You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UC San Francisco
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I hope i’m wrong, but I still think it’s gunna be Friday. Med schools love making us wait 😂so decisions are coming out today we think?
Any news @Semsemrocks ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any news @Semsemrocks ?
Nope 🥲
Just got the A via email
donutdawgs
Full Member
CONGRATS!! If you don't mind sharing, was it for regular MD? or for JMP?Just got the A via email
oreooreo08
New Member
A via email for regular MD!
cantwaittodeletethis
Full Member
JUST GOT AN A EMAIL FOR REGULAR MD I AM SHAKING. interview on 2/1!!!!
Regular MDCONGRATS!! If you don't mind sharing, was it for regular MD? or for JMP
Are emails staggered? Or is that all the As for the second wave?
myaccount123
Full Member
WL 🙁 mixed feelings
WL.. I hate my life
donutdawgs
Full Member
Alternate for JMP, email received just now
D
deleted1139705
You were waitlisted at UCLA already?Remember you have to get in so I can get in off the waitlist at ucla. You got this bro. You rizzed and went to havaaaaaarrrddddd
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
OOP just got the WL 😭😭😭😭 rip usRemember you have to get in so I can get in off the waitlist at ucla. You got this bro. You rizzed and went to havaaaaaarrrddddd
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
Wait does JMP come out yet? This says WL but I thought I only interviewed for JMP 😭😭😭 ughhhh
beep boop
New Member
^^^Any SJV PRIME acceptances?
WHEN I SAY IM SHAKING I MEAN IM SHAKINGGG IN STATE REG MD A 43 MIN AGO 😭😭😭😭
ratgirl1313
New Member
Alternate for MD as of 15 mins ago. I interviewed 1/30 for MD/JMP. Do any JMP people know how it works from here for us? In the interview they said something along the lines of 'acceptance for one or both programs is possible,' so does that mean I still have a shot at JMP? hopefully:,)
update: just got the JMP WL email :/
update: just got the JMP WL email :/
Last edited:
Got one during the last wave + trad MD acceptanceAny SJV PRIME acceptances?
Nah but it finna happenYou were waitlisted at UCLA already?
Did you get a separate email for SJV?Got one during the last wave + trad MD acceptance
Post-II R 🙁
D
deleted1161947
how is waitlist movement here?
Varies, last year there was quite a bit but the year before that nothing or very smallhow is waitlist movement here?
how is waitlist movement here?
John did you hear back with a WL offer too? [emoji22]
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
Nevermind got WL for both MD and JMP 😭😭 well UCLA is still pretty lit haha
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
Exact same thing just happened to me ughhhhAlternate for MD as of 15 mins ago. I interviewed 1/30 for MD/JMP. Do any JMP people know how it works from here for us? In the interview they said something along the lines of 'acceptance for one or both programs is possible,' so does that mean I still have a shot at JMP? hopefully:,)
update: just got the JMP WL email :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
I can’t tell if I’m sad or numb cos of how long this process is 🥲
YepDid you get a separate email for SJV?
ratgirl1313
New Member
ugghhh I’m sorry and I hope we both get plucked off the waitlist SOON♥️♥️♥️ I’m going to pass away waiting for May
Exact same thing just happened to me ughhhh
porkandbeans8888
Full Member
InshaAllah 😭♥️ugghhh I’m sorry and I hope we both get plucked off the waitlist SOON♥️♥️♥️ I’m going to pass away waiting for May
indeed, looks like blue devils still on top [emoji48]
At least they came back around to everyone in the end lol. Congrats on Duke!
Brooo we could be classmates. You gotta tell ucla to let me in.Nevermind got WL for both MD and JMP 😭😭 well UCLA is still pretty lit haha
dizzydillydally
Full Member
WL today... not sure how I feel ugh.
A_NYmanzana
New Member
congrats to everyone accepted! for the WL, does anyone know if UCSF accepts updates/LOIs?
congrats to everyone accepted! for the WL, does anyone know if UCSF accepts updates/LOIs?
They accept updates but no letters of interest or intent
ratgirl1313
New Member
Could an additional letter of rec be an update? Or what else could we send as an update...? I don't have grades or anything since I'm on my gap year and working
cookooriku
New Member
Congrats to everyone, y’all are amazing!! Currently trying to form a school list for apps. Any current or prospective students on here willing to talk a little bit about how political climate/polarization has played into their relationships and experience at ucsf? I’ve heard mixed things regarding ppls experiences - especially over the last few months.
