2010-2011 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if the class is full? If not, how many spots are left to be filled?

I have no idea. You can possibly call and ask if the waitlist is still moving. I know it's hard waiting but just keep your head up. I got my fingers crossed for you!:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

@ all of you above: thanks a bunch and congratulations to you too. I'll see you guys soon. Until then, DC chillin.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone post the link to the Facebook group? I can't find it!

Thanks!!

I will be matriculating here..I loved the school and the fact that it is in D.C....can't wait to get started!! Look forward to seeing you all this fall. Keep enjoying the rest of the time before school starts!

Called this morning to see if the class was full. She dodged the question and said that they have been accepting people off the waitlist, and they will continue to do so as spots open up.

I really don't want to start applying for my third time.:thumbdown:

Man, email me if you want advice for a third application. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that though.

Congrats to everyone that got in and everyone else still waiting best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
When waitlisters are offered acceptance (and hold other acceptances), how long do they have to accept or decline the offer?

Unfortunately, it doesn't look good guys, there was at least more movement this year than there was last year

http://206.82.221.135/showthread.php?t=707948&page=5

Let's not give up hope though!!! It's still early!!!

Thanks for the info. That thread looks incredibly depressing though...
I wonder if the lack of new acceptances off the waitlist at this point is due to them waiting to hear back from the recent off-the-WL folks to respond?

Anybody have any idea what the waitlist looks like? This thread is scary quiet.

Theres not going to be much talk on the weekends I wouldn't think. Hopefully we hear something today though!!!

Good luck guys. Such a beautiful day here in DC right now. :).

Just made this account to show people that hard work and perseverance can help you overcome any situation. This was my THIRD TIME applying to medical school.

Got the call today around 9:30 AM EST. Beyond excited! It's been a very long road for me. I had finally come to terms with becoming a DO and non-GW student (not that there is anything wrong with that AT ALL, I just had my heart set on a MD and GW specifically). I will miss the chance to learn the OMM techniques though!

My Stats: 32 Q , 3.6 GPA 3.45 sGPA with a very strong upward trend (basically I messed around from day one until halfway through junior year then really turned it on during my 4th and 5th years). I did a 5 year program and got straight A's in the last 3 semesters in a bunch of upper-level bio/ chem courses. I have a BS in Chem and a BS in Bio. New Jersey resident, GW Undergrad.

Again, if you are a second or even third time applicant, do not give up hope!!!!!!!!! Look at me! Advice: if your a third time applicant, look into retaking the MCAT unless you did outstanding. Some schools actually said my MCAT looked "old".

Good luck everyone else!

Congrats! Despite the fact that I am still on the alternate list, GWU is my top choice, and I still haven't been accepted anywhere, I can sincerely say that I am happy you got in instead of me. I cannot imagine going through this whole process twice much less three times.:barf:

I hope there is room for one more...

I really love this school, and I was all set to go here, but I decided to withdraw today to attend another school. Since I know what it's like to be sitting on a waitlist for a school you're dying to go to, just thought I'd let you guys know. I hope one of you gets my spot!

I really love this school, and I was all set to go here, but I decided to withdraw today to attend another school. Since I know what it's like to be sitting on a waitlist for a school you're dying to go to, just thought I'd let you guys know. I hope one of you gets my spot!

Thank you! :)

You rock for posting this. Keeps our hopes up.

If I get your spot (i.e. if I get in at all), I owe you a beer or a coffee. You choose. :highfive:

I'll buy you a case of beer and a coffee maker for that spot!

I'll take you to play Pebble Beach.

I'll take out an extra loan and buy you Pebble Beach!!! Jk jk hahahah

I agree!!!! I hope there is a lot more movement!!! How great would it be if they just doubled their class size and was just like "we'll take everyone!!!" lol we would have to throw a huge party!!!!

I just keep looking back at last years thread and thinking though I don't know how much more movement we should realistically expect. I'm not giving up hope!!!!

I honestly do not want to be a downer though. I hope we all get it!!! Seriously, there is always a chance until classes start.

I can call today if you want and ask about the waitlist. Anyone have any questions in particular you would like me to ask?

I agree!!!! I hope there is a lot more movement!!! How great would it be if they just doubled their class size and was just like "we'll take everyone!!!" lol we would have to throw a huge party!!!!

I just keep looking back at last years thread and thinking though I don't know how much more movement we should realistically expect. I'm not giving up hope!!!!

I honestly do not want to be a downer though. I hope we all get it!!! Seriously, there is always a chance until classes start.

I can call today if you want and ask about the waitlist. Anyone have any questions in particular you would like me to ask?

I think that should do :)

got some info, hang on while I type it all up. Sorry about the wait, I didn't have a chance to call until now

I received the following information today:

♪ waitlist is still moving

♪ CLASS IS CURRENTLY FULL, however they still expect some movement

♪ HISTORICALLY they still see movement in June and July, she said its not a big group but it is 2 or 3 people here and there

♪ there is not a set day that they meet to make decisions. If someone drops they will meet a few days after and make a decision

♪ HISTORICALLY she said they have made final decisions even close to orientation

♪ this is kind of juicy, I asked her about reapplying for 2012. She said it will not affect decision making. She even said they won't look at you and be like "oh well, he's applying next year". She said it may even help your application this year to fill it out and send it to them since it looks like your so interested you're going to apply next year as well. She did warn me though that this was coming from her, not the committee.

