You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Just withdrew my acceptance here.
guys!
guys! Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I was accepted yesterday around 10:30 am. I opened up an account just to let you know that the waitlist movement has begun sooner than we thought. I will be accepting the offer.
Congrats!
Did you get a phone call from Dean McQuail? Or was it through email?Hey guys,
I was accepted yesterday around 10:30 am. I opened up an account just to let you know that the waitlist movement has begun sooner than we thought. I will be accepting the offer.
Congrats!
Did you send letter of intent or letter of interest recently? When were you interview if you do not mind telling?
Hey guys,
I was accepted yesterday around 10:30 am. I opened up an account just to let you know that the waitlist movement has begun sooner than we thought. I will be accepting the offer.
I was not prepared for this.
I don't remember who called me, as I was too excited and didn't catch the name. They sent me an email several hours after too. I sent in lots of LOIs, I think around 5-6 overall. However, all my LOIs were about a page and included significant updates, no fillers. Let me know if you guys have anymore questions. Good luck to you all!
Congrats!
Did you send letter of intent or letter of interest recently? When were you interview if you do not mind telling?
Yea, I sent one about 5 days ago. I was interviewed Feb 22 I believe.
I was not prepared for this.
I know how you feel. Hang in there bud!
I know how you feel. Hang in there bud!
i sent a letter 2/2 and 3/23 (when they requested). should i send another one? any advice is appreciated.
I just got accepted! 👍😀👍
I got a call from Kiley Gove (assistant director) at around 12:30 PST. I'll most definitely accept considering the school is my top choice. Good luck to the rest of you and keep on sending those updates/LOIs!
Someone asked this earlier, so here's a timeline of what I did:
03/03 - Interview
03/04 - Contacted GWU admissions office and asked if I could set up a phone appointment with someone intimately part of admissions.
03/07 - Thank You! Letters sent
03/11 - Request from school to send additional information
03/12 - Additional information letter sent
03/20 - Letter of Intent sent
04/07 - Waitlisted
04/18 - Letter showing my continued interest sent
04/22 - Update Letter #1 (new volunteer experience). Also received an email from the director of admissions to set up a phone appointment.
04/27 - Talked with the director.
05/09 - Update Letter #2 (promotion)
05/10 - Recommendation Letter sent
05/12 - Accepted
GPA: 3.662
MCAT: 31Q
Non-traditional student - 2 years off
California resident
I got a call from Kiley Gove (assistant director) at around 12:30 PST. I'll most definitely accept considering the school is my top choice. Good luck to the rest of you and keep on sending those updates/LOIs!
Someone asked this earlier, so here's a timeline of what I did:
03/03 - Interview
03/04 - Contacted GWU admissions office and asked if I could set up a phone appointment with someone intimately part of admissions.
03/07 - Thank You! Letters sent
03/11 - Request from school to send additional information
03/12 - Additional information letter sent
03/20 - Letter of Intent sent
04/07 - Waitlisted
04/18 - Letter showing my continued interest sent
04/22 - Update Letter #1 (new volunteer experience). Also received an email from the director of admissions to set up a phone appointment.
04/27 - Talked with the director.
05/09 - Update Letter #2 (promotion)
05/10 - Recommendation Letter sent
05/12 - Accepted
GPA: 3.662
MCAT: 31Q
Non-traditional student - 2 years off
California resident
Last edited:
i sent a letter 2/2 and 3/23 (when they requested). should i send another one? any advice is appreciated.
You should definitely be sending a lot of letters showing your interest in the school. I've been told by many docs, who were in my situation, that you have to be very proactive and update the school as regularly as possible. However, at this point, it might be a little too late (sorry for being a downer). If you start sending letters now, the school might think you're just getting desperate for a spot somewhere. Saying that though, send one anyway - it can't make your chances any worse and it really just takes an hour or two from your day. Good luck!
I was just accepted off the wait list!! I truly don't believe it and I'm still worried it might have been a mistake. I will definitely be joining the class!! (once I verify that this is really happening and it wasn't a mistake)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just accepted off the wait list!! I truly don't believe it and I'm still worried it might have been a mistake. I will definitely be joining the class!! (once I verify that this is really happening and it wasn't a mistake)
When did you get the call?
just wanted to let everyone know that i withdrew my acceptance. it was an extremely tough choice, but hopefully someone gets pulled off the waitlist! best of luck 🙂
just wanted to let everyone know that i withdrew my acceptance. it was an extremely tough choice, but hopefully someone gets pulled off the waitlist! best of luck 🙂
I love you..🙂
When did you get the call?
