-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Wake Forest
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
pulsatilepony
Full Member
OOS WL, will be withdrawing. Best of luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chillstill
Full Member
+1 OOS A
MDhopefullymaybepls?
MD Accepted
They send an email 1 - 2 weeks after acceptance with a link to the Facebook group. There is a link to the groupme posted there.Is there an accepted students GroupMe, Discord, or Facebook group???
DjFreshLettuce
Full Member
You should PM me if you call tomorrow, I’m in a similar situation wondering the same!Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances from the WL will go out?? Has anyone called the school bc if not, I'll do that tmr!
everysecondcounts
New Member
Please share what they say here!Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances from the WL will go out?? Has anyone called the school bc if not, I'll do that tmr!
!!!Please share what they say here!
zestyzesty
Full Member
does anyone have tips for preparing for the KIRA talent interview
As someone who went to WFUSM, I would not recommend applying to/attending this school if you have a disability and need clinical accommodations. By this, I mean things like an altered schedule during clinical rotations, due to a documented medical condition. I learned a lot but would have liked support from the administration.2025-2026 Wake Forest Secondary Essay Prompts (Question #1 has changed from last year's)
1. The mission of our academic health system is to improve health for all. Consider your abilities, insights, and previous experiences and then tell us about your potential to help improve health for all. (200 words)
2. Describe a non-academic challenge you have faced and explain how you overcame it. (200 words)
3. From your list of "most meaningful experiences" on the AMCAS application, choose one that has been the most formative in terms of your desire for a career in medicine. Why did that experience have such meaning for you in your decision-making process? (200 words)
4. Please share an experience that demonstrates how you have collaborated with others. (200 words)
5. Describe your future goal(s). Reflect on your past experiences and describe how these experiences will shape your goal(s). (200 words)
6. Tell us about any specific reason(s) (personal, educational, etc.) why you see yourself here at the Wake Forest University School of Medicine. (150 words)
7. Please tell us an interesting fact about yourself that a casual acquaintance may find surprising or interesting. (50 words)
Good luck to all applying!
Interview Feedback:
![]()
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center School of Medicine Admissions, Tuition & Student Feedback | SDN
Admissions data, tuition, degrees, location, interview feedback, essay prompts, and SDN forum links for WFUSM on SDN Schools Database.www.studentdoctor.net
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
coobloobin
Full Member
Anyone have any info on if Wake is done giving IIs? I have heard they give some late, but I figured they're almost done.
prouddecision
Full Member
Both SDN and Admit suggest there weren't any sent after 1/9 last year. They also reject en masse in FebAnyone have any info on if Wake is done giving IIs? I have heard they give some late, but I figured they're almost done.
Is it safe to assume that no news at this point = a silent rejection?
prouddecision
Full Member
YesIs it safe to assume that no news at this point = a silent rejection?
doctor_raptor
Full Member
No news as in no II or interview?Is it safe to assume that no news at this point = a silent rejection?
JBH51
Full Member
Nope. Have you heard about when the next WL movement will be. I called WF earlier but they didnt give me a timeline....Has anyone had any WL movement the last week?
imstxrstruck
Full Member
GroupMe is currently at 120. To my understanding, the class size will be ~150 for Winston-Salem and ~45 for Charlotte, so a total of 200If anyone's been accepted to WFUSM and is a part of the Accepted students GroupMe, can you share how many people are currently in the GroupMe?? Also does anyone know if the class size for WFUSM this year is 145 or 205??
Have pencil and paper with you for writing during the preparation time before you record your responses. And be yourself! Show your personality in your videos and also incorporate some of your experiences into your responses if applicable. Also, don't feel the need to have a full 5 minute response for every video, if your answer doesn't require it. You don't want to ramble unnecessarily. Just say what you want to say and end the video.does anyone have tips for preparing for the KIRA talent interview
doctor_raptor
Full Member
How many of you on here have gotten off the waitlist? Trying to get a rough estimate of my chances
Do you know if being an early waitlister vs a later waitlister affects chances?How many of you on here have gotten off the waitlist? Trying to get a rough estimate of my chances
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didHow many of you on here have gotten off the waitlist? Trying to get a rough estimate of my chances
JBH51
Full Member
Did you just get off the wailtist??I did
It was in mid decemberDid you just get off the wailtist??
doctor_raptor
Full Member
Hopefully early for my sake but not sureDo you know if being an early waitlister vs a later waitlister affects chances?
TrendyKibbles
New Member
+1 OOS A Interviewed 1/22
zestyzesty
Full Member
A
anonymous2025
Full Member
Hi everyone! Hope yalls cycles have been going well! I’m just wondering if anyone knows historically how late Wake Forest sends IIs until like is it pretty much over for this cycle?
DjFreshLettuce
Full Member
I think they are done. Check admit.org just to be sure, but I think that it would be likely that at the very least II are slowing heavily at this point.Hi everyone! Hope yalls cycles have been going well! I’m just wondering if anyone knows historically how late Wake Forest sends IIs until like is it pretty much over for this cycle?
zestyzesty
Full Member
any accepted student groups?
anonymous2025
Full Member
Ya that’s what I’m thinking! Admit.org I know isn’t that representative because many people don’t report but regardless I think they’re one of the schools that rounds out pretty earlyI think they are done. Check admit.org just to be sure, but I think that it would be likely that at the very least II are slowing heavily at this point.
Crankierboot329
Full Member
Does anyone know when the next round of decisions will be made/next possible chance for waitlist movement?
DjFreshLettuce
Full Member
No movement on any of the platforms for wake. I would assume April is the same bet for movement. I’d be shocked about things before this. However I’d love to be wrong.Does anyone know when the next round of decisions will be made/next possible chance for waitlist movement?
wannabemd3
New Member
When I interviewed, my student ambassador mentioned that everyone who interviews will either be accepted or waitlisted. Which to me means there's potentially ~300 of us on the WL?? No idea how true this is, though!Does anyone know if Wake's waitlist is ranked or unranked and generally how much of the 500 interviewees end up on it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctor_raptor
Full Member
God I hope not 300😭When I interviewed, my student ambassador mentioned that everyone who interviews will either be accepted or waitlisted. Which to me means there's potentially ~300 of us on the WL?? No idea how true this is, though!
bluemushroom03
Full Member
+1 OOS Pre-II R
I think lots of Rs going out per admit.org
I think lots of Rs going out per admit.org
shinymagikarp
Full Member
+1 IS Pre-II R
wrongladder
Full Member
+ 1 OOS pre II R 🙂
+1 OOS pre-II R. App complete 8/7
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K