-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Mayo Clinic Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
so, Marcy mentioned on my interview day (a Thursday) that most applicants would be reviewed at the committee meeting two weeks from our interview date but *some* might be reviewed at the committee meeting immediately the following week...
do you think it's a good sign if you're reviewed/ranked earlier rather than later? or might it just be something that's tied up in logistics (e.g.: if committee members are present; alphabetized order, etc)?
do you think it's a good sign if you're reviewed/ranked earlier rather than later? or might it just be something that's tied up in logistics (e.g.: if committee members are present; alphabetized order, etc)?
do you think it's a good sign if you're reviewed/ranked earlier rather than later? or might it just be something that's tied up in logistics (e.g.: if committee members are present; alphabetized order, etc)?
I'd say the latter... Don't read into it too much--no news means you're still in the running.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also rejected pre interview. Around the same time as Amanda. We'll just tell ourselves they ran out of interview spots.
I like the way you think =)
True, but people would also get hold status notifications, and I'm assuming that they WOULD post here. I imagine there's at least one person that was being reviewed in this group.
Hey guys. I think last year no acceptances came immediately after interviews from end of November through the last of the interviews, but some of my classmates were accepted in Feb or off the wait list. I know being told to just hang on and wait isn't what you want to hear, but just try and enjoy the ride 🙂
Hey guys. I think last year no acceptances came immediately after interviews from end of November through the last of the interviews, but some of my classmates were accepted in Feb or off the wait list. I know being told to just hang on and wait isn't what you want to hear, but just try and enjoy the ride 🙂
Just wondering: Is this something you just noticed from going through last year's thread? Or have you confirmed that this is protocol by talking to the office?
Also: sounds like no SDN people got the call today. Does anyone know when the next round might be? Or is this, as uffda hinted, the end of acceptance calls until interview season at Mayo is done and over with?
Just wondering: Is this something you just noticed from going through last year's thread? Or have you confirmed that this is protocol by talking to the office?
Also: sounds like no SDN people got the call today. Does anyone know when the next round might be? Or is this, as uffda hinted, the end of acceptance calls until interview season at Mayo is done and over with?
You could always call Marcy and ask... 🙂
You could always call Marcy and ask... 🙂
yeah i think i just might do that tomorrow. i'm sure the admissions office is closed by now though.
I'm with Cole, no one has posted an "on hold" e-mail either, so I'm guessing (and hoping) that no admissions decisions were released today. Marcy, why'd you lie?!
Also rejected pre interview. Around the same time as Amanda. We'll just tell ourselves they ran out of interview spots.
Also rejected pre-interview at 11:35 am. NeuroKidd and Amanda, I feel your pain...
I was ranked during their last committee meeting so i was hoping i would get THE call or the dreaded hold email today but there was not a peep.
I think you'll probably hear something Friday morning.
My understanding is that just over 30 people have been accepted so far. They will continue accepting people until they reach 42. After that we all go in the post March wait-list kissed, or rejection dejection group.
I think you'll probably hear something Friday morning.
My understanding is that just over 30 people have been accepted so far. They will continue accepting people until they reach 42. After that we all go in the post March wait-list kissed, or rejection dejection group.
And who did you hear this from
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Calls are going out!!! =d =d =d =d =d
oops caps lock. by "=d =d =d =d =d", I really meant "=D =D =D =D =D"
😍😍😍
oops caps lock. by "=d =d =d =d =d", I really meant "=D =D =D =D =D"
😍😍😍
Interviewed 11/18; ranked 11/24; received the call today!
Accepted Today!! 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
yayyy!!!
Hold email. *sigh*
Congrats to those of you who are accepted!
Congrats to those of you who are accepted!
apparently there is a facebook group for accepted students: http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_169703026373257&ap=1 .
sorry if this is a repeat but i don't remember seeing this on SDN before.
sorry if this is a repeat but i don't remember seeing this on SDN before.
Oh, Mayo, how I doth long for thee.
Oh, Mayo, how I doth long for thee.
Oh, how the use of the King's English hath declined since our beloved King James Version is in common use no more.
Mayo, my heart longeth after thee as the hart panteth after the water brook. There are eight score and nine medical schools, but my beloved Mayo is but one. Shalt thou not say to me, Rise up, my beloved, my fair one, and come away to Rochester before the winter is upon us and voice the turtledove and the acceptance letter is heard no more in the land.
Oh, how the use of the King's English hath declined since our beloved King James Version is in common use no more.
Mayo, my heart longeth after thee as the hart panteth after the water brook. There are eight score and nine medical schools, but my beloved Mayo is but one. Shalt thou not say to me, Rise up, my beloved, my fair one, and come away to Rochester before the winter is upon us and voice the turtledove and the acceptance letter is heard no more in the land.
I lol'd.
And now, O inhabitants of Rochester, and men of Mayo, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my fellow applicants, what could have been done more to my application, that I have not done to it? Wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth an acceptance, it brought it forth an interview but nothing added upon it?
And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to with my application: I will take away the un-inspiring thereof, and the letter of intent shall be eaten up; and break down the wall of the ad-com's heart thereof, and my sorrow shall be trodden down and replaced with joy.
And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to with my application: I will take away the un-inspiring thereof, and the letter of intent shall be eaten up; and break down the wall of the ad-com's heart thereof, and my sorrow shall be trodden down and replaced with joy.
And now, O inhabitants of Rochester, and men of Mayo, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my fellow applicants, what could have been done more to my application, that I have not done to it? Wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth an acceptance, it brought it forth an interview but nothing added upon it?
