You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
All is quiet on Rainbow 6 tonight.
Sent from my phone
Sent from my phone
First draft of research essay: 7000 characters. I could have sworn I was being concise. Goodbye, theoretical background. You're less important than the justification for my work.
And the study isn't even done yet 🙄. I hope my paltry preliminary results section satisfies their curiosity. Or whatever it is I'm supposed to be satisfying.
And the study isn't even done yet 🙄. I hope my paltry preliminary results section satisfies their curiosity. Or whatever it is I'm supposed to be satisfying.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just submitted the secondary....that was a beast. 😴
I spent all week writing the essays, and put off my other secondaries to finish this one for Case Western (In retrospect probably a bad idea, considering how big of a reach school this is for me). I thought I might be late, but it looks like others are still working on theirs as well.
Now to do the other secondaries...
I spent all week writing the essays, and put off my other secondaries to finish this one for Case Western (In retrospect probably a bad idea, considering how big of a reach school this is for me). I thought I might be late, but it looks like others are still working on theirs as well.
Now to do the other secondaries...
Last edited:
😕 I are confused?I applied to the University track and CCLCM program, yet my research essay does not contain the portion of why I want to be a physician investigator. Should I still answer it?
Why should you not answer it?
I applied to the University track and CCLCM program, yet my research essay does not contain the portion of why I want to be a physician investigator. Should I still answer it?
The application removed the part of the question asking why you want to be a physician investigator, so I think you can just submit the research essay without that portion.
If you are already submitting your app that's pretty early. I did not get mine done till much later in the cycle. Hell, at this stage I was still working on my primary methinks.
The application removed the part of the question asking why you want to be a physician investigator, so I think you can just submit the research essay without that portion.
Thanks.
Thanks! Yes I applied to both but only heard back from UP.
Anyone know if this means I am out of the CP running?
When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just last night I was thinking there wasn't a huge rush on this secondary because no interviews had been extended. Oh how quickly things change haha
If you get an invite to UP but not CP at this point, is that essentially a CP rejection? I think I read that they typically offered them back to back.
i was under the same impression. i am waiting till mid august to hear back from both at the same time.
same here, UP, complete 27th, II today
ecstatic!
Darn...I was complete on 7/24 and all quiet over here
This is true - it is still very early. Chillax folks.If you are already submitting your app that's pretty early. I did not get mine done till much later in the cycle. Hell, at this stage I was still working on my primary methinks.
Yes. The list will either be supplied when the offer to interview is extended, or when it becomes finalized.Does Case have student hosts during the interview season?
test.test
test test...is this thing on?test
This does not matter one iota, by the way.When were you complete?
...and you meant to say by far the BEST thing to happen. 😉Interview invite to case!!! Second one of the season, I'm so excited! Been anticipating rejections after reading the Chicago thread and this was a welcome surprise.
👍Same here! Got my invite today, completed 7/23. I'd also anticipated a rejection and it's only the second I've heard from.
Again, this will not be very useful for other people to see.Just for info's sake, complete 7/26, II 7/31, University Program.
No, I applied University Track only.
These folks will tend to hear back first - as I have mentioned many times before.No, UP only
Just last night I was thinking there wasn't a huge rush on this secondary because no interviews had been extended. Oh how quickly things change haha
if this is what it takes to motivate you cool. Please do not sacrifice quality for earlier submission, though.Hmmmm...you did read that. I never say never. It is WAY too early to say that.If you get an invite to UP but not CP at this point, is that essentially a CP rejection? I think I read that they typically offered them back to back.
I'd wait as long as it takes. There is nothing special about August, for what it is worth.i was under the same impression. i am waiting till mid august to hear back from both at the same time.
Coolio.same here, UP, complete 27th, II today ecstatic!
Order of submission really has almost no bearing on the timing of Case's response.Darn...I was complete on 7/24 and all quiet over here
Indeed. Tis' a good school.Just submitted! I am excited. I love Case.Those were some hard essays, though.
Sweet!Interview offered today! Secondary submitted 7/24
vc7777 out
.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. The list will either be supplied when the offer to interview is extended, or when it becomes finalized.
vc7777 out
Thanks for answering all of our questions, vc7777 and all the other Case students here. Looking forward to meeting some of you in a couple of months!
The Mayo thread is way better than this one...we have a ton more posts. You guys need to work harder to compete with the best...
...seriously?

Does anyone know if Case has any sort of student hosting program for interviews?
I was being stupid last night and typing in one of the essays directly to the secondary website. I typed about 4000 characters and went to hit save and the page refreshed and said my session had timed out. I was so sad, and I'm trying to muster up some energy to retype it now. This secondary is a monster.
The closest hotel is the Glidden House--it's right on campus--but it's quite expensive. $200+/night, I think. When my family visited me during undergrad they stayed out in Beachwood, which is fine if you have a car. I usually just booked their hotels using Priceline and managed to get rooms for ~$50/night + tax. It might be easier to find a place in the boonies (relatively) that's near the RTA, though, if you are coming in by plane and won't have a car.
