2012-2013 Mayo Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha this is true. Maybe that means that others who get accepted here don't want it as bad, and hopefully we can take their place!

Btw, don't know if this interests anyone, but I couldn't figure out a pattern from last year's thread whether not receiving an email before 12-2pm is a good sign or not. Sometimes the "on hold" emails went out before the calls, and other times after the calls. Guess Mayo likes to keep things interesting..

+1 all I know is I love Mayo and I hope they love me
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No one from 8/10 got interviews?!?!?!?! Does that mean that all the seats are given out already and they are just rejecting those who are complete?
 
Just accepted via phone call!

Yea No kidding congrats! We interviewed at some of the same schools, except I was there a week or two after you, so I am hoping to hear in a few hours or days. Did you get a ranked email from Mayo. I saw a lot of people who went on the same day as me were ranked but I never got an email.
 
Congratulations! Big day!



No word over here yet... Got the ranked email about a week or two ago.

No call, no emails here. I interviewed 10/1 and got the ranked email 10/10...haha maybe they didn't have a chance to make a decision on my app
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No call, no emails here. I interviewed 10/1 and got the ranked email 10/10...haha maybe they didn't have a chance to make a decision on my app

We had the same interview day! And I said I was ranked a "week or two ago," but it was only on 10/10 as well haha. Time has gone by so slow these past few days waiting for the 15th...
 
So the people who are interviewing now are interviewing for WL seats?

Not necessarily. If last years thread was any indication, Mayo accepts a new handful of applicants every two weeks. These acceptances can come from those already on the waitlist or those that recently interviewed and were not yet placed on the waitlist. So a later interview still has a shot at a fairly quick acceptance.

I believe Mayo re-evaluates all applicants in this manner for awhile. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!
 
Anyone know if mayo is switching up the application process this year? Last year hold emails went out the same day as acceptances but it seems like no one has been put on hold as of yet this year.
 
Anyone know if mayo is switching up the application process this year? Last year hold emails went out the same day as acceptances but it seems like no one has been put on hold as of yet this year.

Not sure if they changed their process or not, but there may be applicants who were put on hold who don't know about SDN or chose not to post on here.

In other news, got ranked today, so I'm guessing the committee met today as predicted. Heart literally started beating faster...God I want this place so bad..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure if they changed their process or not, but there may be applicants who were put on hold who don't know about SDN or chose not to post on here.

In other news, got ranked today, so I'm guessing the committee met today as predicted. Heart literally started beating faster...God I want this place so bad..

Well if their process stayed the same then everyone who was up for consideration for the first selection (which is everyone who has been ranked so far) should have been placed on hold if they were not offered an acceptance. That means around 75+ people should have been placed on hold (including myself haha). However there hasnt been a single peep, unlike last year, which makes me think that either something has changed in how they process applications, or they are running behind with the hold list.

In any way best of luck to you!
 
Well if their process stayed the same then everyone who was up for consideration for the first selection (which is everyone who has been ranked so far) should have been placed on hold if they were not offered an acceptance. That means around 75+ people should have been placed on hold (including myself haha). However there hasnt been a single peep, unlike last year, which makes me think that either something has changed in how they process applications, or they are running behind with the hold list.

In any way best of luck to you!

Ah, key point right there. Haha sorry, didn't realize you were one of them. Then yea, in that case, something may have changed or like you guessed, they may just be behind. Not sure..

And thank you!
 
hmm i haven't been ranked yet...interviewed last week. maybe my interviewers weren't able to make the meeting?
 
Does Mayo offer student hosts? I am super broke from flights and don't know how I can manage a hotel for 2 nights. :scared:
 
just got put on hold status post interview. is that like a waitlist or is it letting me know that i'm still up for review at the next meeting of the committee?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 I'd like to know this as well.

The Admissions Committee will continue to periodically review all of our ranked applicants until all interviews are completed.

So I don't think it's a waitlist. They said at the interview day that no wait listing would be done until the spring.

From what I understand if you are ranked and they meet, but you are not accepted at that meeting you are automatically placed on hold. You can/will be reviewed at other meetings.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.