You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UC San Francisco
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Withdrawing from UCSF and from the UC Berkeley/UCSF JMP - wishing the best of luck to all my WL homies!! (these As hurt the most to give up ngl 😭)
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
D-day guys 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
The closer we get to summer, the less time we have to acceptDoes anyone know how long would we have to accept a position off the waitlist? I've seen at some other places anywhere between 2 days to a week but can't find this info online for UCSF.
How do we think waitlist movement will be like this cycle?
The updated waitlist procedures say 50/150 so we'll seeHow do we think waitlist movement will be like this cycle?
Last year it looks like it was May 3rd. Maybe @MercifulCamper can give us the inside scoop 👀When do we think they will start giving out As from the waitlist?
D
deleted1141024
Tbh I don't know. I am not affiliated with the admissions team at all. What I do know is last year they under-admitted so there was a lot of waitlist movement. The year before mine they over-admitted and I think the class above me has like 15-20 more students than mine so there was very little waitlist movement. I have no clue what the trend is this year. Good luck to y'all!Last year it looks like it was May 3rd. Maybe @MercifulCamper can give us the inside scoop 👀
Last edited by a moderator:
stinkygoose00
Full Member
Accepted students, has anyone left the groupme? Trying to give myself a reality check 😅
17 people have left since Monday!Accepted students, has anyone left the groupme? Trying to give myself a reality check 😅
Dang, what's the total person count, if you don't mind17 people have left since Monday!
144 but it includes quite a few current students 🙂Dang, what's the total person count, if you don't mind
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bro I've been refreshing this page an unhealthy amount of time today. Last year they heard back on May 3rd at like 5 or 6pm PSTHas anyone on the alternate list heard back yet?
bro I've been refreshing this page an unhealthy amount of time today. Last year they heard back on May 3rd at like 5 or 6pm PST
Ugh same [emoji24]
We got baited once again 🤡
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
Rip us all
lemonsnake
Full Member
I called the admissions office earlier and asked about when to expect to hear back about the waitlist. They said mid-May because of the FASFA delay.
sweet_human
Full Member
Thanks for asking! Does that mean they intend to send financial aid offers with the decisions?
californiaforever
Full Member
Can any accepted students speak on how generous financial aid packages have been and if the vibes are good financially?
The need-based aid was very generous in my experience and on par with private institutions of the same tier
Thank you for sparing me a ton of anxiety bro 🤧I called the admissions office earlier and asked about when to expect to hear back about the waitlist. They said mid-May because of the FASFA delay.
Why does the fafsa delay impact anything? I thought accepted students already got their financial package?
I think some people got their aid package before others. I think they might also be calculating aid for the people that will be accepted from the WLWhy does the fafsa delay impact anything? I thought accepted students already got their financial package?
D
deleted1150732
has anyone on the WL gotten their aid package? or will it be only be sent should we get accepted?
Accepted students only got estimated aid, so maybe they are trying to send out the official packages before addressing the WL? I have not gotten an official package yet, but I can update you when we do!
Accepted students only got estimated aid, so maybe they are trying to send out the official packages before addressing the WL? I have not gotten an official package yet, but I can update you when we do!
Ok, thank you so much!
lemonsnake
Full Member
They told me the FASFA delay affects waitlist because accepted students asked for more time to hold their acceptance since their FA offer wasn’t finalized. So there isn’t WL movement until they get their FA info from admissions and decide what to do with their spot.Thanks for asking! Does that mean they intend to send financial aid offers with the decisions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did it seem like there would be movement when u called?They told me the FASFA delay affects waitlist because accepted students asked for more time to hold their acceptance since their FA offer wasn’t finalized. So there isn’t WL movement until they get their FA info from admissions and decide what to do with their spot.
D
deleted1150732
I GOT THE A!!!! AHHH
Congrats! email or phone call?
D
deleted1150732
has your portal updated yet btw?WL A IS TODAY LETSSSS GOOOO! (sent intent within an update letter)
D
deleted1150732
email!Congrats! email or phone call?
it hasn't no, i know for other UCs the portal took about a day to update for mehas your portal updated yet btw?
You two IS? Any OOS ppl get off WL?has your portal updated yet btw?
D
deleted1150732
yep I'm ISYou two IS? Any OOS ppl get off WL?
Got off the WL lads!!! OOS!!
Got off the WL lads!!! OOS!!
YESSS GO PABLO
D
deleted1137407
Got off the WL lads!!! OOS!!
Congrats brother!!!!!
Congrats brother!!!!!
Thank you 😍YESSS GO PABLO
BRO LETS GOOO!!!!Got off the WL lads!!! OOS!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sweet_human
Full Member
Congrats all!! Got off the WL earlier today as well (IS), and feeling super grateful. Any idea on around what time the portal updates tomorrow?
Congrats bro!!! Glad to see the homies out here winning hahahGot off the WL lads!!! OOS!!
Gormeh Sabzi
Full Member
Do y'all think there will be more movement? And is it wise to send a letter of intent if I don't have any significant updates?
Do y'all think there will be more movement? And is it wise to send a letter of intent if I don't have any significant updates?
They don’t accept LOIs
Gormeh Sabzi
Full Member
Ah ok thanks. Guess all I can do is wait and pray at this point lolThey don’t accept LOIs