Does anyone know if Case has any sort of student hosting program for interviews?
Does Case have student hosts during the interview season?
Quoting myself FTW!Yes. The list will either be supplied when the offer to interview is extended, or when it becomes finalized.
Still no secondary, verified on the 6th of last month...gonna call office again.
Does anyone know if Case has any sort of student hosting program for interviews?
When you schedule the interview, it tells you that the list will become available in mid-August when the incoming MS2s come back from summer break.
I submitted my application early in the morning and was marked as complete tonight!
I have one concern though...I have submitted 5 letters, and one of them (which was received by AMCAS on 7/26) has not been marked as received by some of the schools that input letters manually (such as WashU and Pritzker). (It has been received by faster schools such as Harvard.) But I haven't been able to find a way to see if Case has received all 5 letters, or just the first 4...do any current students know if Case is usually quick in receiving and processing the letters. I'm planning to call to confirm that they have received all 5 letters...but in the worst case scenario that they've only received 4, when the 5th one is received, would it still be added to my application or would it be too late? (I really hope not since that's my most important letter!)
I have one concern though...I have submitted 5 letters, and one of them (which was received by AMCAS on 7/26) has not been marked as received by some of the schools that input letters manually (such as WashU and Pritzker). (It has been received by faster schools such as Harvard.) But I haven't been able to find a way to see if Case has received all 5 letters, or just the first 4...do any current students know if Case is usually quick in receiving and processing the letters. I'm planning to call to confirm that they have received all 5 letters...but in the worst case scenario that they've only received 4, when the 5th one is received, would it still be added to my application or would it be too late? (I really hope not since that's my most important letter!)
Am I correct in saying that nobody has received a CP interview yet? I applied to both UP and CP, secondary was complete 7/20. Minimal correspondence with Case since that time
I would say minimal is better at this point. I applied to both, received a UP invite last week and no CP correspondence, but they typically are delayed and have the interviews back to back if CP is considering you.
i'm in the same boat. they'll make a decision at the same time so you don't have to travel twice or wait on a separate decision from the other program. it takes longer because both adcoms have to look at your app and decide before they get back to you. I think last year they were giving out individual II's in the first week of July, but didn't give out joint decisions until beginning of august.Am I correct in saying that nobody has received a CP interview yet? I applied to both UP and CP, secondary was complete 7/20. Minimal correspondence with Case since that time
i'm in the same boat. they'll make a decision at the same time so you don't have to travel twice or wait on a separate decision from the other program. it takes longer because both adcoms have to look at your app and decide before they get back to you. I think last year they were giving out individual II's in the first week of July, but didn't give out joint decisions until beginning of august.
I hope that this is the Case. Get it guys? Case?

i'm in the same boat. they'll make a decision at the same time so you don't have to travel twice or wait on a separate decision from the other program. it takes longer because both adcoms have to look at your app and decide before they get back to you. I think last year they were giving out individual II's in the first week of July, but didn't give out joint decisions until beginning of august.
Last year has no bearing on this year folks. Do not flip out if there are no CCLCM invites for a few more weeks
Sent from my phone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope that this is the Case. Get it guys? Case?![]()
I see what you did there.
On another note, does anyone have an idea for when the next set of II for the UP will be sent out?
Stop trying to correlate completion time with interview invite. There is no correlation.
But we do have student hosting. You'll get information about that after a list is compiled.
But we do have student hosting. You'll get information about that after a list is compiled.
Bumpity doo-dah, bumpity-dee.
Twenty percent of my attention is constantly devoted to this waiting, this medical school application purgatory. Maybe thirty percent. I know it's irrational to hope for correspondence from Case tomorrow--my file was complete yesterday--but I have that hope. That hope suffuses my sensory awareness like an octopus taking a bubble bath.
How are you all managing the wait? I really ought to be working on secondaries, rather than complaining about my lack of IIs, but I'm curious to hear what folks do in times like these. Are there some who don't think it's any more stressful than usual? Are there some who think it is stressful, and deal with it by biking thirty miles a day, or learning how to make sugar sculptures, or joining a motorcycle gang?
Seriously, though. What are the mechanisms by which you cope?
Twenty percent of my attention is constantly devoted to this waiting, this medical school application purgatory. Maybe thirty percent. I know it's irrational to hope for correspondence from Case tomorrow--my file was complete yesterday--but I have that hope. That hope suffuses my sensory awareness like an octopus taking a bubble bath.
How are you all managing the wait? I really ought to be working on secondaries, rather than complaining about my lack of IIs, but I'm curious to hear what folks do in times like these. Are there some who don't think it's any more stressful than usual? Are there some who think it is stressful, and deal with it by biking thirty miles a day, or learning how to make sugar sculptures, or joining a motorcycle gang?
Seriously, though. What are the mechanisms by which you cope?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K