2021-2022 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got A 05/03/22. Interviewed in December. IS. 514 3.8. Would someone DM me the groupchat info?
Same here, can someone DM me the group chat info as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone please DM me the group chat info as well

Reactions: 1 user
If someone can send me the group chat details as well, that would be much appreciated

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey. DM me for the MCG Class of 2026 group chat link :)

Congrats to all who got an A today!

Manifesting an A for the 5 de Mayo! 😁 May the fourth be with you all

Reactions: 1 users
I recently got accepted off the waitlist, so I submitted my signed technical standards and acceptance form. Am I supposed to get a verification email from them saying my spot is secure? I just want to ensure my spot is safe before I withdraw my acceptance from the previous school I had for Plan to Enroll.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently got accepted off the waitlist, so I submitted my signed technical standards and acceptance form. Am I supposed to get a verification email from them saying my spot is secure? I just want to ensure my spot is safe before I withdraw my acceptance from the previous school I had for Plan to Enroll.

Thanks for the help!
The morning after I signed my acceptance and technical standards, they sent me my campus assignment but no real confirmation that the spot has been secured

Question for you guys. I am looking into housing for the Augusta campus. I am IS. I have heard of quite a few students living in North Augusta, South Carolina. Does anyone know if you can still get in state tuition if you are living in North Augusta?

Question for you guys. I am looking into housing for the Augusta campus. I am IS. I have heard of quite a few students living in North Augusta, South Carolina. Does anyone know if you can still get in state tuition if you are living in North Augusta?
Yes, many students live in North Augusta. Most people just keep their permanent address as their parent's house or whatever is on your driver's license.

Does anyone know if there is any waitlist movement for out of state students? I know they take very few out of state students so not sure how much waitlist movement there really is.

Do we have to do Plan to Enroll if we were accepted off the alternative list? And there is no deposit? Just the two forms to hold our spot? Thanks any input would be appreciated

Wow this is exciting - congrats to those who got in today! Did any of you select PTE at another school before coming off WL?
Thanks! I was PTE at another school, but when I got this acceptance I notified the other school and committed here.

I just received an email from MCG Office of Learner Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion inviting me to the Pre-Matriculation program. I have no indication that I have gotten accepted off the waitlist though. What do we think the possibility is that I was sent this email in error even if it was directly addressed to me?
Hmmmm I’m not sure. I was accepted on the 3rd but haven’t gotten any email like that. I’ve only gotten an email for my campus assignment so far. I would give them an email to clear things up!

Got assigned to Athens campus, but hoping to go to Augusta. Send me a DM if you want to switch!

So, my Rubella and Hep B titer came back "not consistent with immunity" even though I am fully vaccinated. I will have to get another vaccination/booster of these and get another titer test in 6-8 weeks. However, the form states that it must be submitted 30 days before registration. Do y'all think this would cause an interruption for the start of classes?
FYI I have emailed [email protected] and I'm still waiting for a response but was just wondering what you guys thought.

Also, has anyone who has been accepted gotten their ID/student email yet? I was wondering when they will send those out.

Last edited:
Y'all have me convinced that witchcraft is real and manifestation works. I'm getting desperate so here's to manifesting an OOS A for tomorrow. I wasn't using my soul anyway.
1652218192504.png

So, my Rubella and Hep B titer came back "not consistent with immunity" even though I am fully vaccinated. I will have to get another vaccination/booster of these and get another titer test in 6-8 weeks. However, the form states that it must be submitted 30 days before registration. Do y'all think this would cause an interruption for the start of classes?
FYI I have emailed [email protected] and I'm still waiting for a response but was just wondering what you guys thought.
This is a very common problem and won't cause any delay. You just have to get a hep b antigen test to prove you don't have the active infection and get started on the vaccine series again since it takes 6 months or so total.

Hello! I was just accepted from the waitlist yesterday. Could someone please DM me the link for the accepted students group? Thanks!

• Love
Thank you! I interviewed in November.
I got my campus assignment shortly after being accepted off the WL @medshark123

Do we need to submit or get anything ready for financial aid? I haven't gotten my augusta log in yet so I was curious if they send more information once that has been set up.

Do we need to submit or get anything ready for financial aid? I haven't gotten my augusta log in yet so I was curious if they send more information once that has been set up.
Have you gotten any updates? Accepted of WL same day as you and haven't heard anything since then either

For the people who chose the Athens campus, why did you do so? I'm currently in the Augusta campus but considering a switch as I am not a fan of the town of Augusta.

For the people who chose the Athens campus, why did you do so? I'm currently in the Augusta campus but considering a switch as I am not a fan of the town of Augusta.
My big reasons:
- I’m not a fan of Augusta either. I wanted to be a bit closer to Atlanta for family and because my wife’s office is in the city (though she works remote)
- Went to UGA for undergrad and I absolutely love Athens having spent 4 years there
- The idea of a smaller class and smaller student:faculty ratio fits my learning style and my desires for med school
- I was involved with nonprofits in Athens in undergrad that have opportunities for the medical students to work with underserved populations. This isn’t unique to Athens, but gives me the opportunity to continue my work with this organization whose mission I align with

Trying to keep this short. I’d say all these reasons could be disputed with a pro-Augusta argument. End of the day, Athens was best for me.

Last edited:
WL is moving, I just got accepted!! :giggle:

It looks like there were a couple group chats being passed around, can someone DM me the one that seems to be actually being used/one that's specific to Augusta?

WL is moving, I just got accepted!! :giggle:

It looks like there were a couple group chats being passed around, can someone DM me the one that seems to be actually being used/one that's specific to Augusta?
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you interviewed?

I was accepted yesterday as well!! Could someone please DM me the link for the accepted students group? Thanks!

Last edited:
What's the situation with housing in Augusta, especially this late in the year?

I was recently accepted. Could someone please DM me the link for accepted students group/one for Augusta campus?

Accepted off the waitlist last Friday. Incredible surprise as I was actually opening my email that day intending to draft a withdrawal email lol. Interviewed in January, 512 MCAT, 3.7 GPA, reapplicant. Have hope!

Reactions: 3 users
What's the situation with housing in Augusta, especially this late in the year?
Some popular apartment complexes are Ironwood, Beacon, Canalside, the Glenn, the Turn, Riverwatch, and Argento. You can also look into renting a house. Somethings available housing gets posted in the class Facebook group.

hi everyone!! i got accepted this morning and am soOoo excited to start this next chapter. was hoping someone could send me the gc link pls :)

Reactions: 2 users
hi everyone!! i got accepted this morning and am soOoo excited to start this next chapter. was hoping someone could send me the gc link pls :)
Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you interviewed?

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you interviewed?
thank u!! for sure. i interviewed 12/9 and got WL 2/16. mcat 506 gpa in undergrad was like 3.3/3.4ish cant remember and masters gpa was 3.9

Hi everyone, just wanted to say congrats on your acceptances! I'm currently pre-writing secondaries for MCG, and I was wondering if it is necessary to answer question 7. Also, did you all use up all 300 words for each question? Thanks!

Does anyone know if we have a required color for scrubs for anatomy labs? Or can any plain/cheap pair of scrubs be used?