You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Interview Status: Decision Pending
Does anyone know how fast Jeff is at getting back to us for interview decisions? Thanks.
It really just depends..my secondary was marked complete in July and I didn't interview until the first week of April (after I sent in a letter of interest in February - so as it has been said before in this thread, definitely express your interest)
Are there any current/former students that can tell me more about the Physician Shortage Area Program (PSAP)? I grew up in a rural town and am interested in serving an underserved area. Does Jefferson give preference to these students in admissions? Do you have to sign a contract or anything saying you'll practice in a rural setting?
Thanks in advance!
Thanks in advance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was hoping to receive the secondary this morning 🙁 Do you guys think I should email them to verify they've received my app? Submitted & verified 6/5.
Sigh..still haven't gotten it either. I was verified on 6/18.
I was hoping to receive the secondary this morning 🙁 Do you guys think I should email them to verify they've received my app? Submitted & verified 6/5.
I haven't gotten one either and I also submitted 6/5 and was verified 6/7!! 😕
I called them this morning. they said everyone should be receiving a secondary soon
I called them this morning. they said everyone should be receiving a secondary soon
+1 I called and was told the same thing.
The person answering these calls must have the patience of Mother Theresa... I can't even begin to imagine the amount of calls they get from neurotic pre-meds.
.
Last edited:
She was very nice. I dont consider it neurotic. When you've been thru as much as I have to get to this point and know how important being early is, it causes one to be persistent as hell.
I reckon it is the same lady who answered the phones last cycle when I applied to Jefferson. She was quite possibly the single most awesome admissions office lady of any admissions office out there!
I reckon it is the same lady who answered the phones last cycle when I applied to Jefferson. She was quite possibly the single most awesome admissions office lady of any admissions office out there!
Yea she was ridiculously nice. I was actually shocked. Not that other people are mean, but not many others stand out as super nice like she did.
I still can't manage to find the "MD Program" when starting the application. Has admissions responded about that yet?
Thanks!
Thanks!
have you figured this out yet? I haven't.....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ditto. I can't login either. There is no MD application option in the dropdown menu.
Someone please post if you get a reply from the admissions office. Thanks!
has this been figured out yet? I'm still having trouble
Thanks!
Working on MD app now. Maybe you guys can try again?
Login is AAMC ID, password is birthday (mmddyy).
Login is AAMC ID, password is birthday (mmddyy).
Working on MD app now. Maybe you guys can try again?
Login is AAMC ID, password is birthday (mmddyy).
Did you have to create a new account or did you just enter the numbers in and go
Did you have to create a new account or did you just enter the numbers in and go
just enter the numbers. it was in the email they sent, so I think they create your account for you.
has this been figured out yet? I'm still having trouble
Thanks!
I just didn't select anything in that dropdown. It looked like the ones in the dropdown menu were only the "special" programs, so I assumed if I chose nothing that would mean I'm just applying regular ol' MD
I just didn't select anything in that dropdown. It looked like the ones in the dropdown menu were only the "special" programs, so I assumed if I chose nothing that would mean I'm just applying regular ol' MD
Yea that's what I figured.
Yea that's what I figured.
You got one weezy? Maybe I should call
You got one weezy? Maybe I should call
I haven't received one yet either?? If you call, let me know what they say!
You got one weezy? Maybe I should call
Yep I did.
Do we really need to supply our ACT and SAT scores? Or is this just an option?
I left them blank. Apparently last year it was discovered that it wont count against you if you dont put it there. I would have if I remembered my scores, but that was 8 years ago so I have no idea.
When I go to the www.Jefferson.edu/JMC/ link in my secondary I can only see the PDF version of the application. Am I just being blind and not seeing the online secondary link?
When I go to the www.Jefferson.edu/JMC/ link in my secondary I can only see the PDF version of the application. Am I just being blind and not seeing the online secondary link?
I did the same thing and was 2 seconds away from printing out the secondary and filling it out by hand. lol. After you click "apply online," when you get to the next page with the pdf files, click "apply online" again in the exact same spot.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whoo! Submitted! Probably hosting an admission's speaker in the Fall... Maybe I can sweet talk her into putting some priority on my application... *wink*
I did the same thing and was 2 seconds away from printing out the secondary and filling it out by hand. lol. After you click "apply online," when you get to the next page with the pdf files, click "apply online" again in the exact same spot.
Found it. TYVM.
dafuq yo...when am i going to get this secondary 😡
dafuq yo...when am i going to get this secondary 😡
Same!!😕
Same!!😕
Maybe tonights the night! I say that every night before I go to bed though

Maybe tonights the night! I say that every night before I go to bed though![]()
Dexter? 😍
I want the secondary, but at the same time I don't want it so that way I have time to work on my other secondaries without worrying about this one lol
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_66jPJVS4JE[/YOUTUBE]
hahaha
It's time for some music videos....
Good idea!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEjaOj7Qux8[/YOUTUBE]
"Easy now, Hush love, hush. Don't distress yourself, what's your rush? Keep your thoughts nice and lush, wait.
...
All good things come to those who can wait." 😛
In all seriousness, I know the application process sucks guys. Don't let this be something that stresses you out too badly, it'll be coming. Worry more about some of those more brutal secondaries you probably have stacked up or on their way.
I want the secondary, but at the same time I don't want it so that way I have time to work on my other secondaries without worrying about this one lol
Same.
i read about it previously in the thread, but i thought i'd confirm it here. i called admissions today and although they do average your mcat scores, they don't do any sort of screening once you submit your secondary 🙂
Finally got it 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got it and submitted. Does it take some time for your application and fee payment status to change or does it automatically?
Got it and submitted. Does it take some time for your application and fee payment status to change or does it take some time?
it's not instantaneous so it'll be a while
it's not instantaneous so it'll be a while
Thanks! Good luck
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
