2008-2009 University of Central Florida (UCF) Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I totally agree, Fiko. I'm very pleased I was invited to interview and that I got a chance to visit. I mean, it's always good to learn about schools for the future; after all, you never know where you might end up working 20 years from now ;). That's my take on things.

Members don't see this ad.

Bumping...for tomorrow's calls.

G'luck, Fiko! Maybe I will see you in class next year ;) Anyone else waiting on UCF?

Members don't see this ad :)
Bumping...for tomorrow's calls.

G'luck, Fiko! Maybe I will see you in class next year ;) Anyone else waiting on UCF?

Thanks, g'luck to u too. Yeah that would be awesome. I got some info from their reply to my email. They will be making calls today and tomorrow. They will only be accepting around 4-6 from this first month interview group. Wow thats a small percentage.

Thanks, g'luck to u too. Yeah that would be awesome. I got some info from their reply to my email. They will be making calls today and tomorrow. They will only be accepting around 4-6 from this first month interview group. Wow thats a small percentage.

Oh wow..that's really really really small. Yeah. Wow.

Well, I guess they can only have 40 people in the class, so maybe it's not too surprising.

Anyway, I will think good thoughts for us both. :luck::luck::luck:

Oh wow..that's really really really small. Yeah. Wow.

Well, I guess they can only have 40 people in the class, so maybe it's not too surprising.

Anyway, I will think good thoughts for us both. :luck::luck::luck:

You know what I wonder?? I wonder how many theyw ill put on waitlist and with full scholarships offered, how many will be taken off a waitlist.

You know what I wonder?? I wonder how many theyw ill put on waitlist and with full scholarships offered, how many will be taken off a waitlist.

they will probably place most of the interviewers on waitlist, but very few will come off the waitlist, but then again most of these ppl that will be accepted probably will get accepted by top schools, so they might choose a top medical school over UCF's scholarship. I guess it depends on each applicants priority.

unfortunately I am not one of those ppl that will be accepted to top medical schools, so i wont really have a choice, i guess ill just be happy getting accepted anywhere, let alone UCF

Waitlisted. Not a surprise.

Who's joining my waitlist party?

Fiko? Any news?

Waitlisted. Not a surprise.

Who's joining my waitlist party?

Fiko? Any news?

So how does the waitlist there work? Did they say anything? i.e. is it like USF's that is split into tiers of high tier, mid tier, and low tier?

Or is it like UF's whichi s not ranked and in which you can move up possibly with updates?

Or like Miami which doesn't take updates but which is not necessarily ranked per say?

So how does the waitlist there work? Did they say anything? i.e. is it like USF's that is split into tiers of high tier, mid tier, and low tier?

Or is it like UF's whichi s not ranked and in which you can move up possibly with updates?

Or like Miami which doesn't take updates but which is not necessarily ranked per say?

yes their waitlist is ranked.

I never got a call, i guess mabye tomorrow, they prolly pushed the rejections to tomorrow

I never got a call, i guess mabye tomorrow, they prolly pushed the rejections to tomorrow

...or...acceptances :D

Good Luck, Fiko. I'm rooting for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks, ill be right by my phone all day tomorrow lol

I'm betting that you got an acceptance for a bunch of reasons.

So you've gotta post ASAP if/when you hear good news. :D:D

yeah ill let u guys know as soon as i get rejected lol, i still havent heard anything

Today is the day!

I never got a call today, now im getting really nervous

Wow, that's odd...did you get a phone message yesterday at all?

its very odd, especially since UCF is very on top of things, i didn't get any message yesterday

Hmm...hang in there, man. Monday's coming up and I'm sure you'll find out at that point.

:luck::luck::luck:

thank youu, i really hope so

hey guys, im new to this message board, but i got waitlisted too. Does anyone know how exactly the waitlist works? is it not until may 1st when i could then get accepted? thanks, and good luck to everyone else!!!!! :luck:

hey guys, im new to this message board, but i got waitlisted too. Does anyone know how exactly the waitlist works? is it not until may 1st when i could then get accepted? thanks, and good luck to everyone else!!!!! :luck:

welcome, I think they move through the waitlist (Ranked) as people that have already been accepted withdraw, im guessing that they wouldnt get to the waitlist all that much before May 1st. When did you find out that you were waitlisted?

^Well, we are ranked, but, actually, REL suggested that we might be considered throughout the course of the process. They will look at our app each month.

For more details you should probably contact REL directly.

^Well, we are ranked, but, actually, REL suggested that we might be considered throughout the course of the process. They will look at our app each month.

For more details you should probably contact REL directly.

Ohh i didnt know that, oh so if u get waitlisted from this first month of reviews, then u can get accepted the next time they review for acceptances, thats relieving to know; thanks pianola

Yeah, there's still hope :D.

oh, ok, great! thanks! that's what i was wondering...i was just not sure if there was a different "on hold" category that was on a higher standing than the waitlist. I found out on Thursday...like late in the afternoon, as I waited all day for the call, imagining what an acceptance phone call would sound like. Haha, i guess i'll still have to imagine!

anyone hear anything back over the past couple days, im still in limbo, this is a great way to practice patience lol, if it wasn't for a busy schedule i think i would have gone crazy already :scared:

Oi. Hang in there, Fiko.

:luck::luck::luck:

Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews? The class size is relatively small 40 people, so I though maybe they've already accepted enough people or are really close to admitting 40 people...any ideas?

Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews? The class size is relatively small 40 people, so I though maybe they've already accepted enough people or are really close to admitting 40 people...any ideas?

No, I believe they accepted 4-6 people this month. It should be on the previous page.

Good luck.

I believe they are interviewing til March and trying to interview 225 people.

They are only accepting in 3 week intervals I believe and only a handful from each 3 weeks worth of interviewees. Not sure how many are waitlisted. But that's how it works. They are def. still interviewing.

anyone else complete really early on and still haven't heard anything yet? I've been hoping for an interview invite, but no luck thus far... Is UCF going to keep looking at my file each month- or is this bad news?

I got waitlisted, guess i can relax now and just play the wait and pray game, good luck to everyone

Yay! We will wait together.

looks like we all were waitlisted :/

bump anyone hear anything, this threads has been quite for a while. i'm guessing their next round of acceptances should be soon.

Last edited:
bump anyone here anything, this threads been quite for a while. i'm guessing their next round of acceptances should be soon.

Oh that's right! UCF was accepting people every 3 weeks weren't they?

For some reason I thought it was once a month.

:luck::luck::luck: guys. Let's hope for lots of waitlist movement!! :D:D

omg!!!!! i just got an interview....and and i'm OOS...still can't believe it...

bump anyone hear anything, this threads has been quite for a while. i'm guessing their next round of acceptances should be soon.

December 10th is the next date for decisions to be released.

Oh wow, that's a long time from now.

Thanks for the update, slipstream. :thumbup:

wow thats over a month since the last acceptance release, i guess ill wait to call them then

wow thats over a month since the last acceptance release, i guess ill wait to call them then

Yeah, I wonder how many people they will be accepting on December 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.