You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Can someone post the secondary prompts? Thank you!
My understanding is that Jefferson usually just has an optional essay, "Is there anything else we should know about you" kinda thing. No prompts. But this is just a guess.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No secondary yet. :-( Are they rolling them out over the week to avoid server strain?
Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile
Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile
No secondary yet either...
No secondary here either. Verified 6/5. Are u guys planning to leave the optional blank? I really have nothing to add unless I wanna say "why Jefferson" which I think may be performed as needless writing.
i got a secondary yesterday, but it seems that their secondary site isn't working with the login/password that they provided. with the holiday today, im assuming it won't be fixed until Friday. perhaps they're holding off on sending out additional secondary invites because they know there's a glitch. just a guess on my part
i got a secondary yesterday, but it seems that their secondary site isn't working with the login/password that they provided. with the holiday today, im assuming it won't be fixed until Friday. perhaps they're holding off on sending out additional secondary invites because they know there's a glitch. just a guess on my part
i am able to view the secondary in pdf form, just not the online submitting version. the only essay question is an additional information short essay (it doesn't indicate word/character limit)
i am able to view the secondary in pdf form, just not the online submitting version. the only essay question is an additional information short essay (it doesn't indicate word/character limit)
Yeah same essay as past.
.
Anybody have any luck accessing the site to submit or receiving news from Jefferson about the problem? Thanks!
Anyone?
Anyone?
Just got off the phone with admissions. They said that there were issues with their secondary app website and they should be fixed by tomorrow.
Just got off the phone with admissions. They said that there were issues with their secondary app website and they should be fixed by tomorrow.
So I'm guessing why I some people haven't gotten secondaries yet?
So I'm guessing why I some people haven't gotten secondaries yet?
yeah exactly, so no reason to worry yet
yeah exactly, so no reason to worry yet
I've been anxious. I know for sure there was no way I could have gotten filtered out with my stats... Was starting to think there was a glitch in AMCAS or something... We'll see...

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Uhh the secondary asks me to list my SAT/ACT scores? What the heck is that for real?
Uhh the secondary asks me to list my SAT/ACT scores? What the heck is that for real?
Did they mix up the application to the medical school with the application to the undergraduate school? 😕
ugh, they screen for below 8?! I wasted $33 bux. damn it.
Our procedure is to send a supplementary application and brochure to everyone who applies. However, not every applicant can be granted an interview.
Taken right from their website
ugh, they screen for below 8?! I wasted $33 bux. damn it.
Someone on the forums said that it was 8 and below, so I was waiting to be cut off as well (8 in PS) but I just received a secondary. I am sorry you got screened out. 🙁
Uhh the secondary asks me to list my SAT/ACT scores? What the heck is that for real?
I dont even remember my ACT score
Hey all, incoming M1 at Jefferson here. I'll try to answer whatever questions I can when I'm around about school and such (feel free to pm me as well).
There was some discussion about the ACT/SAT thing last year as well, and IIRC it was not mandatory to put those on the app. Just to be sure, I would definitely have one of you email the admissions office and report back though.
Throughout my whole application process, the admissions staff were very responsive so don't hesitate to ask them stuff rather than have everyone scratching their heads and guessing!
Lol this was my favorite, most painless secondary yet!!
You received it already?
You received it already?
Yes, yesterday evening
Do you mind sharing the prompts? 🙂
Yes, please!
- Asking on behalf of all SDN applicants lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
8. Have you ever been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic or parking violation? If you answer yes, please provide an explanation in the space provided. (*** Please limit your response to 4000 characters and do not cut and paste from word, you may cut and paste from Notepad on your PC or text edit from your Apple PC. ***)
9. If there is any additional information you would like to provide please include it in the box below.
(*** Please limit your response to 4000 characters and do not cut and paste from word, you may cut and paste from Notepad on your PC or text edit from your Apple PC. ***)
