You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UC San Francisco
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
origami_guru
Full Member
Feb interview WL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premedwhoopss
Full Member
Feb interview WL :/
D
deleted1196999
Email. Hope you get off the waitlist!ah me too 🙁 did they email/call?
rainbow.moon
Full Member
IS WL interviewed 1/30 🙁
(received email at 11am PST) - really sad bc I got so invested in this program and though my interview went super well
(received email at 11am PST) - really sad bc I got so invested in this program and though my interview went super well
iloveharvard
Full Member
Anyone pulled off regular MD waitlist from Feb decision?Just got a call that I was pulled off the JMP waitlist! IS and interviewed in December
T N
Full Member
Same.. mine said she'd write me a great recommendation and hopes to see me there. I want to know why they waitlisted me 😞IS WL interviewed 1/30 🙁
(received email at 11am PST) - really sad bc I got so invested in this program and though my interview went super well
premedwhoopss
Full Member
Congrats! UCSF & Duke is amazingOOS A via email just now!!!! Interviewed last day in Feb. God is sooo good!
rainbow.moon
Full Member
I completely feel you, this whole process is so demoralizing sometimesSame.. mine said she'd write me a great recommendation and hopes to see me there. I want to know why they waitlisted me 😞
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1203030
It was my understanding the whole wave is done in one day. I still haven't heard back either though (Late jan interview)Congrats to everyone! Is this the end of today’s wave? If we haven’t heard back are we thinking maybe later today or tomorrow?
Yea that’s also what I thought, hopefully we hear back soon!It was my understanding the whole wave is done in one day. I still haven't heard back either though (Late jan interview)
ilovecatsanddogs712
Full Member
Have any JMP interviewees from late Jan heard back yet today?
D
deleted1203030
NopeHave any JMP interviewees from late Jan heard back yet today?
charredmeat
New Member
Congrats to everyone who go in today! Does anyone know if waitlisted applicants are still eventually considered for PRIME-US? Or are we no longer in the running for PRIME-US since we aren't hearing back until after May? :,(
pinkfairyyy
Full Member
I received my acceptance to PRIME-US a few weeks back. i hope u hear back soon!Has anyone that interviewed for the PRIME-US program received news about their A to the program? I got the A for the normal MD program back in february but I've just been in limbo about PRIME decisions lol
anotherpremed6116
Full Member
When is UCSF admitted students day?
triplehotshot
New Member
does anyone know if there were there any students from the second wave WL who got accepted last year?
triplehotshot
New Member
do alternates need to submit the CSS profile?
also, how does financial aid work for students that get accepted from the WL?
also, how does financial aid work for students that get accepted from the WL?
Yes, you should fill out the entire fin aid application if you're still interested in being on the WL.do alternates need to submit the CSS profile?
also, how does financial aid work for students that get accepted from the WL?
Assuming you've filled out all the financial aid docs, you'll get an award letter some time after being taken off the waitlist. It took about 2 weeks for me.
triplehotshot
New Member
thank you for the reply! my understanding is that there’s a much tighter timeframe alotted for accepted students off the WL to accept. do they allow for students to wait until they receive an award letter before making a decision?Yes, you should fill out the entire fin aid application if you're still interested in being on the WL.
Assuming you've filled out all the financial aid docs, you'll get an award letter some time after being taken off the waitlist. It took about 2 weeks for me.
also, if you don’t mind sharing, do you feel that you received a fair finaid award letter after being on the WL or was it giving crumbs?
Sort of. You get 5 days to accept the offer from the WL and until July 1st to CTE. So you can remain on other waitlists, but if you've already PTEd to one school then IIRC you must choose between that school and UCSF within those 5 days without finaid info, since you can't typically hold 2 acceptances past May 1st. You could try reaching out to both schools and seeing if they'd extend deadlines. In my case, I didn't get great finaid from the other school, so it wasn't a difficult decision from that point of view. I was also feeling kind of grim about finances given I was on the WL, but the finaid award ended up being pretty generous (much more so than the other school!) 🙂thank you for the reply! my understanding is that there’s a much tighter timeframe alotted for accepted students off the WL to accept. do they allow for students to wait until they receive an award letter before making a decision?
ilovecatsanddogs712
Full Member
Do we think there will be another A wave this week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate list. Tuff lol. Guessing it's a soft R for UCSF? Do they save spots for ppl on the waitlist?
Me and many of my classmates got in off the waitlist last cycle! It’s not over yet
When is UCSF admitted students day?
April 10-12 as of rn
Last edited:
does anyone know if there were there any students from the second wave WL who got accepted last year?
Yep, me and a few of my classmates!
premedwhoopss
Full Member
just confirming that we don't need to confirm our place on the WL and are considered on it unless we withdraw?
Pretty sure we didn't have to confirm last year (I know some schools do that) based on the email we got. If they changed things this time around tho, the portal should have a page for confirmation.just confirming that we don't need to confirm our place on the WL and are considered on it unless we withdraw?
charredmeat
New Member
Not sure if it's specific to CA residents but it looks like we are told to complete it as a part of filling out UCSF financial aid on the website for those who want full funding consideration: Apply for Aid | UCSF Student Financial ServicesI have not heard of the CSS before.. is it for California residents? I am OOS and have filed FAFSA so do I need to apply for the CSS too?
charredmeat
New Member
For those who were accepted after being WLed in May, do you all live in on-campus housing? Did you have trouble finding housing with the later acceptance?
It's not limited to Cali residents (a few other schools like Yale also require it). Yea, you still have to file for CSS.I have not heard of the CSS before.. is it for California residents? I am OOS and have filed FAFSA so do I need to apply for the CSS too?
I don't live on on-campus housing. The availability of the on-campus housing I was interested in was pretty limited, but there were still some options out there. Highly recommend using places4students to look for off campus housing if you're explorimg your options. I lucked out and found a great place near one of the campuses.For those who were accepted after being WLed in May, do you all live in on-campus housing? Did you have trouble finding housing with the later acceptance?
brainrottt
Full Member
It should come out shortly before second look weekend in April
ilovecatsanddogs712
Full Member
Will there be any more decisions this week?
Thank you so so much!!Congrats! UCSF & Duke is amazing
VOLTRON7121
Full Member
How likely is it to be housed with a student if requested for ASWeekend? Not looking to pay those SF hotel prices...
If you're able to rent a car, or take your own with you, I'd highly suggest getting a hotel in South San Francisco/San Bruno/Foster City area. They will be a lot cheaper, closer to the airport, and the drive into the city is not that bad.How likely is it to be housed with a student if requested for ASWeekend? Not looking to pay those SF hotel prices...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ilovecatsanddogs712
Full Member
no[emoji24]
ihatethispartrighthere
New Member
Are they finished sending out JMP decisions?
Nothing much going on there tbh, the group me is better for contacting current and prospective studentsWho can I contact if I’m still pending for the FB group?