2011-2012 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Complete 8/17.

Hmm, I was complete a little before 8/17 and haven't heard anything. I wonder if it's a hold for me then?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! Yes, email notification. Looks like 10/14 is the closest date available.

Hmm...I received an interview invite about a month ago, and at that time the only interview date I could sign up for was on 11/18. Do you think I should try to reschedule for an earlier date, or would that annoy them? There is an advantage to interviewing earlier right, since it's rolling admissions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Davis reject people pre interview or just reject at the end of the cycle? I have been under review since July 9th.

eek. interview tomorrow! anyone else in town and freaking out a bit? I've heard that MMI is actually pretty fun but I'm still nervous.
how'd it go?

yes i agree! im interviewing there in a few weeks and i would love to know more about MMI.... i'm definitely pretty nervous.. its my first interview and i really want to do well

yes i agree! im interviewing there in a few weeks and i would love to know more about MMI.... i'm definitely pretty nervous.. its my first interview and i really want to do well

For the MMI, the only way you can be prepared is to really relax, not think about it, and allow yourself to be yourself during the MMI. I know this sounds mehh but there will be lots of situations you'll be in and your life has prepared you well to deal with these situations. Just be yourself, be frank, and be genuine.

You will be fine--if you are a good hearted and genuine person, it will show through. That's why the MMI itself is so unique, there is no POSSIBLE WAY to prepare for it because you already have prepared for it by going through the different trials and tribulations in your life.

It's time to shine!

Any reapps interview here again this cycle that interviewed last cycle?

Hi all, long time lurker here. I just got an interview invite and hoping I can get some feedback.

Primary app: 8/5
Secondary app: 8/13
Interview inv: 9/18
Pending interview date: 12/2

As grateful as I am, I'm surprised that I got an interview here. Does anyone know how they will look at you after the interview? I got a feeling that even if I do really good on the interview, they will be like huh? How did this person even get a secondary in the first place???

I'm in-state, MCAT< 27, cGPA & sGPA = 50 percentile. I feel my extracurriculars aren't spectacular either. If you would like to find out more, feel free to PM me.

Ultimately, I'm hoping to connect with a UCD student, who has similar stats to me, and talk to them about their application cycle & experience.
Thanks in advanced.

As grateful as I am, I'm surprised that I got an interview here. Does anyone know how they will look at you after the interview? I got a feeling that even if I do really good on the interview, they will be like huh? How did this person even get a secondary in the first place???

When I went to the interview day, they said multiple times that anyone here (at the interview day) is obviously good enough to attend uc davis. So if you got the interview, I don't think you should be super nervous about your stats not being good enough, because they have already deemed you good enough. I'm not saying your on equal footing with someone with say a 35+ MCAT, but you definitely have a significant chance of getting accepted into the school.

Hi all, long time lurker here. I just got an interview invite and hoping I can get some feedback.

Primary app: 8/5
Secondary app: 8/13
Interview inv: 9/18
Pending interview date: 12/2

I'm in-state, MCAT< 27, cGPA & sGPA = 50 percentile. I feel my extracurriculars aren't spectacular either. If you would like to find out more, feel free to PM me.

Ultimately, I'm hoping to connect with a UCD student, who has similar stats to me, and talk to them about their application cycle & experience.
Thanks in advanced.
Maybe you're underestimating the strength of your ECs. Congrats on the interview!

When I went to the interview day, they said multiple times that anyone here (at the interview day) is obviously good enough to attend uc davis. So if you got the interview, I don't think you should be super nervous about your stats not being good enough, because they have already deemed you good enough. I'm not saying your on equal footing with someone with say a 35+ MCAT, but you definitely have a significant chance of getting accepted into the school.

Thanks, that really encouraging to hear!

Maybe you're underestimating the strength of your ECs. Congrats on the interview!

Thanks! It's hard to ignore some of the crazy ECs we see on SDN =/. I need to not let that discourage me.

Interview Invite!! Looking forward to checking out Davis :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i turned in my app on june 26, got verified on july 21, but still not sec app
gpa 3.2 mcat 33, i live twenty min from ucd med school. :(
should i send them an update letter??

i turned in my app on june 26, got verified on july 21, but still not sec app
gpa 3.2 mcat 33, i live twenty min from ucd med school. :(
should i send them an update letter??
I sent an update when I turned in my secondary, they replied and said they couldn't do updates for applicants. But then I got an invite a couple of days later. @@

anybody interviewing this Friday wants to share a hotel room on Thursday and Friday nights?

so my status page just says complete- does that mean its under review too? a lot of schools have differentiated between complete and under review. just wondering if you guys have the same thing!

so my status page just says complete- does that mean its under review too? a lot of schools have differentiated between complete and under review. just wondering if you guys have the same thing!

