-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UC San Francisco
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Woodfordrw
New Member
Does anyone know what waitlist movement usually looks like?
brainrottt
Full Member
When should financial aid offers be going out?
We were told right before ASW
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
skogkatt
Full Member
well anyways...manifesting all of us getting fin aid emails today 🙂
PotatoBean
Full Member
Fin aid up in the portal
triplehotshot
New Member
how did admitted students weekend go?
alphaketoglutarate_lover
Full Member
Incredible!! I love the school and my future classmates. And an amazing music video created by the M1s!how did admitted students weekend go?
triplehotshot
New Member
any insights on how the current climate might affect the school (ie funding cuts)??
just_a_gal
Full Member
has anyone on the waitlist heard back about an A?! I know it's early but wondering when that movement usually starts
kangler024
Full Member
I imagine movement will start around 5/1 since UCSF will be in most people's top 3 choices.
I would be cautiously optimistic about waitlist movement this year though, I know the financial aid packages this year were disappointing to a lot of people, so that might push people towards other programs!
I would be cautiously optimistic about waitlist movement this year though, I know the financial aid packages this year were disappointing to a lot of people, so that might push people towards other programs!
ilovecatsanddogs712
Full Member
has anyone received any email replies from jmp?
Can confirm -- In the AMCAS WL guide UCSF states there will be no WL movement unitl May 1st. That is also when the WL will be reviewedI imagine movement will start around 5/1 since UCSF will be in most people's top 3 choices.
I would be cautiously optimistic about waitlist movement this year though, I know the financial aid packages this year were disappointing to a lot of people, so that might push people towards other programs!
ilovecatsanddogs712
Full Member
Have any JMP WL applicants sent an update letter and received a confirmation from JMP? I've only heard from UCSF
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anotherpremed6116
Full Member
I didn't hear from JMP when I sent one and got an A maybe two weeks after.Have any JMP WL applicants sent an update letter and received a confirmation from JMP? I've only heard from UCSF
premedwhoopss
Full Member
is anyone in the groupme able to share how many people are in/if there's been any movement out of the group? really hoping there's some WL movement this year especially considering the new admit rankings/potential funding cuts
PotatoBean
Full Member
About 180. Little-to-no movementis anyone in the groupme able to share how many people are in/if there's been any movement out of the group? really hoping there's some WL movement this year especially considering the new admit rankings/potential funding cuts
Keep in mind not everybody will leave the group me even though they chose a different school. Because not everybody uses GroupMe app religiouslyis anyone in the groupme able to share how many people are in/if there's been any movement out of the group? really hoping there's some WL movement this year especially considering the new admit rankings/potential funding cuts
neymarpluto
M1
There will def be some movement! I am accepted and saw two people left the groupme today. However, the WL movement might not be as significant (I think maybe 20-30) as most people will be attending. They were also relatively generous with most packages so that is the scheme for now. These are all just my speculations. Best of luck!
ilovecatsanddogs712
Full Member
literally going crazy with anxiety , really hope there's good waitlist movement here [emoji24][emoji24]
anotherpremed6116
Full Member
I think generous compared to other schools but definitely less than last year and previous years in general per my conversation with a financial aid officerim sooo confused. were the fin aid packages generous or not??
someone reported an A on admit! Did anyone else hear anything
VOLTRON7121
Full Member
Agreed, also informed it was roughly 10 percent lower than the previous cohort for full need students.I think generous compared to other schools but definitely less than last year and previous years in general per my conversation with a financial aid officer
ihatethispartrighthere
New Member
Do you guys think there will be any movement today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Speculation based on past year threads but I think we are most likely going to see movement next week some time between W-F.Do you guys think there will be any movement today?
StrangerLives
New Member
Any updates on WL movement?
ilovecatsanddogs712
Full Member
Can anyone in the groupme or fb tell us how many ppl are in there pls? [emoji24]
neymarpluto
M1
152 admitted students in the group me! But there is also a few people missing from the gc.
Can anyone in the groupme or fb tell us how many ppl are in there pls? [emoji24]
ilovecatsanddogs712
Full Member
thank you! has anyone left ?
neymarpluto
M1
yes i would say around 20-25 maybe since april 30th.
happybirdy123
Full Member
What time did waitlist decisions come out last year?
chillguy55
New Member
Earliest WL movement I see from last year's thread was 5/9 around 3:30 PST. So they'll likely come out later this week but it might also vary cycle to cycle.What time did waitlist decisions come out last year?
premedwhoopss
Full Member
Based on last year I think (hope) today is the day 🙏
For waitlisted folks, did you also hold off on filling out the CSS form? Does anyone know how quickly UCSF will get back to us with financial aid package if we fill it out after getting accepted? i think we have 5 days to accept offer but I would love to know what the financial package will look
premedwhoopss
Full Member
anyone hear anything yet?
ilovecatsanddogs712
Full Member
put me out of my misery pls [emoji24][emoji24]
m1loading
New Member
not at all, sadly- I just saw that there's technically one acceptance from 5/1 on cycletrack, but I can't imagine that's actually the case?anyone hear anything yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
T N
Full Member
I don't think that's real. Maybe they got accepted earlier and just recently posted that and didn't put in the correct datenot at all, sadly- I just saw that there's technically one acceptance from 5/1 on cycletrack, but I can't imagine that's actually the case?
to clear the air, i got accepted into jmp on May 1st. they did give me five days to respond, so making sure you submit your CSS (for full funding make sure to have you and your parents 2023 tax returns as you’ll have to do another thing on CSS with these) and fafsa is important! they also have an internal form but it’s super short. i submitted all these items by the end of the day i got accepted and got my package the day before i had to decide. best of luck to you all <3
Congratulations!!! Was this for MD or JMP?IS A off of the waitlist 🤠🥹😭 Email received at 12:49 PM today, 05/09/2025. Very excited to meet all of my future classmates and congratulations to all the future doctors in this forum!! 💞✨
Congratulations!to clear the air, i got accepted into jmp on May 1st. they did give me five days to respond, so making sure you submit your CSS (for full funding make sure to have you and your parents 2023 tax returns as you’ll have to do another thing on CSS with these) and fafsa is important! they also have an internal form but it’s super short. i submitted all these items by the end of the day i got accepted and got my package the day before i had to decide. best of luck to you all <3