You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UC San Francisco
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Also waiting 🙂Have any recently accepted students been let into the groupme? I’ve been pending since last week and I was wondering if it was just me lol
cantwaittodeletethis
Full Member
Me too! Same with facebookHave any recently accepted students been let into the groupme? I’ve been pending since last week and I was wondering if it was just me lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cantwaittodeletethis
Full Member
did anyone hear from their interviewer AFTER an acceptance?
Yepdid anyone hear from their interviewer AFTER an acceptance?
does anyone who was accepted know how many people are in the Facebook group? And are most people who were accepted planning on going? I’ve seen that some years have no waitlist movement and some have quite a bit so I’m just tryna come to terms with it if it seems like it prolly won’t happen
myaccount123
Full Member
not accepted but i see 114 loldoes anyone who was accepted know how many people are in the Facebook group? And are most people who were accepted planning on going? I’ve seen that some years have no waitlist movement and some have quite a bit so I’m just tryna come to terms with it if it seems like it prolly won’t happen
I am currently in the FB group and group me and no one has really talked about second look. This is probably because they have not sent out an official email for the weekend.does anyone who was accepted know how many people are in the Facebook group? And are most people who were accepted planning on going? I’ve seen that some years have no waitlist movement and some have quite a bit so I’m just tryna come to terms with it if it seems like it prolly won’t happen
10 or so are admins too... time to obsessively refresh the member count until May 1st 😭not accepted but i see 114 lol
cantwaittodeletethis
Full Member
hey, I wouldn’t use the group number as a source of info right now. There are a lot of accepted people who haven’t been able to join the group yet (admins haven’t approved yet) :/10 or so are admins too... time to obsessively refresh the member count until May 1st 😭
Yea, guess we got post WL R feelsbadmanAnyone on the waitlist not have UCSF on the choose your medical school tool?
purplelvr30
New Member
Doesn’t ucsf go through waitlists in May usually? Or is it common to get a post WL R before May?Yea, guess we got post WL R feelsbadman
Nah they come through may just being sarcasticDoesn’t ucsf go through waitlists in May usually? Or is it common to get a post WL R before May?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
Wait sorry can you explain this further? I’m waitlisted for the JMP and med school, but I didn’t see anything where I needed to take further action 👀Anyone on the waitlist not have UCSF on the choose your medical school tool?
Waitlist status should appear on CYMS, but for some reason UCSF has not updated it. Nothing we can really do on our part tbhWait sorry can you explain this further? I’m waitlisted for the JMP and med school, but I didn’t see anything where I needed to take further action 👀
They added WLs to CYMS
D
deleted1150732
Does anyone know the waitlist rules surrounding CYMS? I know that we have to select one school to attend by April 30th, but if I wish to remain on the WL for UCSF while also selecting one of my acceptances, can I?
Yea, but you have to select PTE. Only do CTE if you no longer care about the WL or the CTE deadline for your school is up.Does anyone know the waitlist rules surrounding CYMS? I know that we have to select one school to attend by April 30th, but if I wish to remain on the WL for UCSF while also selecting one of my acceptances, can I?
D
deleted1184058
does FAFSA still show 'not received' on the financial aid documents & messages for anyone? everything else shows received. any idea on when UCSF will send out financial aid packages?
I think a lot of schools are delayed. This won't really answer your question, but is what a SDN admin posted yesterday in regards to financial aid matters:does FAFSA still show 'not received' on the financial aid documents & messages for anyone? everything else shows received. any idea on when UCSF will send out financial aid packages?
FYI: The AAMC provided the following recommendations for students holding acceptances but waiting to get scholarship information based on FAFSA before choosing which school to attend:
- If they have questions for schools where they have been accepted, they should ask the school's admissions office directly.
- They can ask when the school anticipates making and communicating decisions related to scholarships and loans (for most situations, loans are a given and may not typically be sent until later, so scholarship decisions is likely the pertinent question to help applicants make decisions)
- If this is after the April 15 and 30th protocol and CTE (Commit to Enroll) dates, they can ask if the school is willing to allow time to decide until scholarship decisions are made and communicated.
By emailAnyone know where WL peeps can send an update? Don't see anything on the portal.
additionalrabbit
Full Member
I have not yet, personally! Anyone else?Has anyone heard back about their aid packages?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredoctoryakwtfgo
New Member
I just got an estimated aid package a couple minutes agoHas anyone heard back about their aid packages?
sweet_human
Full Member
Are people who are on the Alt List also receiving these?
