2024-2025 UC San Francisco

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

also - is the match list for UCSF getting weaker year by year? heard this rumor from somewhere but dont know because 2024 not available
Bro 💀😭 Respectfully, you need to get off SDN and touch grass. You haven't even applied yet and, even if you have a perfect app, the likelihood of you getting into UCSF or Duke (the schools you've commented on) is very low. Comparing match lists is also effectively worthless because in theory a given class at a school could all be interested in FM or peds. If everyone went FM would you think lesser of the school? lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"if everyone went FM would you think lesser of the school"

1740619755653.png


in UCSF's case I already think significantly lower of the school
 
Does anyone have any predictions for when the next post ii decisions wave will be? I was looking on last years thread and it was 3/2 (a Friday), but wasn't sure what other people thought. I interviewed on 1/31 and am really excited about UCSF 😀
 
When are accepted students able to apply for ucsf housing/what does the timeline look like? Any insight from current students would be appreciated.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the rough estimate of the total cost of 4 years for OOS? Is UCSF usually generous with financial aid?
I would imagine the cost-of-attendance is on their website, as most schools have it listed

Average graduating debt is easy enough to look up at about $135k, with something like 70-ish% of students being IS
 
Hold up maybe this is a 5pm PST switcheroo...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The past two years JMP heard back As by like 10-11 AM PST which was the sign decisions would be released later in the day. I don't think there were any reported JMP As this morning (unless they've done all those decisions already lol) so maybe it isn't today ? idk I'm losing it
 
The past two years JMP heard back As by like 10-11 AM PST which was the sign decisions would be released later in the day. I don't think there were any reported JMP As this morning (unless they've done all those decisions already lol) so maybe it isn't today ? idk I'm losing it
I agree. It really must be next week. I've told too many ppl it was today.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone on here interviewed and accepted to the PRIME program at UCSF of UCDavis, would you be up for sharing via DM about the experience/process? Thanks so much! And CONGRATS to all accepted students.

I received a secondary from UCSF this year but no II. Planning to retake MCAT and specifically interested in the serving underserved communities aspect and want to strengthen my app.
 
Hi all I don't mean to spam but I'm guessing it is assumed it will be this upcoming Friday (3/14/2025)? Like is it a fs thing they only release on Fridays?
 
Feb release this year was on a Thursday and last year the second release date was on a Wednesday, so I don’t think it’s a fs thing unfortunately 😭
ooohhh I see. Thank you so much for that info I was assuming it was a Friday or bust type of release schedule.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad