2022-2023 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay multiple answers make me feel better! Might mean it's not finalized yet.
I am low income and my FA award shows (some) scholarship. You all's might be updated now

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Update: if you didn't finish the CSS Profile by March 15th you're out of luck, scholarships are not being processed anymore. Kicking myself because I tracked down my high school CollegeBoard account, filled out most of it, and just completely forgot about it...don't make my mistake folks next year.

On the plus side for everyone, no financial aid means I'm withdrawing my acceptance!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Update: if you didn't finish the CSS Profile by March 15th you're out of luck, scholarships are not being processed anymore. Kicking myself because I tracked down my high school CollegeBoard account, filled out most of it, and just completely forgot about it...don't make my mistake folks next year.

On the plus side for everyone, no financial aid means I'm withdrawing my acceptance!
this happened to me! good luck to you. Hope you end up at somewhere you like just as much or even more!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Alternative list today. If we get of the waitlist is there still a chance for scholarships?

Alternative list today. If we get of the waitlist is there still a chance for scholarships?
I believe if you completed the CSS profile you should be eligible but not certain. You were just notified about the waitlist today? When did you interview

I believe if you completed the CSS profile you should be eligible but not certain. You were just notified about the waitlist today? When did you interview
Ignore my above reply. I meant to post that in a different thread, but I was waitlisted at Wake too. However, in early March.

Does anyone know who to email to withdraw acceptance? Is it just the admissions email?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys is it too late to fill out fafsa and CSS not just for scholarships but specifically loans as well? And are class exams NBME? Thanks so much!

Hey guys is it too late to fill out fafsa and CSS not just for scholarships but specifically loans as well? And are class exams NBME? Thanks so much!
It’s too late for CSS for scholarships and maybe too late for FAFSA as both were due March 15 for WF. But email the financial aid department just in case, because they do try and work with you as much as possible! At second look, a current student told me exams are a mix of in-house and NBME but don't quote me on that.

It’s too late for CSS for scholarships and maybe too late for FAFSA as both were due March 15 for WF. But email the financial aid department just in case, because they do try and work with you as much as possible! At second look, a current student told me exams are a mix of in-house and NBME but don't quote me on that.
Thank you! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm wondering if this year is a bit different than previous years in terms of waitlist spots and movement. Last year there was waitlist movements in March and April (according to last years thread) and then less after April 30th. This year, I don't think there was any movement between March-April. Does anyone know what to expect this year?

I'm wondering if this year is a bit different than previous years in terms of waitlist spots and movement. Last year there was waitlist movements in March and April (according to last years thread) and then less after April 30th. This year, I don't think there was any movement between March-April. Does anyone know what to expect this year?
I emailed WF late March and they basically said that waitlist movement can happen anytime between March and orientation. I have yet to see any movement though

Has Wake Forest filled all their spots for this cycle? The accepted student's Facebook group is at 151 people as of today, and Wake's class size is 145 students. I don't understand how Wake's Facebook group can be at 151 if they haven't already filled up their spots, especially considering that everyone should've narrowed their choices down to one school yesterday, and the fact that there's been no waitlist movement since February (according to this thread). I definitely wouldn't take anything I say to heart though! I'm definitely just being paranoid lol.

Does anyone know when orientation ands everything starts here? Can't seem to find that info anywhere

Just got the A by email about 30 minutes ago! Interviewed back in October and waitlisted in November. Anyone know how we go about checking financial aid and all that business? Didn't get to my CSS in time so might have to withdraw my offer anyway :confused:

Not sure if this is the case for you, but if it is your only acceptance, you can try to call them to see if you can defer a year instead of starting all over. I wanted to throw this out there on this thread in case anyone else falls into this category.

Not sure if this is the case for you, but if it is your only acceptance, you can try to call them to see if you can defer a year instead of starting all over. I wanted to throw this out there on this thread in case anyone else falls into this category.
I appreciate the suggestion! Thankfully not my only acceptance, I would rather Wake than the other but I'm grateful no matter where I end up

I certainly hope not... in the past it looks like WL movement has happened throughout the whole month of May. At this point all we can do is stay positive/optimistic. It's not over til it's over!

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like yesterday was the day for offers. Guess the holding pattern continues.

I emailed their admissions office and they said waitlist movement would still continue up to matriculation like in the previous years. It makes sense given how few people seemed to get an offer by now but it was still making me nervous. 💀

Reactions: 3 users
I don't know man, fb group bumped from 150 to 156 today.
It’s at 163 now, and 13 people were added in the last week. I think last week was the last big wave for waitlist movement. From now till classes start it will most likely just be 1 or 2 acceptances here and there to fill in all the spots.

