-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Boston University Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Dr. P, PhD in dermatology, I believe. Also, my status has not changed online.
It was my interviewer. GL!!
Thanks guys, still waiting anxiously.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks guys, still waiting anxiously.
i don't think every interviewer calls. i inerviewed w/someone who i highly doubt would call.
This was my 3rd year applying (graduated college in '08 and went straight to GMS that fall). Just got the call!! I finally got in! Anyone who needs advice on reapplying or on not giving up, please feel free to PM me.
Not everyone who gets accepted gets a phone call, so don't worry yet. My interviewer told me that we'll be finding out officially in a day or two. Good luck to everyone!
Not everyone who gets accepted gets a phone call, so don't worry yet. My interviewer told me that we'll be finding out officially in a day or two. Good luck to everyone!
Seems like most people, if not all, who got in so far are from Boston? Anyone from California get accepted yet? Are they making all decisions known to the interviewers today or do you guys think they release decisions in batches?
I'm not from Boston... I'm from STL. SOME interviewers call to let us know. My interviewer told me I'd be getting the official word (guessing mail) in a day or two.
so i guess no news is bad news at this point?
BU makes batch decisions right? and this is the final one?...
BU makes batch decisions right? and this is the final one?...
so i guess no news is bad news at this point?
BU makes batch decisions right? and this is the final one?...
The way I look at it, it's not over until it's over! fingers crossed
Dr. O, PhD Gastroenterology.
Good luck everyone else!
Good luck everyone else!
Anyone interview with Dr. M, (Emergency med) and hear back?
This is beginning to sound more and more like my five previous waitlists. The boats sailed. Congrats everyone...looks like wl or rej for the rest of us. This sucks.
I feel like this too... I'm pretty bummed but at least not knowing will get me through my assignments this weekend. I'd rather be rejected on Monday than today haha...
Anyone hear from Dr. W, Urology?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like this too... I'm pretty bummed but at least not knowing will get me through my assignments this weekend. I'd rather be rejected on Monday than today haha...
Anyone hear from Dr. W, Urology?
I have not heard from him, so hopefully that's a good sign for us both.
I have not heard from him, so hopefully that's a good sign for us both.
And I would make three of us.
Has anyone heard from Dr. P, family med.
I knew my chances were slim just based on the number interviewed vs. number of class spots (something like 900 for 120ish spots) but still sucks to not get the call. oooooo well....
I knew my chances were slim just based on the number interviewed vs. number of class spots (something like 900 for 120ish spots) but still sucks to not get the call. oooooo well....
Does anyone know when the second look weekend is? I want to book my ticket as soon as possible.
Interviewer who called me- CSR. Pathology
anyone get a call from Dr. K in emergency med?
I also had him and interviewed relatively late (Feburary). I am waiting on him as well.
The fact that some people actually got rejections makes me believe that those who are still waiting (including me) still have a fair chance to get it! Don't ruin your weekend thinking that you did not get in!
I believe the final answers are coming in batches, if we happened to be in a slow batch, we gotta wait till next week!
Some got a call yesterday and some today! I don't see why we wouldn't get a call next week!
I believe the final answers are coming in batches, if we happened to be in a slow batch, we gotta wait till next week!
Some got a call yesterday and some today! I don't see why we wouldn't get a call next week!
This in bolded!!!!
This is why I think you guys shouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. Even earlier this semester when they gave decisions it was over a period of days people were getting news. So keep your head high. til you get your final news u don't really know. I mean someone PM'd me just today saying they got in and they were just freaking out yesterday and 2 days ago. So just keep your head up high and pray that you get good news. all you can do really.
I hope it works out for some of you, esp. you regulars who I've seen on this thread from the beginning.
The same thing happened when decisions in round 1 came out. Some people found out from their interviewers a few days before decisions were officially announced. I got deferred on round one and I hate to have to go through this anxiety again.!!! ahhh BU hurry upppp


