You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Wake Forest University Secondary Application Thread
Started by ChubbyChaser
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when the next adcom meeting is? I'm guessing the 18th or something.
Yeah...and then we find out a week later
Just interviewed Monday, and LOVED it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just interviewed Monday, and LOVED it!
I fell in love too. I was so let down later, but that is an absolutely great school (in my opinion from a limited point of view).
So the adcom met yesterday... I hope they moved the waitlist a little bit.
+1 👍
I sent my grades and an update email since the last meeting. Let's see if it did any good......
any good news today?
Nope nothing... they may have not even updated statuses today.
But I'm sure the major movement of the waiting list isn't until mid/late March
waitlisted....time for a letter of interest!
Anyone know when the next adcom meeting is?
Anyone know when the next adcom meeting is?
They told us March 4th at my interview. Not sure if there's one before that.
Anybody have any idea what the job market situation is for Winston Salem? My wife will need a job when we move there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you do go for a drink I suggest Noma downtown.. New bar and grill it's pretty nice. If you're more a brewery type of person try Foothills. Good luck in your interview!
Thanks a lot! I will definitely check those places out.
So my fate is being decided tomorrow.
How long has it generally taken following the committee meeting at which you were discussed? They told us ~1 week.
I was thinking of calling maybe on the 5th to see if they would just tell me how I fared.
How long has it generally taken following the committee meeting at which you were discussed? They told us ~1 week.
I was thinking of calling maybe on the 5th to see if they would just tell me how I fared.
So my fate is being decided tomorrow.
How long has it generally taken following the committee meeting at which you were discussed? They told us ~1 week.
I was thinking of calling maybe on the 5th to see if they would just tell me how I fared.
They have usually posted status updates on the Friday's after the meeting. I don't think it does any good calling, because they won't tell you anything over the phone about a decision...
anyone get in off the waitlist?
Anybody have any idea what the job market situation is for Winston Salem? My wife will need a job when we move there.
My fiancee is also looking for a job in the W-S area. Tell your wife to check out the website: http://www.indeed.com/
what's the deal today kids? Any news?
Come on wake; lets MOVE that waitlist
If they do it.. I think they'll do it around 3 or 4 this afternoon (change statuses)
waitlisted...ugh
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know of only one rejection post interview. They interview such a small % that I don't imagine they reject too many (aka everyone they interview is qualified for admission, so they simply waitlist a whole bunch of people and fill the class with an already great selection via the interview selection).
Guys, I was accepted off the waitlist several weeks ago, so what they tell you about it being a rolling waitlist is at least partially true. My impression is that they, unlike most schools, never have more acceptances out than spots, and only accept new people once they have open spots (this may not be entirely accurate, but the point is they don't accept a high proportion of people right away). So a waitlist is not at all necessarily a bad result from an interview. Obviously, an acceptance is much better, but I don't think anyone should interpret a waitlist as a "they don't like me" or "I have no chance" kind of situation.
Guys, I was accepted off the waitlist several weeks ago, so what they tell you about it being a rolling waitlist is at least partially true. My impression is that they, unlike most schools, never have more acceptances out than spots, and only accept new people once they have open spots (this may not be entirely accurate, but the point is they don't accept a high proportion of people right away). So a waitlist is not at all necessarily a bad result from an interview. Obviously, an acceptance is much better, but I don't think anyone should interpret a waitlist as a "they don't like me" or "I have no chance" kind of situation.
LOI time, I suppose. Whether I=intent/interest is up for debate. $$$>>UAB
Guys, I was accepted off the waitlist several weeks ago, so what they tell you about it being a rolling waitlist is at least partially true. My impression is that they, unlike most schools, never have more acceptances out than spots, and only accept new people once they have open spots (this may not be entirely accurate, but the point is they don't accept a high proportion of people right away). So a waitlist is not at all necessarily a bad result from an interview. Obviously, an acceptance is much better, but I don't think anyone should interpret a waitlist as a "they don't like me" or "I have no chance" kind of situation.
i called and always they tell me there has been no waitlist movement 🙁. what's the deal bearferret!
When I interviewed at Wake I specifically asked an adcom member if they over accept. The adcom member assured me that they only accept 120 students at a time and do not over accept. This is why there is such a large number of students that get accepted off of the waitlist at WFUSM compared to other school's waitlists.
When I interviewed at Wake I specifically asked an adcom member if they over accept. The adcom member assured me that they only accept 120 students at a time and do not over accept. This is why there is such a large number of students that get accepted off of the waitlist at WFUSM compared to other school's waitlists.
hopefully there'll be some waitlist movement once the non-rolling schools send out their decisions in a couple of weeks
hopefully there'll be some waitlist movement once the non-rolling schools send out their decisions in a couple of weeks
I hope so.
I was reading my waitlist letter. Does it mean that we have to send a letter to indicate our interest? Or just "particular interest?" Whatever that means.
I hope so.
I was reading my waitlist letter. Does it mean that we have to send a letter to indicate our interest? Or just "particular interest?" Whatever that means.
I called when I was WLed and was told to email/write a letter accepting your WL position.
I called when I was WLed and was told to email/write a letter accepting your WL position.
Thanks! I went ahead and sent an email just for the sake of expedience.
Does anyone know when the next committee meeting is?
Hey man...the admissions director I talked to the other day said waitlists really dont start moving significanly till late april.i called and always they tell me there has been no waitlist movement 🙁. what's the deal bearferret!
Hey man...the admissions director I talked to the other day said waitlists really dont start moving significanly till late april.
I agree... I called also and the secretary told me that most of the movement on the waitlist is in April and May...
that would make me quite happy
*500th*
*500th*
+1 on the alternate list this morning.
was anyone accepted today?
was anyone accepted today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone called and asked about where they stand on the waitlist? I'm assuming that it is ranked? Or is it unranked? I can't remember... I looked all over their website and couldn't find anything about it.
its unranked in past years...
Since Wake's orientation week is the last week of July, do they require all accepted applicants to notify them of their decision by April 15th?
That is in the applicant guide for AAMC (http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/applicants.htm)
By May 15 of the matriculation year (April 15 for schools whose first day of class is on or before July 30), each applicant who has received an offer of acceptance from more than one school choose the specific school at which the applicant prefers to enroll and withdraw his or her application, by written correspondence delivered by regular or electronic methods, from all other schools from which acceptance offers have been received.
That is in the applicant guide for AAMC (http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/applicants.htm)
Since Wake's orientation week is the last week of July, do they require all accepted applicants to notify them of their decision by April 15th?
That is in the applicant guide for AAMC (http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/applicants.htm)
I didn't know that! Thanks for the info!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