Today at 3:01pm!
just wanted to let everyone know that i withdrew my acceptance. it was an extremely tough choice, but hopefully someone gets pulled off the waitlist! best of luck 🙂
When we are both resident physicians, I'm gonna buy you a coffee. And not the cheap kind either! ;-)
When are we going to hear back about our financial aid offers? Last year it looked like they responded in the days before the 15th...
I'm pretty sure it depends on when you submitted your GW financial aid app. I got mine last Friday and I submitted around April 16th.
Yey!!! Congrats! They send you the link to the google group a couple of days after the acceptance email!
Do they leave a message if you miss their call? Damn spotty cell phone coverage. I hope they're just getting started with the waitlist.
Don't worry. I am pretty sure they will leave a message. I think they will also send an e-mail notification if you've been accepted.
Accepted today at 8AM 🙂
CA Resident. How do I join the Google group?
See you guys in the fall 🙂
Congrats! I hope I can join you guys in a few days!

Just released my spot at GW to accept an offer from UC San Diego. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
I hope this means that a fellow jdmd can take your place 😱
waitlisted and no other admission here 🙁
Made the toughest decision ever 😕. Withdrew my acceptance and turned down a hefty scholarship. While tuition would have been lower, cost of living in DC was killing my budget no matter how I played with the $#'s. Good Luck to everyone on the waitlist and hopefully someone else will receive the $30k/year
they offered me. Best Wishes and
all!
they offered me. Best Wishes and
all! Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Made the toughest decision ever 😕. Withdrew my acceptance and turned down a hefty scholarship. While tuition would have been lower, cost of living in DC was killing my budget no matter how I played with the $#'s. Good Luck to everyone on the waitlist and hopefully someone else will receive the $30k/yearthey offered me. Best Wishes and
all!
When did you withdraw???
Accepted off Waitlist at 11am EST!
Accepted off Waitlist at 11am EST!
For those that are accepted off of the waitlist, congrats, but can you post your stats??
Accepted off the waitlist 10:45 am EST!!
3.97 GPA 30M MCAT
Good luck everyone 🙂
3.97 GPA 30M MCAT
Good luck everyone 🙂
congrats to all those accepted!! did u guys send in a lot of updates/letters of interest??
congrats to all those accepted!! did u guys send in a lot of updates/letters of interest??
Yes, you definitely want to keep updating them. I sent maybe 5/6 letters.
Accepted off the waitlist 10:45 am EST!!
3.97 GPA 30M MCAT
Good luck everyone 🙂
Accepted off Waitlist at 11am EST!
Congrats on getting in off the waitlist!!! Are you guys for sure going to GW?! I'm from CA. Where are you guys from?
Congrats on getting in off the waitlist!!! Are you guys for sure going to GW?! I'm from CA. Where are you guys from?
I am 100% going. I LOVEE GW!
See you guys in the fall!🙂
I was accepted off the wait list today into the 5 year program, dropping my other acceptances and will be attending. Congrats to those who were accepted today also!
Is there a fb group?
Is there a fb group?
I was accepted off the wait list today into the 5 year program, dropping my other acceptances and will be attending. Congrats to those who were accepted today also!
Is there a fb group?
What are your stats? And congrats!!
I was accepted off the wait list today into the 5 year program, dropping my other acceptances and will be attending. Congrats to those who were accepted today also!
Is there a fb group?
Yea, search George Washington school of medicine and health sciences class of 2015. It'll pop up!
I was accepted off the wait list today into the 5 year program, dropping my other acceptances and will be attending. Congrats to those who were accepted today also!
Is there a fb group?
you're turning down UT-Houston (I assume your instate as well) to go to a 5 year program at gw? What? 😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just made this account to show people that hard work and perseverance can help you overcome any situation. This was my THIRD TIME applying to medical school.
Got the call today around 9:30 AM EST. Beyond excited! It's been a very long road for me. I had finally come to terms with becoming a DO and non-GW student (not that there is anything wrong with that AT ALL, I just had my heart set on a MD and GW specifically). I will miss the chance to learn the OMM techniques though!
My Stats: 32 Q , 3.6 GPA 3.45 sGPA with a very strong upward trend (basically I messed around from day one until halfway through junior year then really turned it on during my 4th and 5th years). I did a 5 year program and got straight A's in the last 3 semesters in a bunch of upper-level bio/ chem courses. I have a BS in Chem and a BS in Bio. New Jersey resident, GW Undergrad.
