For more details you should probably contact REL directly.
 
^Well, we are ranked, but, actually, REL suggested that we might be considered throughout the course of the process. They will look at our app each month.

For more details you should probably contact REL directly.


Ohh i didnt know that, oh so if u get waitlisted from this first month of reviews, then u can get accepted the next time they review for acceptances, thats relieving to know; thanks pianola
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh, ok, great! thanks! that's what i was wondering...i was just not sure if there was a different "on hold" category that was on a higher standing than the waitlist. I found out on Thursday...like late in the afternoon, as I waited all day for the call, imagining what an acceptance phone call would sound like. Haha, i guess i'll still have to imagine!
 
anyone hear anything back over the past couple days, im still in limbo, this is a great way to practice patience lol, if it wasn't for a busy schedule i think i would have gone crazy already :scared:
 
Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews? The class size is relatively small 40 people, so I though maybe they've already accepted enough people or are really close to admitting 40 people...any ideas?
 
Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews? The class size is relatively small 40 people, so I though maybe they've already accepted enough people or are really close to admitting 40 people...any ideas?

No, I believe they accepted 4-6 people this month. It should be on the previous page.

Good luck.
 
Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews? The class size is relatively small 40 people, so I though maybe they've already accepted enough people or are really close to admitting 40 people...any ideas?

I believe they are interviewing til March and trying to interview 225 people.

They are only accepting in 3 week intervals I believe and only a handful from each 3 weeks worth of interviewees. Not sure how many are waitlisted. But that's how it works. They are def. still interviewing.
 
anyone else complete really early on and still haven't heard anything yet? I've been hoping for an interview invite, but no luck thus far... Is UCF going to keep looking at my file each month- or is this bad news?
 
I got waitlisted, guess i can relax now and just play the wait and pray game, good luck to everyone
 
bump anyone hear anything, this threads has been quite for a while. i'm guessing their next round of acceptances should be soon.
 
Last edited:
bump anyone here anything, this threads been quite for a while. i'm guessing their next round of acceptances should be soon.

Oh that's right! UCF was accepting people every 3 weeks weren't they?

For some reason I thought it was once a month.

:luck::luck::luck: guys. Let's hope for lots of waitlist movement!! 😀😀
 
omg!!!!! i just got an interview....and and i'm OOS...still can't believe it...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.