You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Wake Forest
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thedoomed12
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Crankierboot329
Full Member
I'd say after an interview if you've been waitlisted just to show that you're still interested!When should we be looking to submit the letters of interest for Wake Forest?
Crankierboot329
Full Member
Is 10AM referring to when you have your virtual session or do you mean a literal due date? If so, where did you see this due date?I may be being neurotic but would it look bad in any way if I completed the virtual assessment at 7 or 8 am tomorrow morning. It says it needs to be completed by 10 AM tomorrow but I haven't had time to prep yet and was hoping to do so today and complete it tomorrow.
Crankierboot329
Full Member
Gotcha. I think you're good to do it at the time you said!I got an email this morning that said "Our records show that you have not completed your virtual assessment. As stated in your initial interview correspondence, you must complete your virtual assessment before attending your virtual session. Please complete it by tomorrow at 10:00am Eastern." The virtual session starts at 2:30 pm so its due date i guess
I don't remember them sharing even an estimated date during our session, I assumed it would be near the end of Nov.For people that interviewed 10/28, did they say we should hear back next week?
D
deleted1139817
Wake Forest has been largely out of my radar since I am OOS. But in the past few weeks, my family has started considering moving to NC from TX for job reasons. Wake Forest also has a strong focus on my research field and I have talked to some of their faculty recently when they visited TX for presentations. While I am happy with how my cycle is going, I am debating submitting a secondary to Wake Forest. Any thoughts? Don't want my money to be a donation
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Fella, I could be completely in the wrong, but it feels a little late in the cycle, yk? But what are everyone else's thoughts?Wake Forest has been largely out of my radar since I am OOS. But in the past few weeks, my family has started considering moving to NC from TX for job reasons. Wake Forest also has a strong focus on my research field and I have talked to some of their faculty recently when they visited TX for presentations. While I am happy with how my cycle is going, I am debating submitting a secondary to Wake Forest. Any thoughts? Don't want my money to be a donation
Thedoomed12
Full Member
I think people say shoot ur shot.Wake Forest has been largely out of my radar since I am OOS. But in the past few weeks, my family has started considering moving to NC from TX for job reasons. Wake Forest also has a strong focus on my research field and I have talked to some of their faculty recently when they visited TX for presentations. While I am happy with how my cycle is going, I am debating submitting a secondary to Wake Forest. Any thoughts? Don't want my money to be a donation
However, WFSOM uses rolling admissions, and your chances of getting an II are way down. It may be a donation at this point, no matter what ur fit is to this school. Plus, it's really late in the cycle to even submit a secondary
pulsatilepony
Full Member
OOS II! Very pleasantly surprised
PaulAtreides2122
Full Member
OOS II
OOS II! Very pleasantly surprised
Congrats to both of you!! Hoping for the same soon. When did each of you submit?OOS II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PaulAtreides2122
Full Member
June 30thCongrats to both of you!! Hoping for the same soon. When did each of you submit?
pulsatilepony
Full Member
Complete 7/22Congrats to both of you!! Hoping for the same soon. When did each of you submit?
EdisonEinstein-
Full Member
I did mine fairly late (the night before the virtual session), and I got an email saying I needed it to be done by 10am the day of the virtual session. I would definitely not advise to complete it the same day as glitches can happen and it wouldn’t look good to attend virtual session without Kira completed. Why wait until the day of?Does anyone know if I can submit Kira the same day as the virtual session, as long as it is submitted prior to it? I don't think the email specifies how early to submit Kira?
anklelocktheworld
Full Member
Yeah I literally did it 8 AM morning of. If the deadline's 10 AM, its 10 AM no need to overthink lol.Does anyone know if I can submit Kira the same day as the virtual session, as long as it is submitted prior to it? I don't think the email specifies how early to submit Kira?
+1 OOS II 11/24
+1 OOS II 11/24
+1 OOS II!
Hello and congrats to you all!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit?+1 OOS II (11/24)!
I submitted on 8/13 and I'm trying to gauge where they're at to crash out appropriately
Hi, I submitted 9/29 (late MCAT) but wasn’t technically complete until they received my CASPER on 10/11.Hello and congrats to you all!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit?
I submitted on 8/13 and I'm trying to gauge where they're at to crash out appropriately
conradfisher
Full Member
Has anyone had success with update/interest letters? If so when did you upload them? Thanks in advance!
I submitted 8/11, so I wouldn't crash out just yet!Hello and congrats to you all!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit?
