2010-2011 Mayo Clinic Application Thread

Started by ksmi117
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mayo Mayo!!! I think you had ample time to stare at my apps just ask me for a letter, just to make me feel better ... pretty plzzzzzzzzzz:xf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hadn't planned on applying to Mayo, but I couldn't resist. I just added...I'm a bit late, I know, but hopefully I have a chance. My numbers are borderline at best for Mayo, but I have some pretty unique stuff outside of numbers so I'm hoping for a chance. Good luck everyone.
 
I hadn't planned on applying to Mayo, but I couldn't resist. I just added...I'm a bit late, I know, but hopefully I have a chance. My numbers are borderline at best for Mayo, but I have some pretty unique stuff outside of numbers so I'm hoping for a chance. Good luck everyone.

I also added Mayo at the last minute, a week or so after my original school designations had been made through AMCAS. At the time I remember thinking "man, do I really want to waste this $30...I just don't think I have a chance."

Things have a funny way of working out at times.

:luck:
 
anyone else wondering when interview invites will start going out? i thought it'd be this weekend for sure...
 
Ok, I've always been confused about this. I submitted all my letters through AMCAS. Was that right? Should I have not put Mayo on the list for LORs? I don't understand the letter request. Do we have to do anything on our part? I just don't want to ask my letter writers to do anything else, they sent their letters to AMCAS, and I told them that's all they had to do!
 
Ok, I've always been confused about this. I submitted all my letters through AMCAS. Was that right? Should I have not put Mayo on the list for LORs? I don't understand the letter request. Do we have to do anything on our part? I just don't want to ask my letter writers t.o do anything else, they sent their letters to AMCAS, and I told them that's all they had to do!

Congrats on the LOR request! From what I understand, as long as you've designated specifics LORs to Mayo via AMCAS, you're good to go. The LOR request is essentially Mayo informing the applicant that their application is being taken to the next step.

:luck:
 
Caesar, if you designated them on AMCAS you're good to go. They'll send you a complete email when they've downloaded them. They took about a week for mine.
 
Ok, I've always been confused about this. I submitted all my letters through AMCAS. Was that right? Should I have not put Mayo on the list for LORs? I don't understand the letter request. Do we have to do anything on our part? I just don't want to ask my letter writers to do anything else, they sent their letters to AMCAS, and I told them that's all they had to do!

Make sure that you assign the letters to Mayo in the LOE section of AMCAS
 
So that you all know, we are starting school tomorrow with at least a week of staff-run orientation. They have a LOT going on right now (not that they ever really have it easy), but don't get too discouraged with a little silence.
 
I received an email saying they had downloaded my LORs. I originally assigned only three so things could get rolling. However, I have a couple more coming in that I would like to assign when they arrive. Will this slow-down or have any effect on the review of my application?
 
Forgive me if this has already been asked & answered, but for those of you who have received letter requests, about how much time elapsed between your payment confirmation and the request?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fee recieved 6/28, LOR request 7/1 I think. And they just got the letters on 7/15.

wow - in 3 days?! Were you verified very early in the cycle? What about those of you who got the LOR request recently - did you also only have to wait a few days (in other words, should I be getting ready to go buy myself a really large bucket of ice cream)?
 
Not that it's much of a difference, but I started getting secondaries on the 24th.

AMCAS said on their web page that they would not send primary applications to the schools until 6/26. THe schools confirmed that they could not access applications until then.

AACOMAS did send applications earlier than that, and the Texas schools are on a different system.
 
Hi! This is my first time using this forum. I am wondering how long it takes for AMCAS to verify the applications? Do they wait until they receive all the LORs before they verify the application? I've been waiting for 2 weeks now and I haven't receive the registration fee request email from Mayo. Thanks!
 
Hi! This is my first time using this forum. I am wondering how long it takes for AMCAS to verify the applications? Do they wait until they receive all the LORs before they verify the application? I've been waiting for 2 weeks now and I haven't receive the registration fee request email from Mayo.

