2011-2012 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 I was nervous until I found out that there is only one interview date in both Nov and Dec (60 students at each date)....not the typical every 2 weeks :) so I assume that helps our chances given the low denominator ( well it makes sense to me haha)

I'm interviewing on 12/2/11, so there are at least two dates for December?

Members don't see this ad.

This thread has been pretty quiet lately with regards to post-interview decisions...

Has anyone here interviewed within the past month(s) and are still waiting for news? (accept/waitlist/reject)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten an interview as of lately? If so, were you on the interview waitlist?

Hi! I was not on an interview wait-list. I was complete 10/21

Has anyone gotten an interview as of lately? If so, were you on the interview waitlist?
I got an interview 1-2 weeks ago for Feb 2. I was never on the waitlist. I was complete 10/21

any current med students at davis or knowledgeable premeds have any insights about how to convey ur interest in the school without being annoying?

i got waitlisted... but they said in the email not to send any additional letters of recommendation and/or updates.....

i really want to show them that i want to go there... any advice?

any current med students at davis or knowledgeable premeds have any insights about how to convey ur interest in the school without being annoying?

i got waitlisted... but they said in the email not to send any additional letters of recommendation and/or updates.....

Did you just get waitlisted or did they let you know a while back?

They also told us at the interview that they do not take update letters. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Any other accepted not get their mailed packets yet? Got my acceptance more than a month ago and still no packet.

Looking back at the thread, it seems like it's been taking more than 3-4 weeks to hear back after the interview...but at our interview they said they have been keeping up on the 3-4 week turn around promise. To those who were accepted, did anyone actually hear a decission/ get your acceptance 3-4 weeks after your interview, or is that just kind of a ballpark figure??

Last edited:
They were pretty quick with my response. 2 weeks, I think.

Interview set for 1/6! Any tips/suggestions on how to prepare for the interview and where to stay? Thanks! Good luck to everyone!

Apparently, the staff is still putting the packet together - finalizing visit dates, etc. - so it's not sent out for anyone yet. Hope that helps.

I interviewed 9/9 and still have not heard anything from the school. I emailed and they said "There has not been a decision made on your application. Decisions can be made between now and January 2012"

Am I all alone or are there others in my boat? Is this a silent rejection or wait-list?

Interviewed in mid-November and just got put on the wait-list :(
Anyone know what the chances are for those on the wait-list to be accepted? I heard that Davis was pretty good about that... but then again the thread I read that in was from 2006...
The e-mail I received didn't say anything about not sending update letters, so I'm not sure what the right procedure would be to follow up on that... :scared:

Interviewed in mid-November and just got put on the wait-list :(
Anyone know what the chances are for those on the wait-list to be accepted? I heard that Davis was pretty good about that... but then again the thread I read that in was from 2006...
The e-mail I received didn't say anything about not sending update letters, so I'm not sure what the right procedure would be to follow up on that... :scared:

read your post interview email again.....

unless they were only referring to the time period between interview and interview outcome.... i thought they didn't want us to send updates at all..?

i was confused thats kinda why i asked the question here... lemme know what u think!

yes the post-interview e-mail does say this, but the wait-list decision e-mail does not.
i have no idea what would be the smart thing to do.
maybe wait til january?
have you heard of anyone hearing back before may 15th?

Interview wait-listed... looks like there is still hope!

Interview invite today. Complete 11/01. Still waiting for available dates...

Anyone else got the interview invite recently but found no current available dates in the applicant portal? It seems that they still have no additional dates finalized.

I've been complete since 8/1 and haven't heard anything. How do you know if you'r on the interview waitlist? Do you receive an email?

I've been complete since 8/1 and haven't heard anything. How do you know if you'r on the interview waitlist? Do you receive an email?

Sorry, I may have replied to you when the post was not intended for me...:oops:

I submitted in early July. Still no word. Will they be rejecting soon? will i hear anything whats their deal?

Hi-

for those who have interviewed...did you send thank you notes? Its hard to tell who to send one to since we met so many deans and had an MMI (as opposed to a standard interview). Davis doesnt accept updates but I would like to send a thankyou note if possible :)

Thanks for the advice!

I just received great news today! UC Davis is my top choice so I will no doubt accept their offer. For those that got accepted, I look forward to meeting you all this coming July! Good luck to the rest of you :)

Here are my dates below:

Initial Application Received by UCD School of Medicine: 08/05/2011
Supplemental Application Completed: 08/18/2011
Secondary Application Materials Completed: 09/04/2011
Interview Date: 12/2/2011
Offer of Acceptance: 12/21/2011

has anyone who interviewed on 12/9 heard from davis?? I wonder if we will hear this week:rolleyes:

Hey everybody. I have been stalking the forum for awhile, and thought I would share that I interviewed 9/2 and haven't heard a darn thing yet. Not a single correspondence of any kind. Keep crossing those fingers. Maybe they will let us know soon so that older people like us can begin to plan on moving our families to our new home in sacramento :D I always look at this forum right before I go to bed, then I can't sleep... darn the interwebs.

Rejected pre-interview today, was complete in late August. Bummer, Davis was my favorite.

Interview invite this evening. I was complete mid-September. The earliest available interview date was Feb. 17th.

Complete 6/25
Rejected 1/4 (first contact)

Oh well.

+1 (and feeling a little cynical given that I was invited to interview at UC's generally considered more prestigious than Davis pretty early in the cycle...oh well, I guess everyone says it always ends up feeling arbitrary, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.