2010-2011 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snail mail rejection of my post-secondary appeal came today, over a month after I emailed it.
Same for me, a very kind letter via snail mail. :(

Ah, well. It's been a good cycle, and now I can put my efforts full speed ahead for the next application cycle. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Same for me, a very kind letter via snail mail. :(

Ah, well. It's been a good cycle, and now I can put my efforts full speed ahead for the next application cycle. :thumbup:

^ I'm so sorry, but you've fought the good fight. Best of luck to you!

(Your story is really inspiring, and I've been rooting for you all the way :oops:)

^ I'm so sorry, but you've fought the good fight. Best of luck to you!

(Your story is really inspiring, and I've been rooting for you all the way :oops:)
Thank you, for your words. They mean a lot. Best of luck to all this year, or next as the case may be. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you, for your words. They mean a lot. Best of luck to all this year, or next as the case may be. :luck:

I'm sorry to hear Dianyla. I received the same snail mail. Best of luck the rest of the way and to prep for next cycle.

Since 3 people posted about rejected appeals at pretty much the same time, I'm kind of wondering whether our appeals were rejected because they're out of interview slots.

Since 3 people posted about rejected appeals at pretty much the same time, I'm kind of wondering whether our appeals were rejected because they're out of interview slots.
I'm fairly certain this is the case, since as of last week there was only one interview date in February showing any availability. No more slots, so game over. It's how it goes, I guess.

It is comforting to know that they held onto our appeals and might have given us an interview if enough slots remained. :)

I know a lot of people are still waiting to hear back/not even sure where they are going yet...but for those of you who are accepted come join the UCSF c/o 2015 thread! I think it would be a great to bounce ideas/questions off each other there. Good luck to everyone!!!

Where is said thread? I didn't see it when I ran a search.

For any accepted students, has your status page "college transcripts" box been changed from pending to received? I sent them in over a month ago and my acceptance form box has been checked for awhile but no change on the transcripts.

yo! has anyone heard back about the MSTP post-interview?
when are we supposed to find out?

For any accepted students, has your status page "college transcripts" box been changed from pending to received? I sent them in over a month ago and my acceptance form box has been checked for awhile but no change on the transcripts.

Mine changed to received. You might want to double check with them or your transcript company - sometimes the companies can be pretty slow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my interview for February 24. Hope this helps someone out!

Anyone who interviewed on Jan 10th or later hear anything from the admissions office since? Silence is deafening...

Anyone who interviewed on Jan 10th or later hear anything from the admissions office since? Silence is deafening...

The admissions staff informed us that it will take them 2 months after your interview to respond when I went there in late Jan. One month to go through the committee and one month to get approved by the chair (or something along those lines). Jan people should hear in March.

did anyone get a thin envelope yesterday? i was in the depths of despair before seeing that it's only explaining how to apply for financial aid.

man. perhaps they should put a "THIS IS NOT A REJECTION" on the outside of these mailings.

(btw i interviewed 1st week of january)

Did anyone applying to the MSTP get an email today about the next steps in the process? The email seemed poorly worded - does anyone else have any insight?

Did anyone applying to the MSTP get an email today about the next steps in the process? The email seemed poorly worded - does anyone else have any insight?

Ha. You mean the email that basically said, "we are sending you an email that tells you absolutely nothing-- you actually might get news in mid March"? Because yes, I did get that email.

Ha. You mean the email that basically said, "we are sending you an email that tells you absolutely nothing-- you actually might get news in mid March"? Because yes, I did get that email.

yeah, it's frustrating. I just hope that if we're not in the top 36, they let us know now, instead of making everyone wait until mid-march.

yeah, it's frustrating. I just hope that if we're not in the top 36, they let us know now, instead of making everyone wait until mid-march.

Right, because obviously, the people not in the top 36 are not going to be accepted, and they already know that now. So I'm not sure why they didn't send two emails, one saying "You're in the top 36, keep waiting", and another saying "You're not in the top 36, sorry."

Haha I got this letter today too. I was checking the mail and immediately thought it was a rejection because they said they would let us know of acceptance in mid march. I was thinking I must have done something extremely outrageous for them to reject me within two weeks.

did anyone get a thin envelope yesterday? i was in the depths of despair before seeing that it's only explaining how to apply for financial aid.

man. perhaps they should put a "THIS IS NOT A REJECTION" on the outside of these mailings.

