2012-2013 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jealous! how'd you get a guaranteed interview?

My school has an agreement with TCMC. All I needed was a 3.5+ and 30+.

Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

nice! i'm really hoping for an interview from this school. i have good stats, so maybe.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get a status update? I still don't even know if they got my letters...submitted like 2 weeks ago lol

Mine went to application complete yesterday.

I'm in a non-binding BS/MD with them, and the dean has said to expect to hear from them in the next two weeks. I'm assuming this applies to everyone else, too. Good luck!

Finishing this secondary today.

I'm sure I'm not the only one from Southeast PA applying. How are you guys from other areas of PA saying you'll help the Northeast? I don't want to lie, I don't have much of an interest in practicing in this region.

Finishing this secondary today.

I'm sure I'm not the only one from Southeast PA applying. How are you guys from other areas of PA saying you'll help the Northeast? I don't want to lie, I don't have much of an interest in practicing in this region.

Look into how TCMC med students help out Scranton and the surrounding areas. There should enough info on the website if you look are the curriculum/extracurricular sections. You can indulge them by saying what you would do as a student as opposed to a practicing physician.

Hint, look up "community health research projects" (CHRP projects).

Look into how TCMC med students help out Scranton and the surrounding areas. There should enough info on the website if you look are the curriculum/extracurricular sections. You can indulge them by saying what you would do as a student as opposed to a practicing physician.

Hint, look up "community health research projects" (CHRP projects).

Also look at their Facebook Page. There's lots of updates about community service done by the students on there.

Thanks for the tips.

6 hours on #2 today and I'm still not satisfied with it. The other questions were pretty easy. I think I'm just going to submit as is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Hope the applications are going well. : ) I completed my TCMC secondary last week but have been waiting to submit it because I am concerned about a potential formatting issue. When I preview it on the print ready type view prior to submitting it, the paragraphs I wrote are not separated and they are in a narrow column on the left side of the space. Does this sound familiar to anyone else? It is still legible so I may just submit it if I don't get a response to my email to TCMC admissions help regarding the issue. I don't wanna let too much time go by before sending it in.

Do we just send 3-5 LORs to TCMC through AMCAS? I don't see it page where it says to upload or even asks for the LORs. Thanks...

Anyone get past Application Complete on the status page yet?

I only ask because last year there was a status after complete, "sent to screeners", before you could get an invite.

I only ask because last year there was a status after complete, "sent to screeners", before you could get an invite.

No idea if they're doing that this year, but I just got an e-mail from them that basically says they're starting to go through completed apps now.

I assume everyone else got the same e-mail?

No idea if they're doing that this year, but I just got an e-mail from them that basically says they're starting to go through completed apps now.

I assume everyone else got the same e-mail?

no such e-mail here. i didn't even get the complete email. i just saw i was complete by checking my status

no such e-mail here. i didn't even get the complete email. i just saw i was complete by checking my status

Interesting. This is the e-mail:

"Congratulations on successfully completing your application to The Commonwealth Medical College!
The next step in this process is the Admissions Committee will receive your complete application portfolio for review. All applications are carefully reviewed. We take into consideration how well you may "fit" with the TCMC mission and values, your MCAT scores, academic records, personal statements, essays, and extracurricular activities.
We understand how difficult it is to wait until you are notified of an interview. I would like to assure you that we will notify you as soon as possible wht the committees' decision by email."

So, yeah, looks like they've started looking at applications. I'm guessing decisions are coming very soon. Hopefully...

I got that email, hopefully we'll hear soon!! (still waiting for my first interview invite)

I got an interview! :D It's my first interview so it's a really good feeling.

3.7 cGPA and sGPA, 29O

You have a guaranteed interview, right? I scheduled mine for 9/21

Yeah, guaranteed, but I haven't gotten an official invite yet. Perhaps I should send them an e-mail... Maybe they forgot about me! :(

3.86 cGPA, 3.78 sGPA, 32O

I got an interview! :D It's my first interview so it's a really good feeling.

Congrats!

Did anyone else not get the complete email that was posted earlier? I've been complete according to the status site since like 7/17 but never got an email

Got the complete email today! Looks like they have a very quick turn-around from complete to II so hoping for some good news:xf:

Anyone know how many IS vs OOS are accepted each year?

First interview invite! scheduled for Oct. 1

Complete 07/15, Under review 08/02
in-state, s3.3, c3.6, 32S

Hey guys,

I just checked my status, and under "Applicant Status" at the admissions tab in the top left corner it says "complete". But under "Admissions Interview" in the same tab it says "No appointment to be scheduled for application year 2013".

Is this a rejection or just a poorly worded way of saying that I haven't scheduled an interview? I haven't gotten a rejection email or anything. Just wondering what you guys think...

It just means you haven't been offered an interview yet. That's what my status in that page was until I was offered an interview.

Interview invite today!! Be in PA Nov. 9th (day before my bday :) )

First M.D. Interview Invite! Completed 8/20, invited today!

September 17, 2012

Hey all. I submitted my secondary 2 weeks ago and immediately got the email saying they would contact me when my application was uploaded into the system. I have yet to get an email with additional information…like a login name and password. Applied here last year and the turn around on this was the next day. Did anyone have a similar experience? Just wondering if I should contact admissions or chill. Thanks!

Interview! 29Q/ 3.58s/ 3.7q

Complete/Sent to Screeners 8/13
Interview today 8/27

Whooo!

Hey all. I submitted my secondary 2 weeks ago and immediately got the email saying they would contact me when my application was uploaded into the system. I have yet to get an email with additional information…like a login name and password. Applied here last year and the turn around on this was the next day. Did anyone have a similar experience? Just wondering if I should contact admissions or chill. Thanks!

Hey,
I had the same thing happen to me, however received and II without getting the email that my app had been uploaded into the system. I submitted July 12 and got my II Aug 7. I was able to see when my app was sent to screeners etc. by using my login info from last year. I hope this helps!

That worked! Thanks so much for the reply!

Just checked my status and it says "interview pending". Does that mean I'm getting an interview for sure?

Just checked my status and it says "interview pending". Does that mean I'm getting an interview for sure?

I got an eMail:

My status said "Interview pending" with a date next to it. Now it says "Interview Scheduled" after I scheduled.

I just realized I picked the first interview date for no reason, and now I can only hope the interviews are similar to the feedback from last year.

My stats:

cGPA: 3.04
uGPA: 2.91
gGPA: 3.87
MCAT: 32 (V10 P12 B10)

In state, but different region

I just had to reschedule my interview so now I'm on 9/28. Anyone else going to be there this date and possibly want to split a hotel or maybe just meet up the evening before to check out Scranton together?

Status
Not open for further replies.