Are people who are on the Alt List also receiving these?
No notification for me
Not everyone who is accepted has gotten a package! Not sure why some ppl are getting them faster or not but they seem to be slowly rolling them out rather than all at once
+1 and it was VERY generous, like surprisingly generousI just got an estimated aid package a couple minutes ago
sweet_human
Full Member
Did you also receive a separate aid package for the JMP? (I'm on alt list for both, but just curious how they compare!)+1 and it was VERY generous, like surprisingly generous
Nope! I think for JMP we are supposed to get our estimates from Berkeley, but I have only received a letter from UCSF (nada from Berkeley)Did you also receive a separate aid package for the JMP? (I'm on alt list for both, but just curious how they compare!)
additionalrabbit
Full Member
My aid package is essentially nothing and I'm very much freaking out. I was a Cal/Pell grant/work study recipient, and now I'm nontrad/FAP recipient, and my parents are both retired and cannot help me out so .. I have been crying all day
+1+1 and it was VERY generous, like surprisingly generous
So psyched for this place
D
deleted1184058
Hi everyone, received a financial aid award estimate letter yesterday. Letter says "You have been awarded a full tuition and fees scholarship". Does that mean a full-ride including housing or only tuition. Currently on alt list for regular MD, was accepted into SJV PRIME.
The wording indicates that housing/living expenses are not included.Hi everyone, received a financial aid award estimate letter yesterday. Letter says "You have been awarded a full tuition and fees scholarship". Does that mean a full-ride including housing or only tuition. Currently on alt list for regular MD, was accepted into SJV PRIME.
The loan amount you would need for just those things would be manageable.
AnxiousPremed#5000
New Member
Has anyone else, who has been accepted, not gotten their financial aid package/estimate yet?
I'm so sorry - I remember feeling similarly panicked a few years ago when I got in and wondering how on earth I would come up with the money without more aid or help from family (I was 31 when I started at UCSF). I would try to take a breath and remember it is doable. You got into med school! Your dream of becoming and MD is in reach, even if it means things may have to be a little "lean" the next few years.My aid package is essentially nothing and I'm very much freaking out. I was a Cal/Pell grant/work study recipient, and now I'm nontrad/FAP recipient, and my parents are both retired and cannot help me out so .. I have been crying all day
It's a reasonable thing to worry about, but in retrospect I wish I hadn't let the anxiety get to me as much. By the 4th year of residency I am earning triple what my UCSF tuition was. I can make $1-2k in one moonlighting shift. I'm still in an expensive city and there's ongoing discussions about the financial stress on residents especially given many are still paying back educational loans, but our program has been receptive and even starting giving out a housing stipend to offset the rising rent.
Be in touch with the financial aid office. It never hurts to let them know that you'd be interested in whatever work-study or scholarship applications they might know of. And if you get a better financial aid packed elsewhere, seriously consider taking it. No one will hold it against you and you'll make someone on the wait list very happy. You've got this.
Sorry for the neuroticism, but for those accepted and in the GroupMe, has there been movement out of it since the narrowing to three schools “deadline”? And does it seem like there may be movement this year or nah
Not accepted, but I've been monitoring the Facebook page for accepted students (currently at 165-10 admins) and there hasn't been any movement there this past week or so. There might be a lot of people that haven't yet joined, however.Sorry for the neuroticism, but for those accepted and in the GroupMe, has there been movement out of it since the narrowing to three schools “deadline”? And does it seem like there may be movement this year or nah
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since Monday, 3 people have left the Groupme! 5 or 6 have joined though, I assume maybe from waitlist or they just found out about it later? Not sureSorry for the neuroticism, but for those accepted and in the GroupMe, has there been movement out of it since the narrowing to three schools “deadline”? And does it seem like there may be movement this year or nah
sweet_human
Full Member
Hmmmm I think WL movement doesn't start until May 1? I could be wrong
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
Yep nothing starts til then — I’m betting they are joining in preparation of the admit weekend which is starting tomorrowHmmmm I think WL movement doesn't start until May 1? I could be wrong
Where can I find the groupme link for accepted students??
Last edited:
D
deleted1175672
What did people think of second look?