You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Boston University Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
While that would be incredibly exciting, I'm not getting my hopes up.
The last two years I looked on the SDN boards, they released the info either the last week of March or first week of April. :/
I'm wishing you all the best
Any current students want to post a match list? Would like to see how the seniors did this year.
Thanks!
Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any current students want to post a match list? Would like to see how the seniors did this year.
Thanks!
http://www.bumc.bu.edu/busm-news/20...y-the-class-of-2011-match-across-the-country/
not sure if the match list is up yet
http://www.bumc.bu.edu/busm-news/20...y-the-class-of-2011-match-across-the-country/
not sure if the match list is up yet
Unfortunately that didn't have the match list. Hopefully it will be released soon.
Unfortunately that didn't have the match list. Hopefully it will be released soon.
yeah I said I don't think it is up yet. I thought you would like to read that
Perhaps you'd like to call 😉 😉
It seems from last year's thread 3/30-4/2 ish was when they started from what a friend waiting for a post interview response said.
seems like in January it was near what it was for the last year's thread too. So perhaps this will be case here too.
Yeah I definitely am not bold enough to call! 😀
There is this part of me that is really hoping for a faster turn out in responses!! Today wouldn't be soon enough hahah
So close.. 10-ish days! in the home stretch guys.
I know! I have a countdown going. I'm setting it at April 1st, so if it comes any earlier it will be that much more amazing. hahah
so i called and they said that we will hear back end of march or first week of april.
Nice, thanks for making the call man!
Just got my MD/PhD rejection via email
🙁
I'm pretty bummed. I had acceptances elsewhere, but I really felt like I belonged at BU. Good luck to everyone else!
aw sorry to hear that. hope this doesn't ruin your week too much!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got rejected at BU, MD post-interview. I was not expecting a response so soon. Oh well 🙁
But wait, the title of the email says status update round 1 however I interviewed on 01/28 so I'm round 2. Was this email a mistake by any chance?
But wait, the title of the email says status update round 1 however I interviewed on 01/28 so I'm round 2. Was this email a mistake by any chance?
I got the same thing and I interviewed just a few days earlier. Sigh.
Yup, got the rejection email as well. Interviewed back in November. Damn! I really loved BU too (and made sure to let them know)! 🙁
Best of luck to everyone else.
Best of luck to everyone else.
Do you think it could be a mistake? What about others? Has anyone else received this email?
I'm operating on the assumption it is a rejection but considering this was much earlier than expected, and that the title of the email says Update Round 1, there is some possibility it was an error. We'll see I suppose.
I'm operating on the assumption it is a rejection but considering this was much earlier than expected, and that the title of the email says Update Round 1, there is some possibility it was an error. We'll see I suppose.
It might just mean Round 1 = rejections, Round 2 = waitlists/acceptances or something like that.But wait, the title of the email says status update round 1 however I interviewed on 01/28 so I'm round 2. Was this email a mistake by any chance?
no Round 1 and Round 2 refer to the two periods in which they issue decisions (In January and in March)
really sorry to hear that 🙁Just got my MD/PhD rejection via email
🙁
I'm pretty bummed. I had acceptances elsewhere, but I really felt like I belonged at BU. Good luck to everyone else!
Has anyone else who interviewed since January received this email?
I received a previous email after my interview in late January entitled "Interview follow-up Round 2" so that's why I am assuming the decisions for those who interviewed after the first round of decisions are in Round 2.
Has anyone else who interviewed since January received this email?
I interviewed in Feb and haven't gotten any email.
mdphd72,
Sorry to hear 🙁. But at least now you have closure and still have an acceptance elsewhere. Sorry dude. I was hoping u'd get good news.
Everyone else hang in there.
Thanks guys. 🙂
I'm really kinda surprised. I thought I had my best interviews here. And they were one of 2 schools I sent a letter of interest too. But with 100 applicants per seat, what can you do?
So if we didn't get a rejection email, could this mean good news?!
So if we didn't get a rejection email, could this mean good news?!
Don't jinx it 🙂 crossing fingers over here.
It might just mean Round 1 = rejections, Round 2 = waitlists/acceptances or something like that.
yeah I really wouldn't look too much into it. Mine actually just said "status update"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
crossing fingers for the combo of You and my GMS friends.
Doctraveler!!
Thanks Guju! I'm crossing my fingers over here. The wait is unbearable. Gluck with UCF! Keep the faith.
go to the forum is very easy and fascinating,
I am pleased to be joined here and interact with all members.
I hope that big can discuss here.
thanks for all![]()
Uhhhhh.....what??
Uhhhhh.....what??
Probably spam. Notice the period is really an offsite image?
go to the forum is very easy and fascinating,
I am pleased to be joined here and interact with all members.
I hope that big can discuss here.
thanks for all![]()
ahaa,
international student perhaps....? >.<
Got the call! Good luck to the rest of you out there waiting 

Got the call! Good luck to the rest of you out there waiting![]()
omgsh i'm starting to feel sick.
omgsh i'm starting to feel sick.
+1. Right before two exams.. haa
the...call? good news?
Congrats Scalpel!
The wait is killing me 🙁 Atleast this will be the last time I'll be obsessively refreshing SDN.
The wait is killing me 🙁 Atleast this will be the last time I'll be obsessively refreshing SDN.
Uhhhhh.....what??
Where did you even find this post? hahah
got the call this morning!! SOOOO excited to be accepted!!!!!!!
If you guys don't mind me asking, who is calling? Was it your specific interviewer or Dean Witzburg?
If you guys don't mind me asking, who is calling? Was it your specific interviewer or Dean Witzburg?
Based on last year's thread, people get called by their specific interviewer (which is sometimes actually Dean Witzburg, coincidently). But don't be too discouraged, because interviewers aren't required to call the accepted students they interviewed. It's just an option. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you guys don't mind me asking, who is calling? Was it your specific interviewer or Dean Witzburg?
It was my interviewer. GL!!
Just got the call from my interviewer...I am in disbelief!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting 

I just got accepted! My interviewer just emailed me.
See you guys at second look!
See you guys at second look!
Dear Accepted people:
Please post the first initial of your interviewer and their specialty so that those waiting can know if their interviewer has already make their calls. For example: Dr. W, Urologist.
Thank you!
Dr. A, Trauma Surgeon
Who knows if the interviewers are making all the calls today or if they will spread it out over a few days. I really wouldn't assume that if you don't get a call that you're not getting in. Hope this helps!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K