Again, if you are a second or even third time applicant, do not give up hope!!!!!!!!! Look at me! Advice: if your a third time applicant, look into retaking the MCAT unless you did outstanding. Some schools actually said my MCAT looked "old".
Good luck everyone else!
Got the call today around 9:30 AM EST. Beyond excited! It's been a very long road for me. I had finally come to terms with becoming a DO and non-GW student (not that there is anything wrong with that AT ALL, I just had my heart set on a MD and GW specifically). I will miss the chance to learn the OMM techniques though!
My Stats: 32 Q , 3.6 GPA 3.45 sGPA with a very strong upward trend (basically I messed around from day one until halfway through junior year then really turned it on during my 4th and 5th years). I did a 5 year program and got straight A's in the last 3 semesters in a bunch of upper-level bio/ chem courses. I have a BS in Chem and a BS in Bio. New Jersey resident, GW Undergrad.
Again, if you are a second or even third time applicant, do not give up hope!!!!!!!!! Look at me! Advice: if your a third time applicant, look into retaking the MCAT unless you did outstanding. Some schools actually said my MCAT looked "old".
Good luck everyone else!
Just made this account to show people that hard work and perseverance can help you overcome any situation. This was my THIRD TIME applying to medical school.
Got the call today around 9:30 AM EST. Beyond excited! It's been a very long road for me. I had finally come to terms with becoming a DO and non-GW student (not that there is anything wrong with that AT ALL, I just had my heart set on a MD and GW specifically). I will miss the chance to learn the OMM techniques though!
My Stats: 32 Q , 3.6 GPA 3.45 sGPA with a very strong upward trend (basically I messed around from day one until halfway through junior year then really turned it on during my 4th and 5th years). I did a 5 year program and got straight A's in the last 3 semesters in a bunch of upper-level bio/ chem courses. I have a BS in Chem and a BS in Bio. New Jersey resident, GW Undergrad.
Again, if you are a second or even third time applicant, do not give up hope!!!!!!!!! Look at me! Advice: if your a third time applicant, look into retaking the MCAT unless you did outstanding. Some schools actually said my MCAT looked "old".
Good luck everyone else!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't even imagine applying three times - you definitely deserve it 😀
Just made this account to show people that hard work and perseverance can help you overcome any situation. This was my THIRD TIME applying to medical school.
Got the call today around 9:30 AM EST. Beyond excited! It's been a very long road for me. I had finally come to terms with becoming a DO and non-GW student (not that there is anything wrong with that AT ALL, I just had my heart set on a MD and GW specifically). I will miss the chance to learn the OMM techniques though!
My Stats: 32 Q , 3.6 GPA 3.45 sGPA with a very strong upward trend (basically I messed around from day one until halfway through junior year then really turned it on during my 4th and 5th years). I did a 5 year program and got straight A's in the last 3 semesters in a bunch of upper-level bio/ chem courses. I have a BS in Chem and a BS in Bio. New Jersey resident, GW Undergrad.
Again, if you are a second or even third time applicant, do not give up hope!!!!!!!!! Look at me! Advice: if your a third time applicant, look into retaking the MCAT unless you did outstanding. Some schools actually said my MCAT looked "old".
Good luck everyone else!
Congrats!!! I am very happy for you 🙂
Just made this account to show people that hard work and perseverance can help you overcome any situation. This was my THIRD TIME applying to medical school.
Got the call today around 9:30 AM EST. Beyond excited! It's been a very long road for me. I had finally come to terms with becoming a DO and non-GW student (not that there is anything wrong with that AT ALL, I just had my heart set on a MD and GW specifically). I will miss the chance to learn the OMM techniques though!
My Stats: 32 Q , 3.6 GPA 3.45 sGPA with a very strong upward trend (basically I messed around from day one until halfway through junior year then really turned it on during my 4th and 5th years). I did a 5 year program and got straight A's in the last 3 semesters in a bunch of upper-level bio/ chem courses. I have a BS in Chem and a BS in Bio. New Jersey resident, GW Undergrad.
Again, if you are a second or even third time applicant, do not give up hope!!!!!!!!! Look at me! Advice: if your a third time applicant, look into retaking the MCAT unless you did outstanding. Some schools actually said my MCAT looked "old".
Good luck everyone else!
Mad ups Kham! This is my second application cycle so I definitely feel you on being a reapplicant. Just wanted to congratulate you and can't wait to meet you in the fall. GW represent! 🙂
- Status
- Not open for further replies.