It’s at 163 now, and 13 people were added in the last week. I think last week was the last big wave for waitlist movement. From now till classes start it will most likely just be 1 or 2 acceptances here and there to fill in all the spots.
Not saying this wasn’t the last big wave but the group me is only at 88 so keep that in mind. I️ would imagine many people have PTE at Wake while waiting on WL movement from other schools. Also there’s like at least 15-20 current Wake students in the FB who have been on there to give advice and just chat with us. Basically, don’t give up hope because of the social media numbers but also prepare for reapplication if you haven’t heard anything yet from any schools. You guys are all smart and capable and will make great doctors <3

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how many people are on Wake's waitlist in general? MSAR data from last year says 492 people were interviewed for 145 spots--should we assume they basically waitlist everyone they don't accept post-interview?

Does anyone know how many people are on Wake's waitlist in general? MSAR data from last year says 492 people were interviewed for 145 spots--should we assume they basically waitlist everyone they don't accept post-interview?
I don’t know how many people are on the waitlist, but not everyone got waitlisted post-interview. A couple people in this thread did get post-II Rs, and I’m sure more people did as well, but very understandably chose not to share on this forum. I’m not sure how accurate it is, but according to this spreadsheet, Wake’s post-II acceptance rate is 55% for OOS, and 80% for IS, and the numbers are similar to previous years as well. Based off those numbers Wake definitely seems like they do an amazing job of selecting who gets an interview here and avoiding interviewing unnecessarily large amounts of students, so I highly doubt there are massive amounts of us on the waitlist. I think all we can do is wait, although I’d definitely start prepping to re-apply or make other arrangements if needed.
Side note: the Facebook group is at 166 in case anyone is wondering.

Accepted off WL today! Got the email around 4:30pm, WL on 12/1, interviewed in Nov. Wanting to share because I've been following this thread for updates closely-sometimes making me feel better but mostly worse. For those of you who haven't heard yet, please keep your heads high and shoulders back. Today I was busy and didn't even have a chance to check sdn much, the email could come when you're least expecting it!! You are all wonderful, deserving humans who will make great doctors and I hope others have heard/hear soon!

Reactions: 4 users
Also accepted off WL yesterday! Does anyone know where orientation starts? I am having trouble finding the exact date

Can somebody please give us an idea of how the number of people at the group me’s been moving? Is it still at ~100?

No has reported WL movement yesterday and it seems like the Facebook group number went up

114 members in the GroupMe as of now.

Is it safe to assume there is no more waitlist movement since there has been no updates from these past two Wednesdays? 😔

Is it safe to assume there is no more waitlist movement since there has been no updates from these past two Wednesdays? 😔
Was wondering the same thing :/ Hopefully not, but was really hoping to hear something yesterday

• Sad
I had a friend in my class who didn’t get off the waitlist until the end of June. You never know, don’t give up!

• Care
Is Wake's CTE deadline this Friday? If we don't hear anything around then is it likely there won't be any more WL movement?

Is Wake's CTE deadline this Friday? If we don't hear anything around then is it likely there won't be any more WL movement?
I messaged the admissions office a while back and while the CTE deadline is the 16th, they said they could potentially have waitlist movement up to orientation. Better to just reapply just to be safe though!

Edit: Sorry, I meant up to matriculation.

"We normally have waitlist movement up until June 16, however, it is also possible to have waitlist movement after that date. The waitlist will not close until after matriculation."

Is any current student or one that got in able to answer a few questions? The website for them is rather generic and I want a little bit more insight about how important clinical/translational research is to them since it's rather important to me! Thank you!

Is any current student or one that got in able to answer a few questions? The website for them is rather generic and I want a little bit more insight about how important clinical/translational research is to them since it's rather important to me! Thank you!
With the opening of the Charlotte campus and Atrium merger, there’s been a big push to increase research opportunities for students throughout the medical system. Wake also has a research program over the summer between first and second year that many students participate in where you select a mentor and propose a project. So you can pretty much do what you want with that. They also have a MD/PhD program but I’m not sure if you can transfer into that or not.
I just graduated and among my classmates there was pretty much any and every type of research project you could think of. If you have a super niche interest that might be more difficult but failing that you can do almost anything.

I messaged the admissions office a while back and while the CTE deadline is the 16th, they said they could potentially have waitlist movement up to orientation. Better to just reapply just to be safe though!

Edit: Sorry, I meant up to matriculation.

"We normally have waitlist movement up until June 16, however, it is also possible to have waitlist movement after that date. The waitlist will not close until after matriculation."
And do you know when that matriculation is? I didn't think the two dates were different.