Sorry about the music notes lol I just get so sick of the normal smiley faces we always see around here!! ♥ ;)

I hope this was a little help everyone. I know none of that is really groundbreaking new knowledge or anything, but I hope it helps as we sit here and wait!!!!! Keep in touch everyone and, as always, good luck!!!!!

I received the following information today:

♪ waitlist is still moving

♪ CLASS IS CURRENTLY FULL, however they still expect some movement

♪ HISTORICALLY they still see movement in June and July, she said its not a big group but it is 2 or 3 people here and there

♪ there is not a set day that they meet to make decisions. If someone drops they will meet a few days after and make a decision

♪ HISTORICALLY she said they have made final decisions even close to orientation

♪ this is kind of juicy, I asked her about reapplying for 2012. She said it will not affect decision making. She even said they won't look at you and be like "oh well, he's applying next year". She said it may even help your application this year to fill it out and send it to them since it looks like your so interested you're going to apply next year as well. She did warn me though that this was coming from her, not the committee.

Sorry about the music notes lol I just get so sick of the normal smiley faces we always see around here!! ♥ ;)

I hope this was a little help everyone. I know none of that is really groundbreaking new knowledge or anything, but I hope it helps as we sit here and wait!!!!! Keep in touch everyone and, as always, good luck!!!!!

Mark3524, thanks for taking the time to call the admission office and the info! :)

Just got an email saying they regret to inform me I will not be receiving an interview... about time GW.

Trust me, I received a couple of those e-mails from schools last week. I think it may be their lowest priority on things to do for some reason. It is ridiculous though!!!

Also, I know with some schools they just don't respond because they have misplaced your stuff or they meant to contact you and just never got around to it. It happened to a lady I used to work with who had super stats and applied to SLU. Throughout the season she interviewed at like 12 schools and was accepted into like 7 programs. Then one of her friends received an interview at SLU who had similar stats so she contacted them. They told her they found her stuff sitting somewhere where they were supposed to contact her but since it wasn't filed in the right spot they couldn't find her information to contact her!!! She immediately was granted an interview and was later accepted lol but had she not called them to see what was going on she may have never received an interview there!!!!

Anyone want to call today? I say we keep bugging them until they start opening up more spots ;)

Just got an email saying they regret to inform me I will not be receiving an interview... about time GW.

what a slap in the face right?? I got one from Drexel about a week ago hahah

I think they left out their preface to the letter: "If you are stupid enough to not have realized it already...."

what a slap in the face right?? I got one from Drexel about a week ago hahah

I think they left out their preface to the letter: "If you are stupid enough to not have realized it already...."

Hahahahaha I feel like that about FSU, UMiami, Drexel, Rush, and Loyola. All of these people sent me last minute rejection letters like long after interview season was over when it was obvious I was rejected. Though at least in Loyola's case it was just the official letter was sent late, but they had rejected me months and months ago on the status webpage so they didn't completely leave me hanging.

But the others were so late in getting rejection letters out. Lame. lol.

GW at least did me that courtesy of rejecting me pre interview in october when they decided they didn't want me. I hope those of you on the waitlist get off, especially you Prateek. I've been rooting for you whole cycle.

Trust me, I received a couple of those e-mails from schools last week. I think it may be their lowest priority on things to do for some reason. It is ridiculous though!!!

Also, I know with some schools they just don't respond because they have misplaced your stuff or they meant to contact you and just never got around to it. It happened to a lady I used to work with who had super stats and applied to SLU. Throughout the season she interviewed at like 12 schools and was accepted into like 7 programs. Then one of her friends received an interview at SLU who had similar stats so she contacted them. They told her they found her stuff sitting somewhere where they were supposed to contact her but since it wasn't filed in the right spot they couldn't find her information to contact her!!! She immediately was granted an interview and was later accepted lol but had she not called them to see what was going on she may have never received an interview there!!!!

Anyone want to call today? I say we keep bugging them until they start opening up more spots ;)

Yeah, I got the same from Drexel. I think the best this year was a formal letter of rejection from a school at which I did not even complete the secondary... It's like: "We both know you didn't apply, but just in case you thought there was a chance...NO!"

And yeah, they totally should open more spots I don't even need to take classes in the lecture hall, I'd he happy to sit in the janitorial closet and stream it...

also, does anybody by chance know when orientation/classes start?

Hahahahaha I feel like that about FSU, UMiami, Drexel, Rush, and Loyola. All of these people sent me last minute rejection letters like long after interview season was over when it was obvious I was rejected. Though at least in Loyola's case it was just the official letter was sent late, but they had rejected me months and months ago on the status webpage so they didn't completely leave me hanging.

But the others were so late in getting rejection letters out. Lame. lol.

GW at least did me that courtesy of rejecting me pre interview in october when they decided they didn't want me. I hope those of you on the waitlist get off, especially you Prateek. I've been rooting for you whole cycle.

Gujudoc, you may just be the kindest person on this forum :p Thanks so much for the support, hopefully it works out for you too :)

I just recently inquired about the waitlist again by e-mail and basically the class is indeed still full, but there may still be some movement

Status
Not open for further replies.