You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Thank you!! And wow, you respond really fast! 😱
Well, this close to 5k, I have to be careful with timing.
Re: gaming, a number of people play pc and console titles, so you won't be alone at all in that.🙂


yay i like smileys!
Say, Myuu, what do you like about Case?

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just one thing in a 10 word sentence, otherwise you might miss the historic moment. 😀
yay i like smileys!
Say, Myuu, what do you like about Case?
![]()
Well, in addition to how awesome the curriculum is, I'm very impressed by how cool my classmates. I'm even more impressed by how cool the incoming class seems to be. It's amazing how they pick a great bunch every time.😀
Oh, I assure you, I have things under control here.😉
Oh look, a schizophrenic Myuu! catch her!
Oh look, a schizophrenic Myuu! catch her!
They're going to take me away, haha, hoho, hehe...
This is a public service announcement:
This is the 4,989th post.
This is the end of the public service announcement. You may continue your regularly scheduled activities.
This is the 4,989th post.
This is the end of the public service announcement. You may continue your regularly scheduled activities.
Well, then. It's a good thing this is my regularly scheduled activity.



Oh, fyi, SDN live counts replies not posts.
Oh, fyi, SDN live counts replies not posts.
They're going to take me away, haha, hoho, hehe...
Hey you cheated on that by editing your post. 😡 Now no one will believe me when I say you had an identity crisis.
Ahh, sorry about that. I wouldn't worry too much. They just need to meet me to figure that one out.

Well, then. It's a good thing this is my regularly scheduled activity.
Oh, fyi, SDN live counts replies not posts.
Psh sounds cooler to say 4,9xxth post rather than reply.
And here's a kitten because I think it's adorable! 😍😍😍
Omg, I love kittens! I may love kittens more than eggplants.😱
Omg, I love kittens! I may love kittens more than eggplants.😱
KITTENS ARE SO ADORABLE
....eggplants are not.
#4,995!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
but eggplants are edible! and kittens... are not.
More adorable than penguins, maybe?
It's about 23 good rants, but the eye of Myuu is upon thee.
The eye of Myuu is upon me? Is this an honor or a curse? So ... as I'm thinking about this ... I think it would very amusing if I happened (by complete chance, of course) to have the 5,000th post.
This would be amusing is because, I haven't actually been accepted yet. Case is my absolute first choice, but I haven't gotten my "call" yet and I have to accept that it might not come. 🙁 (I've been distracting myself so that I don't stew. But I'm enjoying this thread so much, it's hard to stay away.)
So ... back to the lighter topic of ...
That would be pretty funny, no?

It.

Is.

Always.

Good.

To.

Have.

Insurance.

Yay!! We're over 5k now! 😀
🙁 And I was preparing this beautiful 5000th post celebration thing........
::sob, cry::
Well I guess it'd better than anyone else getting the 5000th one.
::sob, cry::
Well I guess it'd better than anyone else getting the 5000th one.
🙁 And I was preparing this beautiful 5000th post celebration thing........
::sob, cry::
Awwww, but I'm saving the post of your choice for the 2010-2011 thread.🙁
it's ok! <3 for myuu.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...................
ahhhh 😱 for the love of.........will you people stop making so many useless posts on this thread. It was such a pain to go though all the garbage on last year's thread to get some useful info. What is it ? inferiority complex that forces this thread to have so many posts? 😎
It's nearing the end of the cycle, so I would argue that we're entitled.
If you have a question you can't find the answer to, you need only ask.🙂But you probably don't, as you find both Case and Cleveland to be depressing.🙁
I'm currently sitting in the Que for Blizzcon 2010 tickets. I won't be buying any because of how far away Anaheim is from Cleveland, but I can still dream right?
🙁
A fellow Californian!
It's nearing the end of the cycle, so I would argue that we're entitled.If you have a question you can't find the answer to, you need only ask.🙂
But you probably don't, as you find both Case and Cleveland to be depressing.🙁
I would like to correct my previous statement. It's not so much Case but Cleveland that I found depressing. If Case was in a different location it would be different feeling, IMO.
There's a search button for within the thread. I found a lot of helpful info that way. Other than that, I just ask whatever and I usually get a response <1 day by the awesome Case/CCLCM students 🙂
I missed 5,000!! nooo!! but at least there was a kitten posted, so it's all good 🙂
I missed 5,000!! nooo!! but at least there was a kitten posted, so it's all good 🙂
It was an amazingly cute kitten, too.😀
Welcome Nunix!! 😀
Sounds like a apartment-hunting weekend for a lot of us! I've been using googlemaps like a fiend to look at houses and streets and areas of the rental properties. It's great to see not just the pics they show you, but the street view. Like for a great-looking duplex, finding on google maps the giant empty dirt lot with abandoned broken down trucks across the street. 👎
If it is, you'll find you're not the only child on this playground :33. Do people play computer games during medical school in their limited spare time as a way to relax or is this seen as somewhat of a childish pursuit?
That was the first thing that genuinely wow'd me about Case before I even got to my interview - the students were amazing. And I totally, completely agree with you about the incoming class, we are indeed awesome.Well, in addition to how awesome the curriculum is, I'm very impressed by how cool my classmates. I'm even more impressed by how cool the incoming class seems to be. It's amazing how they pick a great bunch every time.😀
Sounds like a apartment-hunting weekend for a lot of us! I've been using googlemaps like a fiend to look at houses and streets and areas of the rental properties. It's great to see not just the pics they show you, but the street view. Like for a great-looking duplex, finding on google maps the giant empty dirt lot with abandoned broken down trucks across the street. 👎