D
deleted1141024
Not sure what you have heard? UCSF, like many other academic centers, tends to be more liberal/progressive. We have had our fair share of different opinions amongst faculty and students regarding a numerous amount of different political and medical controversies. UCSF is an institution that I can positively say values free speech - we have some professors that go against the grain academically and politically but they are given their time and space to say what they like. The institution doesn't control what we say as long as we don't try to speak on behalf of the whole institution.Congrats to everyone, y’all are amazing!! Currently trying to form a school list for apps. Any current or prospective students on here willing to talk a little bit about how political climate/polarization has played into their relationships and experience at ucsf? I’ve heard mixed things regarding ppls experiences - especially over the last few months.
Sorry to ask another question, but did you hear back from the traditional and SJV PRIME programs at different times?
Could an additional letter of rec be an update? Or what else could we send as an update...? I don't have grades or anything since I'm on my gap year and working
An additional letter of rec wouldn't be an update, and realistically, it's just as likely to hurt you (are admin officers really going to want to read a LOR you didn't think was worth getting earlier?) as it is to help you. I'd say it's not worth it.
Not sure what you have heard? UCSF, like many other academic centers, tends to be more liberal/progressive. We have had our fair share of different opinions amongst faculty and students regarding a numerous amount of different political and medical controversies. UCSF is an institution that I can positively say values free speech - we have some professors that go against the grain academically and politically but they are given their time and space to say what they like. The institution doesn't control what we say as long as we don't try to speak on behalf of the whole institution.
Echoing this. We definitely had some big political movements on campus during my medical school years (2016 election, BLM, LGBTQIA+ events), but they were obviously optional, and generally people were respectful of each other's political views and opinions. UCSF is certainly a relatively liberal school in a relatively liberal area, though.
bobsburgersmedschool
Full Member
hey! do folks know when prime-us decisions are expected to come out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think they offer much aid compared to similarly ranked schools. During my interview session they mentioned that trying to negotiate aid by comparing offers from other schools "said a lot about the candidate" and not in a good way lol, but your mileage may vary. Not like they can rescind your acceptance for trying.Does anyone know if UCSF is generally considered to be generous with financial aid? Additionally, is USCF open to negotiating financial aid offers? Just trying to get a better idea of what to expect with the $$ from this school.
Last edited:
Does anyone know if UCSF is generally considered to be generous with financial aid? Additionally, is USCF open to negotiating financial aid offers? Just trying to get a better idea of what to expect with the $$ from this school.
They're not going to be on par with private schools who have funding for financial aid. But it also depends on your own financial position. 5 years ago, as someone coming from a decently well-off family, it was on par for me with other UC offers I had, and still cheaper than my private option because of the sheer tuition difference. But I met a few accepted students with financial need who had better aid offers at private institutions.
Edit: At least when I was there, there was always a slot of time during ASW that was reserved for accepted students to visit the financial aid office and ask questions about their offers.
pencil434
Full Member
I don't think they offer much aid compared to similarly ranked schools. During my interview session they mentioned that trying to negotiate aid by comparing offers from other schools "said a lot about the candidate" and it seemed to be heavily discouraged lol, but your mileage may vary. Not like they can rescind your acceptance for trying.
They're not going to be on par with private schools who have funding for financial aid. But it also depends on your own financial position. 5 years ago, as someone coming from a decently well-off family, it was on par for me with other UC offers I had, and still cheaper than my private option because of the sheer tuition difference. But I met a few accepted students with financial need who had better aid offers at private institutions.
Edit: At least when I was there, there was always a slot of time during ASW that was reserved for accepted students to visit the financial aid office and ask questions about their offers.
Got it, thanks so much for your replies! I may just expect, then, that UCSF will have a less generous package than the private schools I am weighing but we shall see when the actual numbers come back!
Off-topic (and still waiting for a decision here) but schools trying to shame people for seeking marginally better aid is definitely something lmao
Their reasoning for stating that is because they already offer you enough aid based on the info that you give them on FAFSA and other financial aid forms you fill out. Trying to bargain for more and forcing their hand indicates poor morals because you’re trying to take what’s not rightfully yours from others.
They do have a lower student debt than the national average, so that’s something to consider. It may just be because of lower tuition too. Whether or not any of us agree with that… it is what it is lol