I submitted on 8/13 and I'm trying to gauge where they're at to crash out appropriately
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted 7/17. Waitlisted last year. Starting to lose hope in this cycle for Wake
EdisonEinstein-
Full Member
Waitlisted late October. Submitted letter of interest last night. What do you mean by “had success”? Like waitlist movement?Has anyone had success with update/interest letters? If so when did you upload them? Thanks in advance!
conradfisher
Full Member
Getting an II after sending an update letter is what I meant!Waitlisted late October. Submitted letter of interest last night. What do you mean by “had success”? Like waitlist movement?
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Howdy! I submitted to Wake Forest on 07/03 and was complete 07/03.Hello and congrats to you all!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit?
I submitted on 8/13 and I'm trying to gauge where they're at to crash out appropriately
Do you guys recommend sending a letter of interest after a WL right away, or waiting until later in the cycle to demonstrate continued interest? Also, for the content of the letter, should it be strictly about why you want to go to Wake, or should it also include general updates for your app? I just want to give myself the best chances at this point.
PaulAtreides2122
Full Member
Just withdrew my II invite,
Hopefully it goes to one of you
Hopefully it goes to one of you
shinymagikarp
Full Member
Lisan al-Gaib!Just withdrew my II invite,
Hopefully it goes to one of you
MDhopefullymaybepls?
MD Accepted
Hi everyone! For those that received post II decisions such as an A, how were you notified? Was it a phone call or email?
Cosecant1234
Full Member
Does anyone have any general tips/info for the team interview session? Thanks!
MDhopefullymaybepls?
MD Accepted
Can't give too much info, but it is pretty chill. Just be a team player and contribute if you have something meaningful to say or if you agree with someone's point. With any group interview thing, don't be that guy that goes overboard trying to standout (talking just to talk, making weird out of nowhere remarks). But do be yourself, I even cracked a couple jokes in mine.Does anyone have any general tips/info for the team interview session? Thanks!
Ex. of overboard standing out: I had an applicant in one group interview (not Wake) start it off by saying how we should all be proud that we made it this far and that we are all going to be doctors one day. He then went on to reiterate what others said without adding anything. He also raised his hand at one point, breaking our natural group conversation (we were just speaking out not raising hands) just to say someone had a good point. It all came across as very pretentious and like he was kissing up... really hope he didnt get in.
Cosecant1234
Full Member
Appreciate the advice!Can't give too much info, but it is pretty chill. Just be a team player and contribute if you have something meaningful to say or if you agree with someone's point. With any group interview thing, don't be that guy that goes overboard trying to standout (talking just to talk, making weird out of nowhere remarks). But do be yourself, I even cracked a couple jokes in mine.
Ex. of overboard standing out: I had an applicant in one group interview (not Wake) start it off by saying how we should all be proud that we made it this far and that we are all going to be doctors one day. He then went on to reiterate what others said without adding anything. He also raised his hand at one point, breaking our natural group conversation (we were just speaking out not raising hands) just to say someone had a good point. It all came across as very pretentious and like he was kissing up... really hope he didnt get in.
hopefuldoc1221
Full Member
Does anyone know if we are allowed to jot down notes during the Kira assessment so we dont miss/ forget anything while answering the questions? Really stressing about how to prepare for this- if anyone has any other tips please let me know!!
Hey! The prompt stays written on the screen so you shouldn’t need to write any notes. Also, don’t be nervous! It’s really not as bad as everyone on here makes it out to be.Does anyone know if we are allowed to jot down notes during the Kira assessment so we dont miss/ forget anything while answering the questions? Really stressing about how to prepare for this- if anyone has any other tips please let me know!!
justparkinghere21
New Member
Sorry i know this has been asked a million times but is there any individual interview portion in the virtual session?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pulsatilepony
Full Member
NopeSorry i know this has been asked a million times but is there any individual interview portion in the virtual session?
NoSorry i know this has been asked a million times but is there any individual interview portion in the virtual session?
I wear a suit and tie for everythingFor the guys, what did you all wear for the pre-recorded interview? I noticed it said business casual for the team-interview so I wasn’t sure if I should do for both.
Thedoomed12
Full Member
What do you think?Sooo did anyone not talk all 5 minutes for some of the questions? 🤣
EdisonEinstein-
Full Member
NopeSorry i know this has been asked a million times but is there any individual interview portion in the virtual session?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K