2011-2012 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
+6 And they sent the rejection email twice.... -_-

^ +1

They really didn't like me on the phone for asking some legitimate questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1329890128
I called them earlier this cycle and they literally said "you're not from california...why did you apply here?"

Yea, they're rather...curt with their communication in email and phone calls.

I called them earlier this cycle and they literally said "you're not from california...why did you apply here?"

Ouch. They could have at least thanked you for the 80 dollars.

Did anyone else get placed on interview waitlist? Does anyone know if they interview many from this list? :confused:

Did anyone else get placed on interview waitlist? Does anyone know if they interview many from this list? :confused:
How did u find out if you were on interview waitlist? Can you ck the status on line? It only shows me the date my application was complete. Thanks for your response.

*HUG :(

:confused:

Too brutal man. It ain't right...

And there was a millisecond there when I was hoping the second email might say "Whoops! Just Kidding." haha. ugh :(

Weird... I was complete back on 6/30 and haven't heard a single thing. No rejection and no pre-interview wait list. (Not that I'm complaining)

How did u find out if you were on interview waitlist? Can you ck the status on line? It only shows me the date my application was complete. Thanks for your response.

They sent me an e-mail stating I was placed on "Interview Wait-list" (yes, there's a dash between wait and list).

Rejected too. Only UC I haven't been rejected from now pre-interview is ucla, which is doubtful now haha.

Best of luck everyone, looks like I'm being forced out of CA for school. But I guess that's why I applied in case this happened!

Rejected too. Only UC I haven't been rejected from now pre-interview is ucla, which is doubtful now haha.

Best of luck everyone, looks like I'm being forced out of CA for school. But I guess that's why I applied in case this happened!

+1 on the pre-interview rejection. Now looking at what seems to be a hold from UCI, I'm not feeling too good about staying in CA.

Both of you should call... I hadn't heard anything and it turns out they just forgot to email me

Rejected pre-interview...and I'm a student of UC Davis :(

Damn, did they run out of interview spots or something? Thread's been pretty depressing this past week...

Interviewed 8/19 and still no word... :confused:

I wonder if I'll be hearing something soon :scared: Anyone else still waiting?

I've been complete since 8/03 and no word here as well. I called and the guy told me that I'm complete and that they interview all the way until the end of January. So my guess is that if they don't give us an invite by the first of week of January, then it would be safe to assume that it's game over at Davis. :(

Same here, complete 8/9. I received invites from every single UC med school BUT Davis. WTF?

Man this thread is probably the most depressing out of all of the threads I've been reading...haha. Yeah I've been complete since 9/01, and still haven't heard anything, and no changes on my status page. I'm not even inclined to call them, since everyone else has had such bad experiences...

Man this thread is probably the most depressing out of all of the threads I've been reading...haha. Yeah I've been complete since 9/01, and still haven't heard anything, and no changes on my status page. I'm not even inclined to call them, since everyone else has had such bad experiences...

I've been complete since July and hadn't heard anything so I called. The lady I spoke to was very friendly and said that I had been assigned a reviewer but my application just hadn't been reviewed yet. So not all bad news!

Hang in there guys,

Davis is a great school! Interviews will probably go into early March actually and Davis has been dishing out interviews pretty early this interview cycle compared to last year. Hang tight, I think there will be another wave of interview invites come around Winter Break/Jan time. Just stay patient, and keep positive! I hope you guys get some love soon!

Man...such a depressing thread...
For those who have already received the rejection, if you don't mind me asking...
when were you complete?
I am not feeling very hopeful about this either myself...

Word! This thread needs some prozac.

Hi-

For those of you who have interviewed- is the format just the MMI or dso they do standard interview format as well (where they ask about your experiences ect..)

I am really hoping its not just MMI because it scares me! :idea:

Hi-

For those of you who have interviewed- is the format just the MMI or dso they do standard interview format as well (where they ask about your experiences ect..)

I am really hoping its not just MMI because it scares me! :idea:

just MMI altho the dean meets with everyone in a group and you speak with him briefly..... but don't be too scared! i was pretty nervous beforehand.. but MMI is actually pretty chill... it's just about being yourself

No joke this is the most depressing thread. Completed my secondary 8/23 AND still haven't heard back. I'm OOS. UC Davis has me on the edge since its one of my top school. I think I'm going to give them a call on Monday. Hoping for the best :xf:

Last edited:
No joke this is the most depressing thread. Completed my secondary 8/23 AND still haven't heard back. I'm OOS. UC Davis has me on the edge since its one of my top school. I think I'm going to give them a call on Monday. Hoping for the best :xf:

Be careful what you ask them...they might pepper spray you if they don't like what they hear.

All joking aside with the pepper spraying and police brutality on-campus. Is anyone worried about the current state of affairs at the UCs such as tuition hikes and the fact that public education in California is becoming almost as expensive as private education?

I certainly worry about the different challenges that it might bring in the next 4 or 5 (if doing a Master's) years when it comes to funding for certain programs and stuff. Any thoughts?

lol no comment, but if you haven't heard back from them yet (rejection, wait list, or interview) you should call and they should be able to tell you

Not exactly...I called and they just said that no decisions have been made yet and that I would find out by January. If you're still waiting, it's likely because they just haven't decided yet.

Not exactly...I called and they just said that no decisions have been made yet and that I would find out by January. If you're still waiting, it's likely because they just haven't decided yet.

+1 Same here. Lady didn't sound too pleased when I asked...

+1 Same here. Lady didn't sound too pleased when I asked...
She obviously picked the wrong job if she doesn't want to deal with medical school applicants. Really makes you appreciate the admissions people who can do their jobs with a little bit of grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.