2022-2023 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
II this morning as well! Complete 7/1. Stats in signature.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview in a couple weeks for Wake Forest. Does anyone who has already gone through the interview have any tips? What were the questions asked? This would be my first interview for this cycle so I'm not confident with the MMI format.

I have an interview in a couple weeks for Wake Forest. Does anyone who has already gone through the interview have any tips? What were the questions asked? This would be my first interview for this cycle so I'm not confident with the MMI format.
Mostly ethical/scenario type questions with a couple of general questions about yourself. You need to practice recording a couple times as it is different than interviewing with a live person. Good Luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Expect some situational questions (try practicing MMI questions you find online). Also expect "regular" questions too. Use a quick google search of med school interview questions to practice those. And as always, know your app and know how your experiences/stories can be used in different scenarios. I know how it feels to wonder how this is gonna work, so without revealing too much I hope this helps a little bit.

It was forsure a little awkward, especially since I never do anything recording myself. Sometimes you get caught up looking at your own face lol. Definitely practice recording yourself beforehand. But on a plus side, remember that more graders will look at your responses so it will be more fair. And remember that it is probably awkward for the majority of us, so they've seen it all already. The Dean, faculty, and students were super nice and welcoming during the virtual session, so don't worry about that- it was enjoyable.

Just got the waitlist email (12/9 info sesh and OOS). Not too shabby, as I didn’t feel too hot about my virtual assessment and don’t have special ties to WF.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II a few hours ago! OOS completed secondary mid-August

Reactions: 3 users
mcat of 502 with interview, strong ecs, strong gpa and is. have ii coming up and complete in august. any hope of getting in?

mcat of 502 with interview, strong ecs, strong gpa and is. have ii coming up and complete in august. any hope of getting in?
100% yes! They would not waste resources to interview someone who they do not think would get in. Put your best foot forward and prepare well :), you got this

100% yes! They would not waste resources to interview someone who they do not think would get in. Put your best foot forward and prepare well :), you got this
Thank you so much. I needed that boost and support. You are wonderful :) best of luck to you!!

• Care
Hi, does anyone know if theyre basically done scheduling iis or when historically they've stopped sending? haven't stalked past years. good luck to all!

Hi, does anyone know if theyre basically done scheduling iis or when historically they've stopped sending? haven't stalked past years. good luck to all!
last year, i got an ii mid-feb, last information session was like feb 23rd-ish, so there is more time, most likely!

Reactions: 2 users
I know Wake Forest sends out financial aid announcements in mid April and pulls off the waitlist after that. For those of us on the waitlist, is there any chance of us getting scholarships/financial aid from this school?

Yall, it's HAPPENING!!! Just got accepted from the waitlist. Feeling so incredibly lucky. Best of luck to everyone still waiting:love:!!!

(stats: MCAT 512, GPA 3.9, OOS, ORM, information session 9/12, update letter sent 12/1)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
Yall, it's HAPPENING!!! Just got accepted from the waitlist. Feeling so incredibly lucky. Best of luck to everyone still waiting:love:!!!

(stats: MCAT 512, GPA 3.9, OOS, ORM, information session 9/12, update letter sent 12/1)
Oh wow, I didn't know they pulled off the waitlist so early. Congrats future doc!!

Got waitlisted last week and accepted on Friday! What a rollercoaster of emotions 🥲

Reactions: 8 users

did you send a letter of interest or just an update letter?

Please don't spread misinformation, the dean welcomed updates during my info session and I submitted a few and got an invite. Per the site:
"You can submit updates through your applicant portal to be placed in your file, but we cannot guarantee that it will be reviewed by the Committee on Admissions."
where to do you submit it on the portal?

Has anyone heard anything that was in the 01/23 virtual information session?

Was at the 1/23 session. Still haven’t heard anything back. I’m guessing we will hear something sometime this week? They said we would hopefully hear back by mid February.