(btw i interviewed 1st week of january)

hey! just got freakin awesome news about regular md today! i interviewed 1/13. soooo excited. good luck to all waiting to hear back.

hey! just got freakin awesome news about regular md today! i interviewed 1/13. soooo excited. good luck to all waiting to hear back.

did you get a letter in the mail or were you notified through status update? thanks! and congratulations!

did you get a letter in the mail or were you notified through status update? thanks! and congratulations!

thanks :) got a letter snail mail! also, the link to the status page is no longer working for me. does anyone know what the correct link is?

thanks :) got a letter snail mail! also, the link to the status page is no longer working for me. does anyone know what the correct link is?

+1 Got the Fin Aid Letter
+1 Link not working - Tried to Google and search UCSF site for new link - no luck.

Last edited:
My status page has been updated to: "Congratulations on your acceptance!"

I interviewed January 4, CA resident. Received nothing in the mail yet. Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
checked my status and accepted!!! woot! no letter in the mail yet. interviewed way back in late november.

Congrats everyone! My dream has been UCSF....I'm applying this summer, and even just an interview would be a dream come true <3 Right now, those getting accepted have such surreal applications, here's to hoping they like me for me :) (ahem, lower than average gpa and all lol)

Right now, those getting accepted have such surreal applications, here's to hoping they like me for me :) (ahem, lower than average gpa and all lol)

Funny you should mention--I'm one of those people with a below-average GPA :) It's hard not to get demoralized, but remember that the people who readily post their stats here are only a small portion of the entire pool. Good luck with your applications, berries&cream!

Funny you should mention--I'm one of those people with a below-average GPA :) It's hard not to get demoralized, but remember that the people who readily post their stats here are only a small portion of the entire pool. Good luck with your applications, berries&cream!
Hm, I've been following this thread since the start--you're a non trad right? And you're extremely right, its hard to wrap my brain around the fact that people I'm applying with have a 40/4.0. I have seen that on this thread. But thank you. I know this is my place to be, and they'll know that next year :) again, congrats!!!

So I just created a profile for this. I got the big letter today. Accepted to UCSF for class of 2011! This is to give other people who are going against the odds hope. I decided to become pre-med at the end of my junior year, when I had a 3.4 in Chemical Engineering. Busted my ass for the MCAT, got a 38S and by the time I graduated, pulled up my GPA to a 3.52. I still never thought this could happen.

congrats! when did you interview?

So I just created a profile for this. I got the big letter today. Accepted to UCSF for class of 2011! This is to give other people who are going against the odds hope. I decided to become pre-med at the end of my junior year, when I had a 3.4 in Chemical Engineering. Busted my ass for the MCAT, got a 38S and by the time I graduated, pulled up my GPA to a 3.52. I still never thought this could happen.

Interviewed on 1/4. The letter was signed 2/24 and it was mailed first class.

hm, anyone who interviewed on the 6th of Jan... and heard back?

Did anyone here wait >10 weeks to hear back post-interview? I interviewed mid-December and still haven't got anything in the mail or on the status page. Good luck to everyone!

Did anyone here wait >10 weeks to hear back post-interview? I interviewed mid-December and still haven't got anything in the mail or on the status page. Good luck to everyone!

I interviewed at the beginning of November and only heard back from the MD program at the very end of February, so I wouldn't worry.

Hey seeing as we are in March now, some people must have had the PRIME interviews? Has any one here had one and if so, could you tell us about it?

Accepted this weekend after being HPL-ed last month. SOOOO didnt see that one coming!!!!!

Accepted this weekend after being HPL-ed last month. SOOOO didnt see that one coming!!!!!

And can you explain if by last month, you meant January or February (since we just crossed into March)?

parent called me in Mexico on Saturday to say that I got an acceptance letter, thought they must be confused and didnt beleive it until online status switched to "accepted" pdf on sunday night.

I was in the first batch of HPL in Jan. So crazy!! I thought I had NO chance after the HPL... so keep on truckin all of my fellow HPL-ers!

Status
Not open for further replies.