9. If there is any additional information you would like to provide please include it in the box below.
(*** Please limit your response to 4000 characters and do not cut and paste from word, you may cut and paste from Notepad on your PC or text edit from your Apple PC. ***)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awesome, thanks!8. Have you ever been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic or parking violation? If you answer yes, please provide an explanation in the space provided. (*** Please limit your response to 4000 characters and do not cut and paste from word, you may cut and paste from Notepad on your PC or text edit from your Apple PC. ***)
9. If there is any additional information you would like to provide please include it in the box below.
(*** Please limit your response to 4000 characters and do not cut and paste from word, you may cut and paste from Notepad on your PC or text edit from your Apple PC. ***)
*sigh* No secondary... :-(
*sigh* No secondary... :-(
Here's to hoping we receive one soon.
Thank-you to those who posted the prompts so we can all pre-write!
Does anyone know how strict they are about the letter of recommendation requirement? I don't have a LOR from a physics professor....
Does anyone know how strict they are about the letter of recommendation requirement? I don't have a LOR from a physics professor....
my friend had an interview last cycle with two letters from biology and one from humanities
my friend had an interview last cycle with two letters from biology and one from humanities
That's nice! Then I don't need to bother my physics professor now for just one school...
Does anyone have any advice for the "Is there any other information you would like to provide us" prompt? Optional essays are the worst kind =[
Hey Zach,
If you are having a real hard time figuring out what to write, I don't think it would hurt you tremendously to leave it blank, as opposed to trying to conjure up some BS. Though it may help you in the long run if you can find some genuine reasons why you would want to attend Jeff. Are there any particular activities that you have been involved with in the past that align with the opportunities offered at Jefferson? Anything that makes Jefferson stand out in terms of fit amidst the other schools you are applying to?
my friend had an interview last cycle with two letters from biology and one from humanities
+1
also had two letters from biology and one from humanities and was granted an interview here. (Also I had additional letters from my research Professor and volunteer manager)
anyone get a secondary today? still waiting... 🙁
same
kind of annoying... wasting the effort of applying early just to sit around for weeks waiting for a secondary [while some, on the other hand, get theirs out].
Don't worry, you'll be able to submit this secondary in like two minutes flat. It's one page of basic info and an optional essay, anything else we should know. I received mine at 5:15 and it was submitted half an hour later, even though I included a why Jefferson type if response for the essay.
So for the "any additional information" question, I wrote a little bit about "why Jefferson" and I feel that I was able to convey my message in a couple of decently-sized paragraphs (1200 characters w/spaces).
Do you guys think this will be beneficial and show interest, or do you think it will look bad that I'm only writing a couple of paragraphs? I don't want them to have to read an entire page of BS/filler for an optional essay.
Do you guys think this will be beneficial and show interest, or do you think it will look bad that I'm only writing a couple of paragraphs? I don't want them to have to read an entire page of BS/filler for an optional essay.
So for the "any additional information" question, I wrote a little bit about "why Jefferson" and I feel that I was able to convey my message in a couple of decently-sized paragraphs (1200 characters w/spaces).
Do you guys think this will be beneficial and show interest, or do you think it will look bad that I'm only writing a couple of paragraphs? I don't want them to have to read an entire page of BS/filler for an optional essay.
If you've said everything you want to say, then stop. Like you said, you do not want to BS. Quality over quantity.
If you've said everything you want to say, then stop. Like you said, you do not want to BS. Quality over quantity.
+1
I wrote a few short paragraphs last year. There are only a couple people reading all 10k+ apps, and I know I wouldn't want to read fluff for the sake of fluff if I were in their shoes

Also remember that Jefferson is receptive to update letters, and letters of interest/intent as the application season progresses. You can always stay in contact with them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah, thank you guys so much, I feel better about my response now! I will keep the update thing in mind throughout the cycle...that's helpful info. 🙂
same
kind of annoying... wasting the effort of applying early just to sit around for weeks waiting for a secondary [while some, on the other hand, get theirs out].
+1 man
Jefferson is receptive to update letters, and letters of interest/intent as the application season progresses. You can always stay in contact with them.
👍
the login still isn't working for me! how did everyone else get it to work?!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K