Has anyone heard from Dr. P, family med.
I knew my chances were slim just based on the number interviewed vs. number of class spots (something like 900 for 120ish spots) but still sucks to not get the call. oooooo well....
I had her, as well. And haven't heard anything, so it's possible we may hear next week.
Thanks gujudoc for the comforting words- Was feeling pretty down today, but I mean even if it doesn't work out.. life goes on.
I had her, as well. And haven't heard anything, so it's possible we may hear next week.
Thanks gujudoc for the comforting words- Was feeling pretty down today, but I mean even if it doesn't work out.. life goes on.
I interviewed with her on the same day as you! how funny! Well hopefully it works out for both of us. Monday is gonna be a looooonnngggg day.
Anyone hear from Dr. D, Pediatrics?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I checked my application page and it said I had been accepted...then I checked and it was gone. Has anyone else had this? It's an awful feeling!!!
I checked my application page and it said I had been accepted...then I checked and it was gone. Has anyone else had this? It's an awful feeling!!!
Nope my status hasn't changed. May I ask when you saw your status change? I'm just curious if they're working on it today.
Also I wouldn't feel too awful if I were you...it looks like you'll be getting the good news 🙂
Nope my status hasn't changed. May I ask when you saw your status change? I'm just curious if they're working on it today.
Also I wouldn't feel too awful if I were you...it looks like you'll be getting the good news 🙂
It was all in the last thirty minutes or so. I have waitlists/holds at the other schools that I interviewed at. This is the last school I am waiting to hear from. At least it was a fun five minutes!
It was all in the last thirty minutes or so. I have waitlists/holds at the other schools that I interviewed at. This is the last school I am waiting to hear from. At least it was a fun five minutes!
Thanks! Looks like something is going on there. Hopefully we'll all find out soon enough.

Good Luck!
I hope so too! I feel like I can't wait another second!!
It is updated to say accepted again...not sure if this means anything or if the system is just glitching.
It is updated to say accepted again...not sure if this means anything or if the system is just glitching.
OMG mini heartattack! I'm too scared to check.
Congrats! I think you should accept the fact that you've been accepted and be happy! Just sayin...🙂
Mine's still the same. Guess I'm rejected/waitlisted? 🙁
OMG mini heartattack! I'm too scared to check.
Congrats! I think you should accept the fact that you've been accepted and be happy! Just sayin...🙂
I think you're right; now there's a message asking if I wish to accept the acceptance. Yay!
Ahh pre-med neurosis...
It is updated to say accepted again...not sure if this means anything or if the system is just glitching.
OMG the jealousy is overflowing out of my body. my hair is turning green!

Waitlist @%#^&@^%#&@%^ 😡
I think you're right; now there's a message asking if I wish to accept the acceptance. Yay!
Ahh pre-med neurosis...
I just got the accepted status too. Congrats and GL to the others still waiting!
BTW, interviewed w/ Psychiatrist Dr. J, no phone call received.
Does BU have any waitlist movement?
Waitlist @%#^&@^%#&@%^ 😡
You may be interested to know that on my interview day, Dean Witzburg said he hates waitlists with a passion and tries to keep BU's very small. Most people on the waitlist end up getting accepted (no guarantees, however).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You may be interested to know that on my interview day, Dean Witzburg said he hates waitlists with a passion and tries to keep BU's very small. Most people on the waitlist end up getting accepted (no guarantees, however).
Waitlisted here as well, but I've heard the opposite - more that he hates waitlists, and most who get put on it don't come off due to very little movement. It seems that a good chunk were placed on the list last year so I'm treating the waitlist like a virtual rejection. Sad times.
Congrats to everyone who got in and good luck to everyone else on the waitlist!
Last edited:
That's what I heard but previous SDN threads seem to prove otherwise. I'm contemplating whether or not I should remain on the waitlist.
ACCEPTED!!!!! Notification via email to check status!
CANNOT BELIEVE IT! 😍
CANNOT BELIEVE IT! 😍
waitlisted- withdrawing.
I wonder if they outright rejected anyone.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K