2021-2022 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Post-II R. IS, interviewed late November.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Man that stings.

It’s okay though, I’m glad to have another acceptance in hand. But phew … not even a waitlist.

Man that stings.

It’s okay though, I’m glad to have another acceptance in hand. But phew … not even a waitlist.
Last year they waitlisted almost everyone that didnt get accepted, wish they hadnt because it really set me back on getting work lol

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
They’re really out here rejecting people post-II before pre-II… like bro, it’s almost February. We know how this ends. Just put me out of my misery 😭

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed in September and haven’t heard back at all yet, does this mean it’s likely a waitlist?

I interviewed in September and haven’t heard back at all yet, does this mean it’s likely a waitlist?
Same. This is pure torture I want to be put out of my misery already if its not an A.

interviewed mid-december and waiting to hear back.. do y'all think it'd be worth it to submit a letter of intent? Or is that something you do once you've been waitlisted

interviewed mid-december and waiting to hear back.. do y'all think it'd be worth it to submit a letter of intent? Or is that something you do once you've been waitlisted
When I asked earlier last month, they told me all materials were due by December 1 (other than first semester transcripts )-especially letters and updates were due on this date.
They told me that they were not required to look at updates and letters of interest or intent submitted after that date in considering your application.
So it was kind of an open-ended answer in that you can test your luck.
I personally do not think it can hurt to submit one, but it does look kind of weird/feigned interest to a Med School if you're only sending a letter of intent this late into the cycle especially considering the fact that there are others who submitted these same letters when they submitted their secondary or shortly after their interview.

TL/DR: Try your luck-don't count on them reading it though or taking it into consideration.

I submit one even though it was after Dec. 1. Usually a letter of intent isn’t sent until after an interview, so it’s kinda hard to submit one before the Dec.1 deadline if the interview was later in the cycle. it may not do anything, but it can’t hurt

Reactions: 1 users
I sent a letter of intent wrapped in a thank you letter last year. Like someone said, it's not gonna hurt but they may not have time to read it tbh.

Reactions: 1 users
Any idea if they will be sending a round of decisions tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A at 8:08 AM!!!!
I am soo excited!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
do y'all think they will send out decisions more frequently now (since we are going into Feb/March?)

For those of you accepted, what do you think the number of people in the accepted pool is? I wonder what percentage of the way through they are with selecting the next class

do y'all think they will send out decisions more frequently now (since we are going into Feb/March?)
I hope so, because having a day to look forward to... then nothing happens... feels horrible lol

I'm assuming I'm WL because of the silence, does anyone know how much activity to expect?

• Care
has anyone gotten accepted that interviewed in december?

I hope so, because having a day to look forward to... then nothing happens... feels horrible lol

I'm assuming I'm WL because of the silence, does anyone know how much activity to expect?
I feel that... :( interviewed in November and still haven't heard anything. I think it's too early to assume WL though, my friends said they got As in Feb/March last year (after waiting like 3-4 months).

I feel that... :( interviewed in November and still haven't heard anything. I think it's too early to assume WL though, my friends said they got As in Feb/March last year (after waiting like 3-4 months).
That’s news to me. I got WL last year mid Feb and I didn’t hear of anybody else getting A’s at that time, only WL and R. I also interviewed in November and waiting to hear back, this is my second cycle so it’s incredibly frustrating.

also echo these feelings :( i interviewed back in october and still have not heard back. safe to assume it's likely a WL/R... just wish they could get back to us and there was more transparency with everything

also echo these feelings :( i interviewed back in october and still have not heard back. safe to assume it's likely a WL/R... just wish they could get back to us and there was more transparency with everything
I agree.. I wish they could back to us soon :( yeah... I think Feb might be the last acceptance round? or maybe it'll just be WL/R

I’m just waiting for the pre-II R to put me out of my misery lmaoo

hey so check your junk mail. I cried all morning thinking I didn't get in, but then the dean texted me...my A was sitting in junk mail :oops:

Accepted this morning as well! Interviewed 12/9, IS, URM. Really surprised since I felt like I majorly messed 2 of the MMI stations

Reactions: 3 users
Sending vibes that more of us hear about A’s in the coming weeks

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Last year they sent out acceptances on the last Friday of January (like today) and the second Friday of February. So perhaps there will be one more wave of acceptances on Feb 11 before the waitlist starts.

Congrats to those accepted! To those still waiting: back when i was applying, I interviewed in December and wasn’t accepted until March. No WL. The process isn’t over yet!

Reactions: 4 users
Have any of the accepted made a GroupMe/Facebook yet? DM me if you made one!

Edit: I made one. DM me for a link!
May I get the groupme link as well? Accepted on friday! I couldn’t figure out how to DM you

Anyone know how in-depth the answer should be for campus preference? It says to answer no more than 6 lines ( being sentences?) .

I interviewed in mid January and they told us we should hear by February 15. So I think another round of A’s on Feb 11 is accurate

For those of you who have been accepted and are planning to attend MCG, its worthwhile to begin looking for housing. It goes quickly, especially if you end up in Athens and are having to fight for housing with UGA students.