You won't get the fee request until the AMCAS is verified. Are your transcripts in yet? After the transcripts are received, it takes between 2 and 6 weeks.
 
Hi! This is my first time using this forum. I am wondering how long it takes for AMCAS to verify the applications? Do they wait until they receive all the LORs before they verify the application? I've been waiting for 2 weeks now and I haven't receive the registration fee request email from Mayo.

AMCAS verifies your application for transcript/course history accuracy. They don't look at LORs at all. At this point, I believe it's taking several weeks to process the paperwork. Once you are "verified" by AMCAS, Mayo will review your app for a certain cutoff (supposedly), and then they will send you a fee request. Don't panic as these take time. It also sounds like you haven't been "verified" yet...AMCAS will send you an email when your file has been verified.
 
You won't get the fee request until the AMCAS is verified. Are your transcripts in yet? After the transcripts are received, it takes between 2 and 6 weeks.

Thanks EdLongshanks! I sent my transcripts before I submit the primary application. It just seems like everyone is so ahead of me!!! I feel so behind. 🙁
 
AMCAS verifies your application for transcript/course history accuracy. They don't look at LORs at all. At this point, I believe it's taking several weeks to process the paperwork. Once you are "verified" by AMCAS, Mayo will review your app for a certain cutoff (supposedly), and then they will send you a fee request. Don't panic as these take time. It also sounds like you haven't been "verified" yet...AMCAS will send you an email when your file has been verified.

Thanks Asyouwereatrio! You are right! I am still waiting for AMCAS to verify my application. I guess Mayo does screen the primary applications because I received secondaries from some other schools already.
 
I thought that Mayo didn't read the AMCAS primary until after you pay the fee.

Word on the block (a few pages ago) is that they screen based on some formula...very low cutoff htough. I could be wrong/remember the wrong info. In any case, it doesn't happen til post-verification of AMCAS..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow - in 3 days?! Were you verified very early in the cycle? What about those of you who got the LOR request recently - did you also only have to wait a few days (in other words, should I be getting ready to go buy myself a really large bucket of ice cream)?
\
Im with you 🙁
 
Hello all. I posted this earlier and didn't get any answer, sorry for posting again, but I would like to get some feedback. I received an email saying I was "complete" and they had downloaded my letters. Originally, I only posted three letters so things could get rolling. I will be receiving more letters in the near future and would like them to be added to my file. If I assign them on AMCAS, will it automatically notify the school? Also, what would be the effect on my application being processed? Would it slow it down? Thanks for any feedback. I appreciate it!
 
Hello all. I posted this earlier and didn't get any answer, sorry for posting again, but I would like to get some feedback. I received an email saying I was "complete" and they had downloaded my letters. Originally, I only posted three letters so things could get rolling. I will be receiving more letters in the near future and would like them to be added to my file. If I assign them on AMCAS, will it automatically notify the school? Also, what would be the effect on my application being processed? Would it slow it down? Thanks for any feedback. I appreciate it!

Sorry, I wish I could help! I'd contact the admissions office.
 
Verified this morning, received the initial fee request about 18 hours later. Please give me a LOR request!!! 🙂
 
I know you were asking someone else, but I received the fee request today, was verified yesterday and submitted amcas on June 29th or 30th.

thanks, very helpful. I submitted july 2, was starting to get a little antsy as to when it would be verified. good luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wondering how the new first years first couple days have gone. let us know ;-)

We have had orientation this entire week, so it's been quite relaxed. Most of the time is spent learning about Mayo and hanging out with each other. A lot of fun and very little work🙂! The class seems to be getting along quite well and we are already having a great time. Mayo definitely picks a lot of socially-competent, fun people😉.

Good luck all!
 
They must be running a little bit later than last year's schedule. I noticed one kid had an interview on the 17th. S'ok though. Take your time Mayo 🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.