2009-2010 University of Tennessee Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok... then they may want to state openly " the lengths of medical training program at this particular med school will last 5 years" so that we, the "others", will get into your special master from the very first beginning. This way people would know exactly what to expect, there is no need to waste one year to find out mid towards end of the cycle that there are not equal chances of admission at school X because you, in the MP, are more "fridge" candidates than others.
There might be some of those "other" people that you are talking about who got master's degrees before they applied to your school but they would not be seen as worthy (or whatever) as you are since that degree was not obtained at your school and the 20K (or more) went to another school instead of going into your special MP.

Why should they state that? There are 165 people in the class and at most 7 of them will be master's students. Not everyone got in this year. I am sure the person who didn't even get an interview will be trilled to know that taking this program is automatic admission.

As far as other master's programs go I have no idea how they view them but I would assume that they would show a preference for UT students, just like they show a preference for UT undergrads.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone try contacting since the last meeting? I guess today would be the only day that you could have. It only took one day for me to get the letter last time, so I guess I will hear this saturday. Good luck everyone.

Anyone try contacting since the last meeting? I guess today would be the only day that you could have. It only took one day for me to get the letter last time, so I guess I will hear this saturday. Good luck everyone.

The meeting was this past Friday. We are supposed to receive the decision by Friday. Since there were more decisions going out than normal, it's possible not all decisions were mailed out by the end of Friday, causing a delay of a few days than normal.

Members don't see this ad :)
no mail today for me :( i hate this waiting! everything should be email lol

Anyone received an e-mail from them or called to find out their result?

no email or letter for me either. Can you call? I figured they wouldn't tell you anything over the phone.

I haven't heard anything as well yet. Did anyone not in the Master's program hear this week yet? I personally am going to wait to call until next week, because Diane said we would hear by this friday.

I bet we don't receive the unofficial email. Like someone said before, there would be a lot of emails to send because a decision was made on a large chunk of applicants.

If the committee met Friday afternoon, letters were likely printed, signed and sent yesterday if the admissions office had no more pressing matters. The wording was that the letters "would be sent by Friday". I'm hoping the letters were sent Monday and USPS worm-holed to my mailbox for this afternoon. :D

So when were they supposed to send out letters? April 23rd? Was there something I missed?

So when were they supposed to send out letters? April 23rd? Was there something I missed?

Yep, I think so. My no decision letter says: final decisions will be made no later than Friday, April 16th, 2010 and letters will be mailed no later than Friday, April 23rd, 2010.
I do not know why it is taking them so long to mail them. Hopefully is not a rejection :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, I think so. My no decision letter says: final decisions will be made no later than Friday, April 16th, 2010 and letters will be mailed no later than Friday, April 23rd, 2010.
I do not know why it is taking them so long to mail them. Hopefully is not a rejection :scared:

I interviewed in Feb. and got "no decision." My letter says they will make decisions no later than April 23rd and letter will be mailed BY April 30th.

I interviewed in Feb. and got "no decision." My letter says they will make decisions no later than April 23rd and letter will be mailed BY April 30th.

I wonder why the content of our letters is different...I am lost. :confused:
Any help overhere??

DONT WORRY! haha. Did you interview before feb? If so, they decided to extend the interviews later into April then they did in the past. So, this probably pushed everything back a little. Take a deep breath :)

DONT WORRY! haha. Did you interview before feb? If so, they decided to extend the interviews later into April then they did in the past. So, this probably pushed everything back a little. Take a deep breath :)

Thanks, raiderformd. That makes sense to me. :)

From an email Diane sent to accepted applicants (I think): "... .final Admissions Committee meeting will be held Friday, April 23rd."

So I assume that means that the letters might not have been sent out until sometime this week (Monday or yesterday since there were so many of them).

Good luck to all waiting!

Last year I got the letter on the Saturday after the "mail by" date and did not get a email before hand. I am pretty sure they will send them all together on Friday.

