2012-2013 Mayo Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got put on hold status post interview. is that like a waitlist or is it letting me know that i'm still up for review at the next meeting of the committee?

It means your file will be brought up periodically at committee meetings for acceptance consideration. If you still don't get accepted after all the meetings, you'll get an email from Gina telling you to let them know if you're still interested in being put on the waitlist or not (usually around early spring I think). By the end of the cycle, about half the class (~20) gets accepted off the waitlist. So don't worry too much right now. There's still hope 🙂

EDIT: Haha guess I was too slow typing in my phone.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete in early October. I can be so patient, but when would I expect to hear for any progress?

I think it'll take about a month (maybe more) at this point to hear back at this point post completion

This thread isn't as active as it used to be. So sad 🙁
 
I was complete about two months ago and I still haven't heard back yet. Things could speed up as we approach the end of the year though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had no idea that only 1/4 got LOR requests. Woohoo! They requested mine before my MCAT retake (and my score improved +4). MCAT score was released Oct 2, so hopefully I'll get an interview invitation in the next month or so.:xf:
 
I had no idea that only 1/4 got LOR requests. Woohoo! They requested mine before my MCAT retake (and my score improved +4). MCAT score was released Oct 2, so hopefully I'll get an interview invitation in the next month or so.:xf:

Congrats! Don't mean to get your hopes down, but actually about 1/2 get LOR requests. But you still moved one step forward, which is great 🙂 Hopefully you get an invite soon!

In other news, I had a dream Mayo accepted me...but then reality kicked in 🙁
 
Congrats! Don't mean to get your hopes down, but actually about 1/2 get LOR requests.

So are the posts in this thread (and in past years' threads) about approximately 1/4 or so of applicants getting LOR requests wrong? Did they tell you this at your interview?
 
It isn't real? I thought really thought that Mayo would publish something saying cancer gets a "certain sick joy out of smacking researchers around like a bunch of little b******." 🙄
 
So are the posts in this thread (and in past years' threads) about approximately 1/4 or so of applicants getting LOR requests wrong? Did they tell you this at your interview?

Well it was corrected in the previous posts as well--that around 1/2 and not 1/4 of the applicants receive LOR requests.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOR received two and a half weeks ago. No word since. Have heard Mayo stops interviewing in December.........
Do II's come out in batches? If so, when?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
seems like ranked emails went out on tuesday, emails/calls on wednesday morning from last year. could all change though!
 
Just out of curiosity, has anyone managed to find a hotel cheaper than the promo rate at the Grand Kahler? I'll be driving in so I don't mind staying a couple miles away. These interviews have really left me strapped for cash!!!
 
Just out of curiosity, has anyone managed to find a hotel cheaper than the promo rate at the Grand Kahler? I'll be driving in so I don't mind staying a couple miles away. These interviews have really left me strapped for cash!!!

Haha, then why not stay with a student host?
 
Haha, then why not stay with a student host?

I interview this Monday and didn't even realize I got an email regarding student hosts until today...obviously too late for one. Did not do a good job planning for this trip. Luckily it's not too far of a drive
 
I interview this Monday and didn't even realize I got an email regarding student hosts until today...obviously too late for one. Did not do a good job planning for this trip. Luckily it's not too far of a drive

Hm I see. It actually may still not be too late. They're pretty quick in getting you a host. I think I got mine within 2 days of my email. But otherwise, I'm not sure about the motel prices in the area...sorry =/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.