-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Northwestern University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
It seems like it's been pretty quiet in this thread regarding interview invites. Anyone who completed mid-late Sept getting interview invites?
I got one and have interviewed, but I was early Sept.
submitted 9/9...still no II! Just waiting 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete since 8/29... Not giving up hope yet!
Interview invite this morning - so excited!!
Interview invite this morning - so excited!!
when were you completed?
when were you completed?
Complete Sept. 7th
Complete Sept. 7th
congrats! looks i got to wait it out a bit more. Completed almost 2 weeks after you. Hope my alma mater shows me some love

complete 8/28... starting to lose hope. sigh.
complete 8/28... starting to lose hope. sigh.
+1 - but I was complete on 9/6. I'm curious when they start rejecting...
Is it too late to send in my secondary this weekend? Ie. Are my chances of interview and admissions drastically reduced compared to applicants who submitted their secondaries in mid-September? My profile is slightly below the matriculant average for Northwestern.
I'd really appreciate any comments - thanks.
I'd really appreciate any comments - thanks.
Is it too late to send in my secondary this weekend? Ie. Are my chances of interview and admissions drastically reduced compared to applicants who submitted their secondaries in mid-September? My profile is slightly below the matriculant average for Northwestern.
I'd really appreciate any comments - thanks.
Same Question! Is NU rolling?
Same Question! Is NU rolling?
NU is rolling, but I was just wondering how big of a factor it'll play into our chances of admission, given that we have only just submitted our secondary with a very average profile?
I don't think anyone can speak to your individual chances, other than to say that it is always advantageous to submit as early as possible
I don't think anyone can speak to your individual chances, other than to say that it is always advantageous to submit as early as possible
This.
While it's not like submitting to Mayo right now (I think they're basically completely out of interviews already, which is crazy), rolling schools favor early applications. If you make it to an interview before the first acceptances go out you're at the best chance, but as more spots dwindle away it gets more difficult. So for NU, interviewing in Sept/Oct would be most advantageous, as acceptances begin starting in November.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NU's interview dates are now in December... just saying.
Wow. My hopes have officially been crushed. 🙁
Alright Northwestern you can stop playing hard to get! Crossing my fingers for an interview, good luck to everyone else that is still waiting
NU sent out secondaries end of August. How is it possible to fill up so many Interview slots if they havn't even seem to get to people who submitted in mid/late sept yet?!
I'm assuming they had a flood of submissions when their secondaries went out, as most people were waiting for NU as their last one. Early bird seems to get the worm.
NU sent out secondaries end of August. How is it possible to fill up so many Interview slots if they havn't even seem to get to people who submitted in mid/late sept yet?!
There were secondaries sent out in September -- I received one on 9/10 after being verified 9/6.
4
496552
December interview dates already??? 🙁🙁🙁
Ditto.I was complete around 8/31 or so. My interview dates offered ranged from beginning of December to mid-January. They interview MWF, it seems.
I got and email from Northwestern saying the read my Primary (which I did send them) and that they liked me and wanted me to send in the secondary (which I did not fill out) I didn't send the secondary because they sent it really late and I already had a couple of interviews lined up. I am wondering if the sent this email to everybody who didn't fill out the secondary because they want my $85, or if they are actually interested in me.
Thanks!
Thanks!
I got and email from Northwestern saying the read my Primary (which I did send them) and that they liked me and wanted me to send in the secondary (which I did not fill out) I didn't send the secondary because they sent it really late and I already had a couple of interviews lined up. I am wondering if the sent this email to everybody who didn't fill out the secondary because they want my $85, or if they are actually interested in me.
Thanks!
Hmmmm they may like you! Too bad they lost against Nebraska the other day though.
.
Last edited:
There's a thread just for Northwestern here:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=895240
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=895240
People who have interviewed or are familiar with the area: If the interview day ends at 3:00 PM... can I make a 5 PM flight (given evening traffic and such), or would that be too rushed? I want to avoid staying two nights if possible, but if I'm going to miss my flight out I suppose I could take the first flight next morning...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
I'd be suspicious, personally. With thousands of stellar applicants to evaluate who already turned in their secondaries, who is going to read through incomplete applications and say, "Oh! I really wish this person would apply!"
I'd guess that this is a ploy for more income, but I am a cynical person. It could be worth the $85 to you, just in case they really are interested in your app.
I'd guess that this is a ploy for more income, but I am a cynical person. It could be worth the $85 to you, just in case they really are interested in your app.
People who have interviewed or are familiar with the area: If the interview day ends at 3:00 PM... can I make a 5 PM flight (given evening traffic and such), or would that be too rushed? I want to avoid staying two nights if possible, but if I'm going to miss my flight out I suppose I could take the first flight next morning...
During my interview they asked first thing in the morning if anyone had a 5-5:30 flight so they could let you out early. The day ends with a tour and a 30 minute dual degree/financial aid talk, so I am sure you could skip that part and leave by ~2:30 to give you more time. Depending on traffic it might be tight but I bet you will be fine.
People who have interviewed or are familiar with the area: If the interview day ends at 3:00 PM... can I make a 5 PM flight (given evening traffic and such), or would that be too rushed? I want to avoid staying two nights if possible, but if I'm going to miss my flight out I suppose I could take the first flight next morning...
which airport are you going to and what is your mode of transportation there?
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Merging with School specific thread. I'm sure it is just a standard thing they do to get as many qualified applicants as possible.
Most likely ORD. And I was going to take the airport shuttle... unless a cab is somehow cheaper?which airport are you going to and what is your mode of transportation there?
Most likely ORD. And I was going to take the airport shuttle... unless a cab is somehow cheaper?
I took the airport shuttle at 4 and it took a little over an hour to get to the airport. My flight was at 6:30 so I was fine. I think you may be cutting it a bit close? But if you leave around 3 or 3:15 right after the interview day is over, there should be less traffic and you should be able to make it to your 5pm flight.
.
Interview Invite the other day! 😀 So excited thought they forgot about me never expected this 😱
Mind sharing date of completion and stats?
Mind sharing date of completion and stats?
<3.5 GPA and >30 MCAT
Submitted my app on the day after i received it, which was probably the week after they started sending them out. Complete probably a day or two after that 🙂
When's earliest interview dates open?? Please give me an interviewww
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whats the consensus on how receptive Northwestern is to in the area e-mails. Has anybody had luck with them? Thanks
I was wondering this also. have an interview coming up in chicago in a few weeks and itd sure be nice to try to do it all in one trip.... given that i'd even get an interview here lol
D
deleted472157
Whats the consensus on how receptive Northwestern is to in the area e-mails. Has anybody had luck with them? Thanks
I hear that they're less receptive than most schools, but I imagine that it's still worth a shot.
Whats the consensus on how receptive Northwestern is to in the area e-mails. Has anybody had luck with them? Thanks
I was told they are not receptive.
I was told they are not receptive.
Yup that's the response I got. The said a decision hadn't been made but if I was offered an interview that they would give me 3-4 dates to choose from and I could try to reschedule if needed.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K