2011-2012 University of Virginia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, i only see 9/6, 9/7, 9/13, and 9/14 available...
are these really the only options?
 
Last edited:
yeah, i only see 9/6, 9/7, 9/13, and 9/14 available...
are these really the only options?
If interviews are really only held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, that would be unfortunate...hopefully it's just that the other days have filled up already, not that they aren't even offered.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they were originally offered on the 6th, 7th, 8th, 12th, 13th. so there are mon and thurs interviews also. they just got filled. 14th is a new date as of today
 
hm...what do you guys think then, interview somewhere else on 9/12, fly to UVA that night and interview on 9/13, or go for 9/14 instead?
 
nah, Pitt! I only just got marked complete at case today. :xf:

also, are people taking the airport in charlottesville? I cant find any flights out after the interview...but that might just be b/c I'm heading back to CA...
 
Last edited:
make sure you can find a flight at a covenient time before scheduling the interview because you don't want to show up to an interview at 8am when you got off the plane at 2am
 
Charlottesville has a noise ordinance actually, so late flights are not an option. I'm 90% sure flights have to land by 11pm.

Richmond isn't that far (hour and a quarter?) if you have the means to get a ride or rent car (or maybe a Zipcar?)
 
With the cut for OOS applicants being so harsh, I'm assuming they thoroughly review LORs before extending interview invites?
 
If interviews are really only held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, that would be unfortunate...hopefully it's just that the other days have filled up already, not that they aren't even offered.

The past two years, they have interviewed Mon-Thurs, and make decisions on Friday. Also, I recommend staying with a student host before or after your interview. They're a valuable source of information about the school.

And for the record, the interview day doesn't start til 10
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the interview invite yesterday! Man these guys are quick! Got the II only 3 days from submitting my secondary. OOS applicant. Gl everyone
 
I just checked your MDApps, and we have the same exact stats, right down to the sectional grades on the MCAT.

Haha, I noticed the same thing. Good luck with your application cycle. We are applying to a few of the same schools as well (UVA, Duke, Wake, UNC)
 
Hey, has anyone that has received an interview uploaded their picture but not been able to see it? I think I uploaded mine successfully, but it's a little unnerving not to see any evidence other than an option to "delete."
 
Hey, has anyone that has received an interview uploaded their picture but not been able to see it? I think I uploaded mine successfully, but it's a little unnerving not to see any evidence other than an option to "delete."

I remember that when I uploaded mine the only thing I could see was that "X" symbol that shows up when an image didn't load properly. Im sure that you are going to be alright.
 
Last edited:
I have similar issue with photos. I'm trying to upload mine but can't confirm whether it's been uploaded
 
UVA was super speedy - sent my in state form via snail mail on Wed of last week to complete my application, interview invite today! So excited!!
 
LOOOOoooooook into my EEEEyyyyyyeeeessssssss, Universssssssssssity de la Virginia. Loooooooooookkk.... I sssssssssink we ssssssssshould be friendsssssssssssssss...
junglebook_24.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And it is for this reason that I am really trying to not obsessively check status pages all day. Do your WORK, fizzy... you're at woooorrrrkk... (and on SDN.. everybody zip it...).
 
And it is for this reason that I am really trying to not obsessively check status pages all day. Do your WORK, fizzy... you're at woooorrrrkk... (and on SDN.. everybody zip it...).

Me, too. I keep closing the tab and then reopening a few minutes later . . . not helping work productivity
 
to my fellow in-staters: did uva send you notification that they received the in-state form or do you just have to hope that they got it?
 
to my fellow in-staters: did uva send you notification that they received the in-state form or do you just have to hope that they got it?

No notification, but you can call and ask. The lady I talked to was very nice and she told me when it was received and processed.
 
Interview invite this morning! OOS. Submitted on 8/5 but didn't get my MCAT scores back till 8/9. Quick turnaround!
 
As per USN&WR 2010, Accepted/Interviewed
Overall: 0.79
IS: 0.85
OOS: 0.77

So a slight preference for IS, but still very good chances relative to most schools.

I think that that has more to do with the relative number of IS vs OOS interviews they conduct. There are far more OOS students who are interviewed than IS students, but a very small number of seats. Our class has a majority of OOS students.

Like mvenus mentioned, UVA has a very relaxed interview process, so try to enjoy the day!
 
UVA was super speedy - sent my in state form via snail mail on Wed of last week to complete my application, interview invite today! So excited!!


They'll be super speedy on getting back to you too. I interviewed the first week of December and had an acceptance about a week and a half later.

I loved going to UVA. I went through the old curriculum...which rocked, my class Step I average was 235. I can't speak much to the new curriculum, but I hear it's working well...and the new facilities rock.

Best of luck all!...the interview lunch is the best ever. heheh. If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me. 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They'll be super speedy on getting back to you too. I interviewed the first week of December and had an acceptance about a week and a half later.

I loved going to UVA. I went through the old curriculum...which rocked, my class Step I average was 235. I can't speak much to the new curriculum, but I hear it's working well...and the new facilities rock.

Best of luck all!...the interview lunch is the best ever. heheh. If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me. 👍

awww man, now i'm worried. i was complete aug 4 and i haven't heard back from uva yet. =\
 
awww man, now i'm worried. i was complete aug 4 and i haven't heard back from uva yet. =\

Don't be. A good portion of my class didn't interview until after winter break. They haven't even started interviews yet. Just because you weren't in the very first batch of interviews doesn't mean that you won't get one. You can start worrying if you haven't heard anything by December.
 
For those who are interested, the stats for the class of 2015 have been posted:

Link

Interesting note: there was shift in our class to majority in-state compared to the class of 2014.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.