And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to with my application: I will take away the un-inspiring thereof, and the letter of intent shall be eaten up; and break down the wall of the ad-com's heart thereof, and my sorrow shall be trodden down and replaced with joy.
I like it. Isaiah's parable is not used nearly enough.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mayo, my heart longeth after thee as the hart panteth after the water brook. There are eight score and nine medical schools, but my beloved Mayo is but one. Shalt thou not say to me, Rise up, my beloved, my fair one, and come away to Rochester before the winter is upon us and voice the turtledove and the acceptance letter is heard no more in the land.
And now, O inhabitants of Rochester, and men of Mayo, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my fellow applicants, what could have been done more to my application, that I have not done to it? Wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth an acceptance, it brought it forth an interview but nothing added upon it?
And now go to; I will tell you what I will do to with my application: I will take away the un-inspiring thereof, and the letter of intent shall be eaten up; and break down the wall of the ad-com's heart thereof, and my sorrow shall be trodden down and replaced with joy.
Amazing.
I like it. Isaiah's parable is not used nearly enough.
20 points to you for knowing the reference!
I lol'd.
+1...nearly a rofl but i was able to contain it.
Classic post Ed.
+1...nearly a rofl but i was able to contain it.
Classic post Ed.
Well, I could have modified some other parts of the Song of Solomon, but I doubt that the ladies in the admissions office would want their teeth compared to newly shorn sheep.
Attention any ad-com members viewing this thread: PM me if you want to know who I am so you can accept me.
It was many and many a week ago, in Rochester, far from sea
That an applicant there interviewed, as you may know, is really a poster named me
And this poster, he lived with no other thought than to really accepted be
But the adcoms, though so happy at Mayo, went judging you and me
And this is the reason, as all men know, in Rochester far from sea,
That an email blew out of the internet by night, holding, my beautiful Mayo Dream.
That an applicant there interviewed, as you may know, is really a poster named me
And this poster, he lived with no other thought than to really accepted be
But the adcoms, though so happy at Mayo, went judging you and me
And this is the reason, as all men know, in Rochester far from sea,
That an email blew out of the internet by night, holding, my beautiful Mayo Dream.
Wowie, just got my ranked email--I interviewed 12/2 (exactly a week ago), so they must really be hitting turbo before the holidays.
Good luck during finals, everyone!
Good luck during finals, everyone!
Hi all - I was going to send an update but then I got a reviewed email - should I still send an update letter in or would that be a no-no? I do have significant research updates, but I'm also not sure if I should wait to either be accepted
or put on hold...since they won't be doing a review until probably two weeks from now?
I'm thinking about this way too much - loooooove Mayo...
or put on hold...since they won't be doing a review until probably two weeks from now?I'm thinking about this way too much - loooooove Mayo...
Hi all - I was going to send an update but then I got a reviewed email - should I still send an update letter in or would that be a no-no? I do have significant research updates, but I'm also not sure if I should wait to either be acceptedor put on hold...since they won't be doing a review until probably two weeks from now?
I'm thinking about this way too much - loooooove Mayo...
It doesn't hurt to send in significant updates now.
It doesn't hurt to send in significant updates now.
Agreed.
Agreed.
Ok sent! I'm reaaaaalllllyyyy hoping for good news! 😍
I will also prevent myself from analyzing when they might next send out emails/call people. !!!!!!!!
Ok sent! I'm reaaaaalllllyyyy hoping for good news! 😍
I will also prevent myself from analyzing when they might next send out emails/call people. !!!!!!!!
Fairly certain that'll be Monday...
I have enjoyed following this thread. I hope the adcoms are reading it and enjoying it as much as I am 🙂 As an employee of Mayo Clinic for close to 4 years now, I can say (in the famous words of Sinead O'Conner) "Nothing compares to you, [Mayo]".
To the future med students of Mayo Clinic Medical School, you won't be disappointed in being a part of this institution. Seriously. After pharmacy school, it is my hope to continue to be a part of it.
To the future med students of Mayo Clinic Medical School, you won't be disappointed in being a part of this institution. Seriously. After pharmacy school, it is my hope to continue to be a part of it.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fairly certain that'll be Monday...
It was on a Tuesday last time (the 30th)... so maybe tomorrow.
Jeez, I've managed to put the anticipation on the backburner and play it cool through this whole process, but these last hours of uncertainty are KILLING me. And I may not even get a decision tomorrow, since I was only ranked on the 9th. I need a hug.
Last edited:
It was on a Tuesday last time (the 30th)... so maybe tomorrow.
Jeez, I've managed to put the anticipation on the backburner and play it cool through this whole process, but these last hours of uncertainty are KILLING me. And I may not even get a decision tomorrow, since I was only ranked on the 9th. I need a hug.
Hugs all around!
I'm waiting for same 🙂
No Mayo news today? Anyone know when the next round of decisions will go out?
No Mayo news today? Anyone know when the next round of decisions will go out?
No news for me. I thought it was every two weeks, but whoooo knows these days.
Keep those chins up, you beautiful creatures. On the downside, it's freezing here now. On the upside, it's Mayo 😳) Good luck to all of you! As always, I will give the following advice: If you get nervous, you could ruminate on it and lose sleep. Or you could drink a beer (or eat some chocolate) (or both), smile, and realize that everything will be ok. If any of you need to be made fun of, just let me know! I'm good at that.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.