You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Hofstra University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
oh hofstra, i wish you would make admissions decisions a lot sooner than stated.
![]()
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm supposed to be coming into NYC from DC by train Tuesday night for a Wednesday interview. Hofstra is giving the option to reschedule. Anybody from the area think this might be a wise option?
By the sounds of things in the general allopathic discussion I think it'd be a good idea to reschedule. Theres been one person that said the storm is blown out of proportion and everyone else is basically saying run for the hills!
.
Last edited:
I just got an interview at another school in NY for next friday 11/9. Should I send an "in the area" email to Hofstra? They probably won't be able to accomodate me even if they are going to send an interview invite right?! I dont want to seem pushy, because it is NEXT week. Anyone have any insight?
I'm supposed to be coming into NYC from DC by train Tuesday night for a Wednesday interview. Hofstra is giving the option to reschedule. Anybody from the area think this might be a wise option?
I live in long island and the worst of the storm should be over by Tuesday night but you might want to check the MTA website to see when public transportation will be up and running again. As of now all nyc and long island public transportation is shutdown
.
Last edited:
Interviewing Dec 10. I booked Red Roof Inn Dec 8-10. It is a nice modern hotel a few miles from Hofstra; if any female is interested in sharing a room (2 full beds) with me it'll be $50 a night and we can explore the school together!
Now interviewing Monday December 10th (rescheduled due to storm). Anybody want to split a hotel room at the Marriott the night before (I'm male but male or female roommate is fine). Also anybody interested in splitting a cab back to JFK after the interview?
Hey guys - I haven't received any "completed" email from Hofstra and my online portal has no notification that it's complete. It just says the following:
Requirements for completed application
Submission of the supplemental application must be NO LATER THAN January 15, 2013. Please note that your application will NOT be considered submitted until you sign and click on the 'Submit Application' button on the Secondary App tab. (Optional Program applications can be submitted at a later date.)
You can check the status of your application by going to the Status link. Once all required items are received (including Letters of Reference, your application will then considered "complete" and it will be moved onto the screening process. You will also be updated on your status by email.
But it has check marks next to all my requirements. I'm sorry if this is a repeated question, but should I have received a complete email?
Requirements for completed application
Submission of the supplemental application must be NO LATER THAN January 15, 2013. Please note that your application will NOT be considered submitted until you sign and click on the 'Submit Application' button on the Secondary App tab. (Optional Program applications can be submitted at a later date.)
You can check the status of your application by going to the Status link. Once all required items are received (including Letters of Reference, your application will then considered "complete" and it will be moved onto the screening process. You will also be updated on your status by email.
But it has check marks next to all my requirements. I'm sorry if this is a repeated question, but should I have received a complete email?
Got an II!! I didn't even know I was officially "complete" at this school, lol. I submitted 9/25.
Got an II!! I didn't even know I was officially "complete" at this school, lol. I submitted 9/25.
That's fantastic! Congrats!👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's fantastic! Congrats!👍
Thanks a lot! We have very similar stats, so I'm rootin for you!
Thanks a lot! We have very similar stats, so I'm rootin for you!
Haha exactly what I was thinking! I'm going to be checking my email anxiously from now on haha.
Haha exactly what I was thinking! I'm going to be checking my email anxiously from now on haha.
Hahaha, good luck!!
For those who have interviewed, have they started being more specific as to when we would hear back? For my
Interview date they were pretty vague and mentioned they hoped to get them out before January. Anyone have an update on this?
Interview date they were pretty vague and mentioned they hoped to get them out before January. Anyone have an update on this?
For those who have interviewed, have they started being more specific as to when we would hear back? For my
Interview date they were pretty vague and mentioned they hoped to get them out before January. Anyone have an update on this?
At my interview day she said they'd start releasing acceptances in December
Would you mind sharing how far out the dates for II's are?
There were a few dates in January when I scheduled my interview (these were the earliest dates). I scheduled mine for 01/07. Good luck!
