You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UC San Francisco
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
jefe_piglet
Full Member
Hi! I was wondering if there was any lurking med students/ residents who can shoot me a DM for how they found off-campus housing! Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1150732
^ wondering the same as well!Hi! I was wondering if there was any lurking med students/ residents who can shoot me a DM for how they found off-campus housing! Thanks!
sweet_human
Full Member
For those of you who received your financial aid package - did it also include costs of housing (and the aid to cover it)? Or perhaps in general, did your aid package include what's being covered (like health insurance, tuition, housing, etc.)?
stinkygoose00
Full Member
saw that the FB is up to 179 members... do we think WL movement is p much over
saw that the FB is up to 179 members... do we think WL movement is p much over
Please don’t do this to me 🥲
medamind92
New Member
My heart sunk when I saw the +14 new members in the fb group and that the group me went up to 150 🥲 I have no self control, the number of times I’ve checked the fb and refreshed SDN is insane but I can’t get myself to stop 😭 I still have hope though since last year there were 5 days of reported movement on SDN, once each week in May. Fingers crossed for more movement this week!
Got off the WL (IS) today via email!
Congrats! When did you get the email?
truncatedheron
New Member
Are waitlists need blind? I heard they’re not at some schools..
truncatedheron
New Member
Do we think the waitlists will keep moving?
Do we think the waitlists will keep moving?
I hope so
Any updates on groupme or Facebook group size?
Group me is 164. Someone just left. There are some M1s in there, though. Facebook is at 191.Any updates on groupme or Facebook group size?
Not sure if these are perfect estimates. The Facebook does have at least 11 M1s/admins and seems kinda outdated.Group me is 164. Someone just left. There are some M1s in there, though. Facebook is at 191.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure if these are perfect estimates. The Facebook does have at least 11 M1s/admins and seems kinda outdated.
Thanks!
truncatedheron
New Member
Just got an A off the WL (IS)!
Congrats!!Just got an A off the WL (IS)!
sweet_human
Full Member
Did anyone receive their official FA package yet?
NopeDid anyone receive their official FA package yet?
xNinjaBurrito1
Full Member
Hey I don't suppose you're cooking up a Sankey, are you? 18 IIs is nuts and I'd love to see the breakdownNope
Haha appreciate the love. I might release one in June. Waiting for some buddies of mine to hear back from WLs so we can make them together 🙂Hey I don't suppose you're cooking up a Sankey, are you? 18 IIs is nuts and I'd love to see the breakdown
OMG I GOT IN OFF THE WAITLIST IS
BRO OMG OMG OMG. FROM NO DUB TO A TOP 5 ACCETANCE GUCKING CONGRATS MAN. CELEBRATE WITH 12 BEERS ASAPOMG I GOT IN OFF THE WAITLIST IS
BRO OMG OMG OMG. FROM NO DUB TO A TOP 5 ACCETANCE GUCKING CONGRATS MAN. CELEBRATE WITH 12 BEERS ASAP
HAHA THANK YOU!!!
Yoo grats!!OMG I GOT IN OFF THE WAITLIST IS
Wow Congrats!! You deserve this 🙂OMG I GOT IN OFF THE WAITLIST IS
Thank you both!
never been so happy for a stranger before!!! congrats!!!OMG I GOT IN OFF THE WAITLIST IS
never been so happy for a stranger before!!! congrats!!!
Thank you!! [emoji22]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
orangemonkey
New Member
Congratulations!!!!! You are going to be an amazing doctor! UCSF is so so lucky to have you!OMG I GOT IN OFF THE WAITLIST IS
Congratulations!!!!! You are going to be an amazing doctor! UCSF is so so lucky to have you!
Thank you!! [emoji3590][emoji24]
donutdawgs
Full Member
CONGRATS!! So happy for you!!OMG I GOT IN OFF THE WAITLIST IS
CONGRATS!! So happy for you!!
Thank you!!
JustTryingToVibe
New Member
To qualify for in-state resident tuition next year, do people know if we have to get a California drivers license/ register to vote in California this Fall? Excited to meet everyone!
medamind92
New Member
do we think WL movement is done? any accepted students in the fb/group me have any insight?
do we think WL movement is done? any accepted students in the fb/group me have any insight?
Two people joined the GroupMe on the 2nd and someone left that day as well. I also know someone who was accepted recently and hasn’t been let into the GroupMe yet. So there’s still some movement happening
medamind92
New Member
thank you!Two people joined the GroupMe on the 2nd and someone left that day as well. I also know someone who was accepted recently and hasn’t been let into the GroupMe yet. So there’s still some movement happening
Hey, do you think you could share / upload the MSTP prompts for those of us applying this year?MSTP secondary received 11/18, verified 7/13
ratgirl1313
New Member
I was accepted from the WL last week (IS)! & I wish you the best of luck as wellAny movement from WL?

Cindiloo
New Member
I was accepted from the WL last week (IS)! & I wish you the best of luck as well
Congrats! How much time did they give you to accept the offer? Trying to gauge if there might be more acceptances off WL.I was accepted from the WL last week (IS)! & I wish you the best of luck as well![]()
ratgirl1313
New Member
I was given 5 business days to decide (& thank you!)
I emailed the admissions office about the repeat in prompt for "2. If you are 2023 or earlier college graduate, please use the space below to tell us what you have done since completing your undergraduate degree. (350 words)", and this is their response:
Thank you for seeking clarification. To confirm, the question is correctly written, and the committee is only seeking responses from those who graduated in 2023 or earlier.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
enthumedapplicant
New Member
Asking this question regarding UCSF Info session for a friend who is currently out of country.
Do you need to be on camera for info session? what about Q/A? can you just type in your questions? Appreciate your reply.
Do you need to be on camera for info session? what about Q/A? can you just type in your questions? Appreciate your reply.
D
deleted1141024
Asking this question regarding UCSF Info session for a friend who is currently out of country.
Do you need to be on camera for info session? what about Q/A? can you just type in your questions? Appreciate your reply.
You should always have your camera on for interviews and important sessions during the medical school application process. If you have it off it looks like you are uninterested and admissions may notice. Only turn it off if you’ve been given explicit permission to do so.
You can type or ask your questions generally.