I think so. Mine has said that since 8/9 - sit tight!

What is going on here? I was complete in mid July and still nothing. Is this a silent rejection? I don't think my numbers are that bad and I am IS too.

What is going on here? I was complete in mid July and still nothing. Is this a silent rejection? I don't think my numbers are that bad and I am IS too.

Same. Complete 7/20, but no word yet...

Hello friends.

A basic question. Do you need an invitation from UC Davis Med school to activate their login page to the Applicant Portal or is it just open to anyone with an AMCAS ID and birhdate? AMCAS verified me and submitted my app some weeks ago but I just can't track my application. Thanks for your advice.

Hello friends.

A basic question. Do you need an invitation from UC Davis Med school to activate their login page to the Applicant Portal or is it just open to anyone with an AMCAS ID and birhdate? AMCAS verified me and submitted my app some weeks ago but I just can't track my application. Thanks for your advice.

Hey! Davis will screen your app and if they request secondary, I believe o ly then will u be able to access the site.

I applied kind of late. After filling in the 4 essays and 3 experiences, I made the payment. I assumed that making the payment = submitting the secondary because I searched and could not locate a "submit" button anywhere.
I just checked the statuses, and apparently the payment has a green check but the secondary still has a red cross. I'm afraid I might not have "officially" submitted. But for the life of me, I just can't find a submit button anywhere! Did I screw up something?

Ah!! So I did do something wrong! I needed to fill out the optional essays with "Not Applicable." I guess I just got used to other 2ndaries where you leave the optionals blank...

II!

Yay! complete on 9/11

the earliest date I could request was 12/9. have people had luck getting the interview day of their choice?

II today: 1st one..Good luck to everyone

Complete: 9/26

Been complete for over 2 months now and no II....ugh

:(

does anyone know if there's a way around the "30 day" deadline after receiving secondary invite?

I'm still waiting on a letter to arrive and it's been 30 days... should i bother paying the secondary fee if its going to be late?

edit - someone asked this earlier in the thread but I saw no response

Last edited:
does anyone know if there's a way around the "30 day" deadline after receiving secondary invite?

I'm still waiting on a letter to arrive and it's been 30 days... should i bother paying the secondary fee if its going to be late?

I'm not sure about the above question, but I just submitted. I'm excited to be waiting on this thread with all of you!

I think it should be fine as long as you submit the secondary on time. I almost had this problem but I asked my school's prehealth office and they said they told Davis that the letters might take awhile longer and I think Davis understood. So maybe ask whoever's writing a letter for you contact Davis? (BTW, I got an interview invite so I think it worked out)

I applied kind of late. After filling in the 4 essays and 3 experiences, I made the payment. I assumed that making the payment = submitting the secondary because I searched and could not locate a "submit" button anywhere.
I just checked the statuses, and apparently the payment has a green check but the secondary still has a red cross. I'm afraid I might not have "officially" submitted. But for the life of me, I just can't find a submit button anywhere! Did I screw up something?

Ah!! So I did do something wrong! I needed to fill out the optional essays with "Not Applicable." I guess I just got used to other 2ndaries where you leave the optionals blank...

LOL, I did the exact same thing! I went through the secondary app page by page repeatedly thinking, "where did I go wrong?" ;)

I asked about this because I have a similar situation. They said as long as everything else is submitted they will wait for the LORs.

any one else interviewing on 12/9?? I am nervous for the MMI!

5ezf5v.jpg

Same. I've been complete since 6/30.

Has anyone had success with calling the admissions office or with update letters?

When I called and asked they said they only accepted updates from ppl who have been invited for interview.

I've read through the thread, but haven't found a sure answer. Are we supposed to enter all our classes or just enough to fulfill the prereqs?

Thanks!

It was the only .jpg in google images that I could paste into here. And it is yet another day of silence.

I've read through the thread, but haven't found a sure answer. Are we supposed to enter all our classes or just enough to fulfill the prereqs?

Thanks!
I called and was told to enter just enough to fulfill the requirement. Call again to double check if you want.

Anyone know if Ed is making calls tomorrow? I really hope I am accepted on Sat Oct. 15.... it would be torture to wait any longer for a decision!!! :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.