2012-2013 Mayo Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't believe this is really happening...again.

We were terrible influences. Your hands are not clean either - they are stained with the metaphorical internet neurotic pre-med blood just as mine.

Thanks for the advice
Snuke, but a prerequisite
for Mayo is stress.


🙄

🙂love🙂

Stress there shall be, yet
Might you wait more than a few days
Before neurosis?

😉

:luck:
 
C'mon Mayo, gimmie some secondary love 😉


How secondaries really feel:

take-my-money.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We were terrible influences. Your hands are not clean either - they are stained with the metaphorical internet neurotic pre-med blood just as mine.



Stress there shall be, yet
Might you wait more than a few days
Before neurosis?

😉

:luck:

That is prepros'trous!
Shame! A curse on your household!
How can you say that?
 
That is prepros'trous!
Shame! A curse on your household!
How can you say that?

Just look at yourself
Writing in this rigid style,
Passé poetry.

"As do you!" you cry,
And you are correct, yet I
Hold acceptances.

Take heed of those who
Have gone before, and listen.
Patience, Padawan.
 
Damn. I guess this means they're done giving out LOR requests.

Yeah. Tons of people have gotten their LoR received e-mail, which is the "final review" e-mail, before other LoR requests were sent out. I got mine a week ago. Don't lose hope!
 
Considering that they haven't even gotten to two weeks into the cycle worth of verified applications, there will still be plenty of time to get LoR requests. Don't panic so much, the cycle just began!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My primary was verified on 6/11 but I still haven't received email from Mayo to pay their secondary fee (GPA3.9, 36P). I emailed last week about the fee and they said my application was currently in preliminary review...maybe they want to give a free rejection?
 
My primary was verified on 6/11 but I still haven't received email from Mayo to pay their secondary fee (GPA3.9, 36P). I emailed last week about the fee and they said my application was currently in preliminary review...maybe they want to give a free rejection?

I'm sure they're buried in applications, don't give up!
 
Just look at yourself
Writing in this rigid style,
Passé poetry.

"As do you!" you cry,
And you are correct, yet I
Hold acceptances.

Take heed of those who
Have gone before, and listen.
Patience, Padawan.

If patience rings true,
its bell is in my tower
(struck thrice in three years!)

🙂

I can't see Mayo being even close to halfway done with LOR requests--the application cycle just started! I'd be surprised if they're even a quarter of the way done. Not only that, but I doubt they've even started sending out interview requests...

Mayo is an enigma, so we should all be hopeful if we haven't been rejected.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If patience rings true,
its bell is in my tower
(struck thrice in three years!)

🙂

I can't see Mayo being even close to halfway done with LOR requests--the application cycle just started! I'd be surprised if they're even a quarter of the way done. Not only that, but I doubt they've even started sending out interview requests...

Mayo is an enigma, so we should all be hopeful if we haven't been rejected.

I haven't been rejected nor received an LOR request 😳
 
I haven't been rejected, so there's still a good chance I could receive a letter request.

FYP. 🙂:luck:

(Have you applied elsewhere in the Midwest? I hope I see you on the interview trail, either at Mayo or throughout the country!)
 
FYP. 🙂:luck:

(Have you applied elsewhere in the Midwest? I hope I see you on the interview trail, either at Mayo or throughout the country!)

Are you talking to me? 😛

If so, I'm applying to MCW, U of Minn--TC (I grew up in Minnesota), Rush and Ros-Fran in Chicago, then U of Cinncinati and Wright State in Ohio. Do we have any in common?
 
Are you talking to me? 😛

If so, I'm applying to MCW, U of Minn--TC (I grew up in Minnesota), Rush and Ros-Fran in Chicago, then U of Cinncinati and Wright State in Ohio. Do we have any in common?

Absolutely! I was born and raised in Minnesota and currently live in the Twin Cities area, so obviously I'll be applying to the U. I'm also applying to MCW (as well as other Midwest schools and some east coast locations). I love the Midwest, especially Minnesota, and now that I've been studying the health care and public health infrastructure here, I'm becoming even more excited about learning and practicing here!

We've got three shots to meet each other on the trail, haha...
 
Absolutely! I was born and raised in Minnesota and currently live in the Twin Cities area, so obviously I'll be applying to the U. I'm also applying to MCW (as well as other Midwest schools and some east coast locations). I love the Midwest, especially Minnesota, and now that I've been studying the health care and public health infrastructure here, I'm becoming even more excited about learning and practicing here!

We've got three shots to meet each other on the trail, haha...

I hope our interviews are on the same days!

I'm also applying to several NY schools, any for you?
 
I hope our interviews are on the same days!

I'm also applying to several NY schools, any for you?

Nope, nothing in New York... My only east schools are Hopkins, BU, and Harvard. My best shot is at the U though, hahaha...
 
Absolutely! I was born and raised in Minnesota and currently live in the Twin Cities area, so obviously I'll be applying to the U. I'm also applying to MCW (as well as other Midwest schools and some east coast locations). I love the Midwest, especially Minnesota, and now that I've been studying the health care and public health infrastructure here, I'm becoming even more excited about learning and practicing here!

We've got three shots to meet each other on the trail, haha...

You guys grew up in the land of 10,000 lakes? Me too! And I'm in the , maybe I'll see ya if I'm lucky enough to get an interview
 
Quick question, I haven't been rejected yet nor have I gotten a LOR request. Did people who already have their letters uploaded to AMCAS get a LOR request? Like do they send a LOR request to everyone regardless of whether or not your LOR's are already uploaded?
 
Quick question, I haven't been rejected yet nor have I gotten a LOR request. Did people who already have their letters uploaded to AMCAS get a LOR request? Like do they send a LOR request to everyone regardless of whether or not your LOR's are already uploaded?

They send a request regardless of whether or not your letters have been received by AMCAS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received a secondary fee request before your Primary was verified? Many of you mention dates when you submitted the Primary and soon after received a secondary request :S Please clarify if they screen prior to verification...

I submitted June 30, yet to hear anything from them.
 
Has anyone received a secondary fee request before your Primary was verified? Many of you mention dates when you submitted the Primary and soon after received a secondary request :S Please clarify if they screen prior to verification...

I submitted June 30, yet to hear anything from them.


Hey Viktorkrum, I submitted June 17, was verified July 11, and received the fee request July 12, so I am thinking that you have to wait to be verified 🙂.
 
Has anyone received a secondary fee request before your Primary was verified? Many of you mention dates when you submitted the Primary and soon after received a secondary request :S Please clarify if they screen prior to verification...

I submitted June 30, yet to hear anything from them.

Mayo doesn't have a secondary, it's simply a fee request. You pay $100 and they open your application, and they will only ask for the money after your application has been verified. You will get a fee request at ~1:30 am CST/~2:30 am EST the day after your verification. Submit that and the waiting game begins, hopefully beginning with a LoR request (they ask for your Recommendations, don't look at them before this point, and also now look at your PS) and then they make a decision whether to reject or interview you. The rest is similar to other schools.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.