At my interview day she said they'd start releasing acceptances in December
yea, they said december at my interview too. BTW can anyone give me the email on the interview folder they told us to send correspondence to? I left for vacation right after my interview and totally forgot about thank you notes. Just want to make sure i send them to the right place.
yea, they said december at my interview too. BTW can anyone give me the email on the interview folder they told us to send correspondence to? I left for vacation right after my interview and totally forgot about thank you notes. Just want to make sure i send them to the right place.
Can I ask you when did you interview? They told me december too, but that was back in late october. I'm wondering if due to Hurricane Sandy they may have shifted that time-table. Has anyone who has been interviewed post-Sandy been told that acceptances will still come out in December?
Can I ask you when did you interview? They told me december too, but that was back in late october. I'm wondering if due to Hurricane Sandy they may have shifted that time-table. Has anyone who has been interviewed post-Sandy been told that acceptances will still come out in December?
I interviewed on the 9th of November so the dates have not been moved back.
Since you have interviewed can you give me the email on the interview folder they told us to send correspondence to? I left for vacation right after my interview and totally forgot about thank you notes. Just want to make sure i send them to the right place.
[👍 PMed it to you.
Does anyone know how the admissions process works for those that interview early? I interviewed on 10/03, but if acceptances do not get sent until December, does that mean that admissions committees do not meet until December? Or do they meet some time earlier, make a decision, but do not officially notify candidates until December?
Does anyone know how the admissions process works for those that interview early? I interviewed on 10/03, but if acceptances do not get sent until December, does that mean that admissions committees do not meet until December? Or do they meet some time earlier, make a decision, but do not officially notify candidates until December?
We interviewed together : )
What I understood from what they told us was that a week or so after our interviews they met and discussed our application. They probably gave us a score of some sort that allows for a ranking of the candidates. After most interviews are complete at december they draw a line for scores at initial acceptances vs waitlist vs rejection so basically while we were reviewed earlier than others I don't think we were given any advantage as a result.
We interviewed together : )
What I understood from what they told us was that a week or so after our interviews they met and discussed our application. They probably gave us a score of some sort that allows for a ranking of the candidates. After most interviews are complete at december they draw a line for scores at initial acceptances vs waitlist vs rejection so basically while we were reviewed earlier than others I don't think we were given any advantage as a result.
Thank you! I must have not been paying attention 😳
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just rejected pre-interview. Feels bad man.
Good luck to everyone else!
I'm so sorry 🙁
I haven't heard anything yet, did they email it you?
Yup, email and status page update.
I was complete 9/4.
We were complete on the same day 🙁
rejected pre-interview via email 👎
+1
rejected by email today. complete mid-july. I was actually considering withdrawing my app here so it's all good!
also rejected today by email, and also complete mid-july
Rejected pre interview. This masters program I am doing is not pulling its weight.
just got accepted!
CONGRATS! When did you interview? I thought hofstra weren't going to hand out acceptances until mid-december.
Troll?
If not troll, email or phone call?
But likely a troll considering premed24 has only one post
But likely a troll considering premed24 has only one post
Troll?
I don't think so. Checked Hofstra's facebook page. They just announced an hour ago that they started their rolling admissions.
Omg I just got accepted
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Omg I just got accepted
Hahahaha Congratulations!!!
Omg I just got accepted
wow congrats! when did you interview?
10/3 interview!!!! I cant believe it! I'm sooooooo excited!!!!!
10/3 interview!!!! I cant believe it! I'm sooooooo excited!!!!!
I'm very happy for you!! 👍
I hope to be offered an ii from them, hopefully soon.
Ahh Accepted by email!!! 😱 
Interviewed end of October. Can't believe they're making decisions already! I loved everything about the school when I was interviewing, but it's still a little scary to go somewhere with no match list or Step scores. I have a lot to think about.

Interviewed end of October. Can't believe they're making decisions already! I loved everything about the school when I was interviewing, but it's still a little scary to go somewhere with no match list or Step scores. I have a lot to think about.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
