2023-2024 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Post II R 10/31 yup that one hurt

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone with a january interview receive a post-II R yesterday?

Reactions: 1 users
If you are on the alternate list, are you writing a letter of update? UCSF's website says letter of intents are not necessary and not included in the application materials. Are update letters still considered?

If you are on the alternate list, are you writing a letter of update? UCSF's website says letter of intents are not necessary and not included in the application materials. Are update letters still considered?

I haven’t heard back yet but take a look at the bottom of the pdf they sent you with your interview day schedule. You can email them with an update (up to two pages). I would write one if you have any changes you would like to update them on since submitting your application.

People who got accepted, did you indicate you would attend on the UCSF website? Is that different from the AMCAS commit tool?

For those who were accepted, does anyone see UCSF in the AMCAS choose your medical school tool?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Interviewed on 01/09/24 for MD/PRIME/JMP. I called earlier in the month to admissions and received exact responses as other applicants. The person I have talked to has consistently been the same person I spoke with prior, the day of, and after the interview. From what it seems like that the people answering phone calls and emails have minimal knowledge and access about individual applicants status, since I was told she couldnt even access much on my account. I do like to emphasize she has been really nice and helpful when I needed assistance to addressing my day of interview questions and the additional application process for the JMP via UC Berkley websites. I havent received a rejection as of today and it looks like I am joining the many waiting for an update in March :/ Still think its crazy to even receive an interview from UCSF. Although no acceptance yet perseverance, self-awareness and dedication of why medicine exceeds below average mcat scores and GPAs. Good luck to everyone! Wishing yall the best!

IS Pre-II R just now. Complete 8/15. Of note, I was a JMP applicant. This one is big sad

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
There it is folks. IS Pre-II R for me as well. Complete 8/14. Annoyed they didn’t do this earlier tbh lol but it is what it is. Congrats to those who have gotten the A and good luck to those of you waiting!

• Care
  • Sad
Pre-ll R. IS, complete in August. Good luck friends!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R, complete late September :( expected but still very sad about it, I wish they’d just rejected us earlier rather than letting us hope!

• Care
Sooo random but pls help fam - I was looking through old mail and found a letter from ucsf finaid office telling me to apply?? But I have not heard back about a decision (interviewed 1/22)... what does this mean lol I remember they said apply early but i don't need to apply unless im accepted? Help? LOL

Reactions: 1 user
Sooo random but pls help fam - I was looking through old mail and found a letter from ucsf finaid office telling me to apply?? But I have not heard back about a decision (interviewed 1/22)... what does this mean lol I remember they said apply early but i don't need to apply unless im accepted? Help? LOL
It means nothing. I got it and I was rejected

Reactions: 2 users

I think you have to make an account within 45 days (I think can’t remember exactly what it said) of receiving the letter. So it’s better to do it just in case. I interviewed the same day as you and haven’t heard back but logged in anyway

• Love
I think you have to make an account within 45 days (I think can’t remember exactly what it said) of receiving the letter. So it’s better to do it just in case. I interviewed the same day as you and haven’t heard back but logged in anyway
Wonderful thank you! And yea will probably hear back by the end of the month? Ig tbd

I was accepted a little over a week ago but I never received the financial aid packet in the mail, can you fill out the financial aid application without it? Are the necessary info/forms online anywhere?

I was accepted a little over a week ago but I never received the financial aid packet in the mail, can you fill out the financial aid application without it? Are the necessary info/forms online anywhere?

The financial aid letter includes a username and password they generated for you to log in, so I think you need it.

I'm filling out financial aid form online -- I know SF is obviously crazy, so what's a reasonable estimate for rent if you have 1-2 roommates?

I'm filling out financial aid form online -- I know SF is obviously crazy, so what's a reasonable estimate for rent if you have 1-2 roommates?
They have some different housing options on their website. I think I put around 2k based on those, but idk if that's reasonable lol.

I think more like 1500-1800 is reasonable with roommates especially near the parnassus campus

Yes, I split a 2 bed/1 bath with 1 roommate for $1500 + utilities off-campus. UCSF campus housing was a little cheaper when I was there. Granted, this was 5 years ago, but when I looked at housing again recently, it seemed pretty similar.

Housing is about 1600-1800 both on and off campus if you live with roommates. For the most convenience, you will want to live near Parnassus (inner-sunset neighborhood) at least for the first year because 95% of required in-person things are here. Mission Bay is like a 20 minute shuttle without traffic and can be even longer with traffic. You can also live elsewhere but inner-sunset is relatively cheap for SF and in my opinion its one of the safest neighborhoods in the city.

has anyone who has submitted an app update via email gotten a confirmation ? I haven't so I was just wondering. thanks!

has anyone who has submitted an app update via email gotten a confirmation ? I haven't so I was just wondering. thanks!
I submitted an update and did not get confirmation. Wondering if I should double email and ask if they got it
i didn't receive a confirmation at first, emailed again about a week after, and they confirmed it was uploaded after my second email

I’m so sick of waiting I’m so stressed please ucsf break the silence

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
They haven’t released decisions for anyone who interviewed late January. So there’s still hope for the next wave that should hopefully be coming out in the next couple of weeks

Last edited by a moderator: