2011-2012 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got put on the Interview wait list today :confused:. Anyone know chances of an interview of the wait list?
How did you find out? did you get an email?

Members don't see this ad.

How did you find out? did you get an email?

I was put on the interview waitlist a while back, and it was done through email. Not sure if it's bad, neutral, or kinda good (like.. we'll probably interview you, just don't expect anything til next semester). I only know of one person who was put on the interview wait list, and they were eventually interviewed and accepted. Here's hoping! :xf:

Just saw this thanks for the reply! Just booked my flight and hotel SO EXCITED for the interview I guess I will see you there! (this is in response to luvdr :) )

Members don't see this ad :)
Just saw this thanks for the reply! Just booked my flight and hotel SO EXCITED for the interview I guess I will see you there! (this is in response to luvdr :) )

YAY!!!! :love:

Just got the official acceptance email!

Last edited:
Welcome, Wololololololo

You may use this site frequently to check on your application status to the University of California, Davis School of Medicine

Last Login: 10/26/2011

Oh, I do use it frequently...

my first II !
the earliest day they had was jan 20, its kind of late, isnt it?
does it ever happen that new dates open up in earlier months?

thanks

my first II !

thanks
Do you mind sharing your stats? IS or OOS? I am waiting since early Aug. Thanks

my first II !

thanks

I believe they interview until march this year so don't worry :) And I asked about the likelyhood of people canceling and they said it doesn't happen but :xf: that some generous person who has already gotten into their Top school by Jan. will indeed cancel all other interviews... especially this one. Best wishes!

Members don't see this ad :)
my first II !

thanks

wow it's technically into February already for available interview spots and I haven't heard anything. I'm IS but I guess that's it if I don't hear anything now. :(

Why do they still call it UC Davis? Didn't the entire medical school move to Sacramento? UC Davis is a fine name, but in the old days, no one actually liked doing their basic science years in Davis because it's a cow town. It should be call UC Davis at Sacramento.

Since they have already begun sending out official acceptance emails, can we safely assume that the people who haven't received one has been waitlisted/rejected?

Don't mean to be so negative but the wait is killing me! :scared:

Since they have already begun sending out official acceptance emails, can we safely assume that the people who haven't received one has been waitlisted/rejected?

Don't mean to be so negative but the wait is killing me! :scared:

I'm just as lost as you are, but I suspect that that's the case. Oh well - onward to greener pastures I suppose...

I received any email from "ApplicantInterviews_admissions" on a Saturday. Is this normal? It's interesting it's not even from admissions office.

I've gotten emails from them, not sure if it was a Saturday though. Does anyone know when we'll be hearing back about waitlists and rejections? I assumed that they would start letting people know the same time they started accepting people, but I guess I was wrong.

Does anyone know how many OOS students UC Davis interviews/accepts?

Is it acceptable to call the school or email and ask about your status? I know they are really busy and everything so I have never considered doing that but it has been 3 months since completion and I heard absolutely nothing. Not a rejection, hold of any kind. Should I call or email to ask?
3.64, 3.7, 33M IS. Complete 7/21.

Is it acceptable to call the school or email and ask about your status? I know they are really busy and everything so I have never considered doing that but it has been 3 months since completion and I heard absolutely nothing. Not a rejection, hold of any kind. Should I call or email to ask?
3.64, 3.7, 33M IS. Complete 7/21.

I was complete mid july, and i called they said the same thing every other school says. Just wait, or its still early, and they don't take updates...so i kinda gave up.

hey guys! my status just says application complete...its been that way since july. For those also still waiting has your status changed to show that you are on hold or anything like that? thanks!

Wait listed. Am pretty excited. Thought for sure I was getting rejected after a rough day of interview! XD

Does anyone know how many OOS students UC Davis interviews/accepts?

Very few – according to US NEWS data
1000 - OOS applicants
14 - interviewed
2 - Accepted
:luck:

EDIT: That being said, I'm IS and have had my secondary complete since late July with no communication from them whatsoever.

Last edited:
Does no acceptance and no wait list = silent rejection?

Does no acceptance and no wait list = silent rejection?

Maybe you guys were more "acceptance" material than we were? They might be thinking harder about giving you an acceptance. Keep your chin up! :thumbup:

Maybe you guys were more "acceptance" material than we were? They might be thinking harder about giving you an acceptance. Keep your chin up! :thumbup:

way to be positive! :)... are you sending in update letters?

Hi all... just wanted to let everyone know that I hadn't heard back from UC Davis for a couple of months so I gave them a call and they said that I was placed on the interview waitlist. I hadn't received an email about this, and they said that there was some type of error and that I should have.

Just thought I should throw that out there for people who haven't heard anything, but I definitely suggest giving them a call! Everyone I talked to was super nice!

Just a heads up that I think UC Davis only accepts updates from interviewees in a post-interview survey that you fill out 24 hours after your interview. I don't think they accept any other updates

yea i got an email that specifically said
"please do not send any additional letters of recommendations and/or update letters"

Any one received any acceptance calls recently? I interviewed on 9/9 and they told us they would get back to us around 10/17 regarding admission status. I still haven't gotten a call, email, or update to my message center.

Just wondering if anyone has received post-interview acceptance calls, wait-list, or rejections.

Any one received any acceptance calls recently? I interviewed on 9/9 and they told us they would get back to us around 10/17 regarding admission status. I still haven't gotten a call, email, or update to my message center.

Just wondering if anyone has received post-interview acceptance calls, wait-list, or rejections.

People got acceptance calls the week of the 18th, and shortly thereafter people started getting waitlisted. I haven't heard of any rejections yet, though. I interviewed in September as well and I'm still waiting on a decision, and I can't shake the feeling that I'll be getting a rejection fairly soon.

People got acceptance calls the week of the 18th, and shortly thereafter people started getting waitlisted. I haven't heard of any rejections yet, though. I interviewed in September as well and I'm still waiting on a decision, and I can't shake the feeling that I'll be getting a rejection fairly soon.

Good luck to you kids.

Last edited:
for those who have already interviewed,

do you have any recommendations for cheap hotels and transportation ???

Hi all... just wanted to let everyone know that I hadn't heard back from UC Davis for a couple of months so I gave them a call and they said that I was placed on the interview waitlist. I hadn't received an email about this, and they said that there was some type of error and that I should have.

Just thought I should throw that out there for people who haven't heard anything, but I definitely suggest giving them a call! Everyone I talked to was super nice!

they told you that over the phone? what did you ask? i called them to ask about my status (no change, no rejection, since july) and they said, in maybe 10 words max, that i would find out in january.

Status
Not open for further replies.