-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,
I clicked on the link but still don't know how to get the pin.....
all it shows on that website is login + pin?
Thanks in advance
...
EDIT: read above
I quite liked the school that I saw last year, as well as the faculty that I spoke to. Scranton looked like a very nice place as well. I was accepted but withdrew for another school. I'd hope people won't be bothered by what has happened with them the last application cycle and apply as usual.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for emailing admissions for the link- any update about the PIN number situation?
no update.
I haven't heard anything either. I might call them Monday to sort out the issue.
glad im not the only one bombarding them with questions. i emailed them too about the link but now that pin number thing is a mess. i emailed them again about this so hopefully they will get back to me. will update when i do get the email.
It's Monday morning, and I thought I would check to see if anyone has any updates on the PIN. Anyone?
It's Monday morning, and I thought I would check to see if anyone has any updates on the PIN. Anyone?
I just spoke to them on the phone and they said it should be sorted out by this afternoon. They will resend emails with the link and pin
I just spoke to them on the phone and they said it should be sorted out by this afternoon. They will resend emails with the link and pin
Thanks!
I just spoke to them on the phone and they said it should be sorted out by this afternoon. They will resend emails with the link and pin
Thanks, bud.
Has anyone heard anything?
Considering it's past 6 at their offices, we're not getting PINs anytime today.
Considering it's past 6 at their offices, we're not getting PINs anytime today.
Yea, I haven't gotten one this morning either. I'm sure they'll get them to us sometime this week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the email w/ pin and login to te secondary about 10 minutes ago
Nothing for me yet. Thanks for the update!
same here. just got the pin.
here are the questions for those still waiting:
1) List the 5 most important attributes you feel a physician should possess.
2) Choose one attribute from the above list, and describe one personal experience that best exemplifies that attribute.
3) Given TCMC's unique missions and values, please tell us why you feel you are a good fit for our institution.
4) TCMC values diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive environment. How do you think you can contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion?
5) Using 1 - 3 sentences, explain how your admission to TCMC could assist in addressing the health care needs of northeastern Pennsylvania.
6) If you could speak directly to the Admissions Committee, explain why you should be admitted to The Commonwealth Medical College.
7) Do you verify that you are able to perform essential functions listed in (click on link)
here are the questions for those still waiting:
1) List the 5 most important attributes you feel a physician should possess.
2) Choose one attribute from the above list, and describe one personal experience that best exemplifies that attribute.
3) Given TCMC's unique missions and values, please tell us why you feel you are a good fit for our institution.
4) TCMC values diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive environment. How do you think you can contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion?
5) Using 1 - 3 sentences, explain how your admission to TCMC could assist in addressing the health care needs of northeastern Pennsylvania.
6) If you could speak directly to the Admissions Committee, explain why you should be admitted to The Commonwealth Medical College.
7) Do you verify that you are able to perform essential functions listed in (click on link)
same here. just got the pin.
here are the questions for those still waiting:
1) List the 5 most important attributes you feel a physician should possess.
2) Choose one attribute from the above list, and describe one personal experience that best exemplifies that attribute.
3) Given TCMC's unique missions and values, please tell us why you feel you are a good fit for our institution.
4) TCMC values diversity and is committed to maintaining an inclusive environment. How do you think you can contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion?
5) Using 1 - 3 sentences, explain how your admission to TCMC could assist in addressing the health care needs of northeastern Pennsylvania.
6) If you could speak directly to the Admissions Committee, explain why you should be admitted to The Commonwealth Medical College.
7) Do you verify that you are able to perform essential functions listed in (click on link)
Yikes- I wonder why I didn't get the email. Also, that's a hefty secondary!

(to those who are having trouble w/ pin, they should have sent one out today)
on that note, is anybody having trouble paying the fee for the secondary app?
thank you!😳
on that note, is anybody having trouble paying the fee for the secondary app?
thank you!😳
Still no PIN for me. I might have to call them. I'll give them to around lunch time or so.
+1 - calling themStill no PIN for me. I might have to call them. I'll give them to around lunch time or so.
(to those who are having trouble w/ pin, they should have sent one out today)
on that note, is anybody having trouble paying the fee for the secondary app?
thank you!😳
Yes they won't take my money.
+1 - calling them
Great- let us know what you hear, thanks.
Those of you who got the email- is your AMCAS verified already?
yea got a pin and everything
however i'm not going to apply here anymore
The message of the Dean says they are looking for people who wants to commit and stay in Pennsylvania. So if you're someone who wants to be flexible and go back to your hometown someday........just a heads up!
however i'm not going to apply here anymore
The message of the Dean says they are looking for people who wants to commit and stay in Pennsylvania. So if you're someone who wants to be flexible and go back to your hometown someday........just a heads up!
yea got a pin and everything
however i'm not going to apply here anymore
The message of the Dean says they are looking for people who wants to commit and stay in Pennsylvania. So if you're someone who wants to be flexible and go back to your hometown someday........just a heads up!
I tried giving you guys a heads up in my previous post 😳 Trust me though, not everyone who is going to TCMC will end up staying in PA.
Still no PIN. I'll have to call them today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they told me blah blah blah we are working just wait for ur pin
they told me blah blah blah we are working just wait for ur pin
They actually gave me mine over the phone and it worked. Strange that you had a different experience.
Honestly I just got flooded with secondaries in my inbox so I am ok with waiting patiently.![]()
Haha I got my PIN just moments before the influx myself. 😀
should i wait til i take the mcat to submit it? taking it on 7/6 but would have more time to work on it after, but got the secondary recently
email them again if they said they're working out the kinks because I had to remind the lady that I haven't gotten it after that initial email and she sent me my pin within hours. i guess being persistent is key
Submitted! 





email them again if they said they're working out the kinks because I had to remind the lady that I haven't gotten it after that initial email and she sent me my pin within hours. i guess being persistent is key
I sent an email yesterday and this morning I got my pin.
so for people who arent from northern penn... Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on as far as the area's health care needs?
agreed!!!!
for the first question, it says to list attributes and there is a 2000 character max. are you all simply listing them or also writing something for each attribute too? by just listing them it's like only 100 characters lol
i just listed them
the next question i described one of them
i just listed them
the next question i described one of them
What about the healthcare issues question? 🙂
Can anyone shed some light about what is going on healthcare wise in northern Penn?
Last edited:
Is it ok if the answer to one of the questions is in my PS? or do I have to talk about something new?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does TCMC send email notification once your application is complete with recs?
D
deleted336217
Does TCMC send email notification once your application is complete with recs?
Yes. Just got one today.
*
Last edited:
D
deleted336217
Hey so has anyone recently checked the Admissions Interview Status? Mine says "No appointment to be scheduled for application year 2012." Does this mean I have already been rejected??? 🙁 My application was complete on 7/1.
From my 'complete' email:
"Those applicants that are selected for an interview will be contacted immediately via email with instructions for arranging a date and time. All others will be given notification via email as well."
My app status says the same thing as yours, but I believe this email more. If we are actually rejected we should get an email to confirm.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