Well played. Well played. 🙂
If you posted at 5000, it is because you stand on the shoulders of soooo many logorrheic midgets with internet connections! 😀
I guess I deserve this for not being on-line 24/7 throughout the weekend...
I COULD delete 30 of my posts...but then you'd do the same...so I will quit while we are ahead. 😳
P.S. Meat, thanks for the guy love.
vc7777777777777777 you still live! Meat was so concerned, I think he sent out a search party of dogs who had sniffed eggplants and could thereby track you down. Beware.
logorrheic is such an awesome word, thank you for introducing it to me! That makes my day.
logorrheic is such an awesome word, thank you for introducing it to me! That makes my day.
vc7777777777777777 you still live! Meat was so concerned, I think he sent out a search party of dogs who had sniffed eggplants and could thereby track you down. Beware.
logorrheic is such an awesome word, thank you for introducing it to me! That makes my day.
Isn't it? Literally like diarrhea of the mouth! 😀
Hmmm...When the dogs begin to smell the eggplant...will the eggplant smell alone?
so when's the eggplant potluck?
I'm still working out my schedule, but it'll be Headlands Beach for sure.👍
I'm bringing Eggplant Szechuan...I'll need to re-heat it...but it'll be good, I promise!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How hectic and intense are those first two orientation days and the subsequent first full week of classes at Case?
I've run into a situation where I may not be able to fly into Cleveland until maybe a day or two right before orientation starts on the 8th. Thankfully, I've already signed a lease for an apartment in Cleveland ahead of time, so I won't have to juggle apartment hunting with school. But I am concerned whether I'll be able to get everything moved in and settled with my living situation while starting school at the same time.
Can any of the current students describe what orientation and the first week of school were like?
It would truly help. Thanks so much!!
I've run into a situation where I may not be able to fly into Cleveland until maybe a day or two right before orientation starts on the 8th. Thankfully, I've already signed a lease for an apartment in Cleveland ahead of time, so I won't have to juggle apartment hunting with school. But I am concerned whether I'll be able to get everything moved in and settled with my living situation while starting school at the same time.
Can any of the current students describe what orientation and the first week of school were like?
It would truly help. Thanks so much!!
Hmmm...When the dogs begin to smell the eggplant...will the eggplant smell alone?
If you make an eggplant, do you get chickenfruit?
Just curious.

(Yeah, I know. That's a fairly chicken-centric question ... I suppose you might get lizardfruit, instead.)
How hectic and intense are those first two orientation days and the subsequent first full week of classes at Case?
I've run into a situation where I may not be able to fly into Cleveland until maybe a day or two right before orientation starts on the 8th. Thankfully, I've already signed a lease for an apartment in Cleveland ahead of time, so I won't have to juggle apartment hunting with school. But I am concerned whether I'll be able to get everything moved in and settled with my living situation while starting school at the same time.
Can any of the current students describe what orientation and the first week of school were like?
It would truly help. Thanks so much!!
I'll let you know in a month. I'm flying in on a redeye the day before orientation starts at CC. 😛
Strong work, everyone, especially Myuu. 👍
This may be the longest school discussion thread in the history of SDN. 😛
jjoo915, I can't comment on the specifics of the UP orientation, but I think you will probably be ok. The school understands that people have personal things to take care of at the beginning of school.
Fortunately for me, I got my PPD done this week and beat the frosh rush on Student Health.
This may be the longest school discussion thread in the history of SDN. 😛
jjoo915, I can't comment on the specifics of the UP orientation, but I think you will probably be ok. The school understands that people have personal things to take care of at the beginning of school.
Fortunately for me, I got my PPD done this week and beat the frosh rush on Student Health.
How hectic and intense are those first two orientation days and the subsequent first full week of classes at Case?
I've run into a situation where I may not be able to fly into Cleveland until maybe a day or two right before orientation starts on the 8th. Thankfully, I've already signed a lease for an apartment in Cleveland ahead of time, so I won't have to juggle apartment hunting with school. But I am concerned whether I'll be able to get everything moved in and settled with my living situation while starting school at the same time.
Can any of the current students describe what orientation and the first week of school were like?
It would truly help. Thanks so much!!
Ah, those will be busy days for you. However! I know people who got here the very day before school started and they were just fine.🙂
To whoever was asking, the 8-12 M-W,F thing is cast to the side in block 1, just because of the shear quantity of stuff you guys have to get done administratively and otherwise.😳 It's fun, though!😀
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K