Thanks coffee3! That's good to know. We've all been checking our emails every 5 minutes :)

Hey coffee,

Do you know how many people got accepted to UT from your MP program yet? Thanks

oh yeah heres what diane had sent a while ago

This e-mail is sent to you to let you know that your final decision letter will be mailed Friday, April 30th to your address indicated on your interview appointment letter; unless you e-mailed me to request a change of address. If you have not received your final decision letter within 7-10 days AFTER April 30th, 2010, please let us know

so they will be mailed ON friday 30th not necessarily BY ...im just going to pause my anxiety with checking the mail until next week! :scared:

Did everybody get that email from Diane today?

Yeah. I just saw the email too. Well, hopefully it will get to my house on Saturday. Good luck everyone.

So is everyone pretty much expecting to get just a spot on the waitlist at this point?

And does the top fourth mean you are in pretty good shape, and the second top fourth is kind of a toss up?

I'm hoping to get offered a spot lol. Who knows about the waitlist.

I'm hoping to get offered a spot lol. Who knows about the waitlist.

Well I'm hoping for a spot too... hah but I assumed at this point it would pretty much be all waitlist spots and rejections.

Well I'm hoping for a spot too... hah but I assumed at this point it would pretty much be all waitlist spots and rejections.

I was told that there are still open spots in the class when I interviewed and that acceptances will be going out in this last round of letters. How many? Who knows. I bet there will be more waitlisters than acceptances though.

I was told that there are still open spots in the class when I interviewed and that acceptances will be going out in this last round of letters. How many? Who knows. I bet there will be more waitlisters than acceptances though.

Well that's good that at least there are some spots left... you interviewed last week right?

Well that's good that at least there are some spots left... you interviewed last week right?

Yeah I interviewed on April 21st. I flat out asked if we were interviewing for spots on a waitlist and they said no, there are still seats to be had and that an acceptance was possible even from the last interview group.

Yeah I interviewed on April 21st. I flat out asked if we were interviewing for spots on a waitlist and they said no, there are still seats to be had and that an acceptance was possible even from the last interview group.

Did you get the "on hold" letter?

Did you get the "on hold" letter?

No the first letter I'll receive will be out with the batch that everyone is waiting on. I asked a lot of questions about the remaining process and I was told that the last committee meeting was for sending out the remaining acceptances and designing the waitlist.

don't know if this is reading too much into it, but the email says your "letter" will be sent on friday...i know diane has used "letter" vs "acceptance packet" in her emails in the past, but I'm not sure if that is the case here

don't know if this is reading too much into it, but the email says your "letter" will be sent on friday...i know diane has used "letter" vs "acceptance packet" in her emails in the past, but I'm not sure if that is the case here

I would probably say you're reading too much into it. In the past she only had to send out 10 emails or so per interview date. This time she had to email all of the people that were on hold, so I imagine she just sent out the same email to that large number of people.

any idea how many spots are still available? Are there a handful or do they just leave one or two open at the end so they can still tell people spots are still there?

any idea how many spots are still available? Are there a handful or do they just leave one or two open at the end so they can still tell people spots are still there?

They didn't give any indication of how many spots there were only that some were open.

Someone post it up when you get your letters today. :luck:

They didn't give any indication of how many spots there were only that some were open.

Someone post it up when you get your letters today. :luck:

You think people will get the letters today? I have no idea how long snail mail normally takes. I figure though since I'm in Alabama I'll probably be getting mine Monday or Tuesday. :xf::xf::xf:

You think people will get the letters today? I have no idea how long snail mail normally takes. I figure though since I'm in Alabama I'll probably be getting mine Monday or Tuesday. :xf::xf::xf:

Those in a 250-300 mile radius of Memphis may get their letters today. The mail has come and gone at my place with no letter but I'm close to 500 miles away.

Hey guys. I live like 30 minutes from UTHSC and the mailman just came. No letter today for me either!

I live about 2 miles from there, so I will let yall (you guys) know if it came today. Severe weather has delayed my mailman so far today.

Nothing for me either. Monday it is.

Nope. Nothing today. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.