You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Wake Forest
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
medschoolaspirant2023
Full Member
I guess 2 weeks so by end of February or 1st week of March.When should I expect to hear back after interviewing? I completed my interview last week, and I am attending the virtual session 2/15.
Thanks and good luck to everyone [emoji2]
FutureMDCol
Full Member
yep! slowly letting my hopes dieanyone been on silence since june/july the whole time? I thought it was rolling admissions xD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same. But haven't there been a couple of R-waves? How/why were we spared?!yep! slowly letting my hopes die
2024 or 5 ?
Full Member
Not the only one. Hopes and dreams are on the edge of a cliff.yep! slowly letting my hopes die
aspiring_doc1
New Member
Has anyone from the late January interview dates heard back yet? I thought they said they would let us know at the beginning of February
sillyskyline101
New Member
yea i was mid Jan and caught a waitlist this morning. sucks but it is what it is
med-student-2023
Full Member
I'm sorry. Don't get discouraged though-there's still a really good chance you will get off the waitlist! What virtual session date were you?yea i was mid Jan and caught a waitlist this morning. sucks but it is what it is
I was early February interview and read the waitlist email this morning. I know it's not the end of the world but 🙁yea i was mid Jan and caught a waitlist this morning. sucks but it is what it is
sillyskyline101
New Member
thank you, fingers crossed. the waiting game is brutal. Virtual session was Jan 18thI'm sorry. Don't get discouraged though-there's still a really good chance you will get off the waitlist! What virtual session date were you?
moonlight365
Full Member
yea i was mid Jan and caught a waitlist this morning. sucks but it is what it is
Same
icedsoylatte
Full Member
I am sorry to hear that.I was early February interview and read the waitlist email this morning. I know it's not the end of the world but 🙁
Do you mind sharing your virtual session date?
My virtual session was on February 2nd.I am sorry to hear that.
Do you mind sharing your virtual session date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopingforthebest1
Full Member
Got my 6th acceptance from Wake today! Super grateful!
medschoolaspirant2023
Full Member
Congratulations! Both of you who got the A today was it off the WL or direct A?Got my 6th acceptance from Wake today! Super grateful!
Congratulations! Both of you who got the A today was it off the WL or direct A?
Direct A, my virtual session was on 1/23
hopingforthebest1
Full Member
Direct acceptance as well! Interviewed mid Jan.Congratulations! Both of you who got the A today was it off the WL or direct A?
2024 or 5 ?
Full Member
Six!!! Mind giving your stats?Got my 6th acceptance from Wake today! Super grateful!
hopingforthebest1
Full Member
3.79/4 science, 3.84/4 cGPA, 513 MCAT in 2022 (502 in 2019). Please keep in mind that my stats do not necessarily tell my full story. Best of luck to everyone!Six!!! Mind giving your stats?
2024 or 5 ?
Full Member
Well you will be opening up five waitlist positions for us in waitlist purgatory. You are in such a good position.3.79/4 science, 3.84/4 cGPA, 513 MCAT in 2022 (502 in 2019). Please keep in mind that my stats do not necessarily tell my full story. Best of luck to everyone!
MadCatMkII
Full Member
Has anyone gotten an email yet about the second look itinerary, they said they would email it out two days ago, and I haven't received it yet
MadCatMkII
Full Member
Literally got the email 5 minutes later lolHas anyone gotten an email yet about the second look itinerary, they said they would email it out two days ago, and I haven't received it yet
1970238
New Member
What exactly is second look?Has anyone gotten an email yet about the second look itinerary, they said they would email it out two days ago, and I haven't received it yet
Generally you go, take tours, learn about the school and what it has to offer in a deeper sense, meet current students. See if it's a right fit for you essentially 🙂What exactly is second look?
1970238
New Member
Makes sense! How would you have been put in the email list for something like that?Generally you go, take tours, learn about the school and what it has to offer in a deeper sense, meet current students. See if it's a right fit for you essentially 🙂
if you were accepted they sent out email giving instructions on how to RSVPMakes sense! How would you have been put in the email list for something like that?
No I don’t believe so. At my info session on Feb 15th the dean keep talking about how this was the last one of the cycleis wake still interviewing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There currently isn't a GroupMe. I asked about it and was told that they think they will be making a GroupMe "closer to the end of the admissions process."Is there a GroupMe for accepted Wake students? I don’t have Facebook and want to know if I need to make one.
luhsagnuh
Full Member
I saw you on the Howard thread withdrawing from there too. How many have you withdrawn so far? Just curious, and thank you for the charity work lolWithdrew my acceptance here, best of luck to everyone in the running!! <3
just 4 atm!I saw you on the Howard thread withdrawing from there too. How many have you withdrawn so far? Just curious, and thank you for the charity work lol
That would be safe to assume as Feb 15th was the last info session they were doing according to the dean of admissionsI'm guessing if we haven't received an II at this point we can just consider it a soft rejection?
I submitted my secondary on 7/30 and I still haven't heard back. But if the last interview dates were mid February, then it looks like I have an R from Wake Forest.anyone been on silence since june/july the whole time? I thought it was rolling admissions xD
itsdablaze
Full Member
WL email earlier today. Attended the 2/7 virtual session
macaylaharieno
New Member
A today! 2/7 session
Accepted off the waitlist today!!! (there is hope!!!!) Interviewed in November, was placed on the waitlist 12/1. Good luck to those of you still waiting! Also, if anyone could reply back or message me about the dates for the second look weekend, would love to have those on the calendar but obviously haven't gotten the email about it yet.
Same here!!Accepted! 2/09 session
docs321
Full Member
CONGRATS!!!!!!! Did you submit a letter of interest or anything like that?Accepted off the waitlist today!!! (there is hope!!!!) Interviewed in November, was placed on the waitlist 12/1. Good luck to those of you still waiting! Also, if anyone could reply back or message me about the dates for the second look weekend, would love to have those on the calendar but obviously haven't gotten the email about it yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much! I did. Submitted both a letter of interest back when I was first placed on the waitlist and eventually sent in a letter of intent as I was sure I would attend WF if admitted.CONGRATS!!!!!!! Did you submit a letter of interest or anything like that?
I think submitting the secondary as late as November was likely the major factor in that R.Received pre-ii R yesterday 2/27. Secondary was completed 11/31 (applied quite late lol), OOS, LM 76. Definitely a bummer bc I was very interested in WF, and not quite sure why I got the pre-ii R, but best of luck to everyone else!!
+1Received pre-ii R yesterday 2/27. Secondary was completed 11/31 (applied quite late lol), OOS, LM 76. Definitely a bummer bc I was very interested in WF, and not quite sure why I got the pre-ii R, but best of luck to everyone else!!
Photographer MD
Full Member
Did you get an email or are you just assuming since others said there were no more info sessions?Received pre-ii R yesterday 2/27. Secondary was completed 11/31 (applied quite late lol), OOS, LM 76. Definitely a bummer bc I was very interested in WF, and not quite sure why I got the pre-ii R, but best of luck to everyone else!!
futuremd1927
Full Member
Applied in August and still haven’t heard anything lol. Rejection squad who’s with me 🙂