2012-2013 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dun dun dun.

So I just spoke via email to Admissions and it seems there HAD been minimal movement on the wait list- so I guess one or two people got off of it. However, there hasn't been any movement as of recent.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN!! (Sorry I had to read your post like that.)

Its not too much of a surprise. There is always some movement, there just hasn't been much in the last year or two. Lets hope for the best though.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I called and spoke to someone in admissions and got the same answer about not much movement on the waitlist and the MBS being a better than nothing option for some of the people on the waitlist basically! Good luck to everyone! Keep us posted.

Has anyone received their $100 deposit back from TCMC after withdrawing? When I declined my acceptance, I was told that they issue the refunds after May 15th, but I haven't received mine yet. Good luck to everyone waiting! It took me three attempts, but it's worth it in the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received their $100 deposit back from TCMC after withdrawing? When I declined my acceptance, I was told that they issue the refunds after May 15th, but I haven't received mine yet. Good luck to everyone waiting! It took me three attempts, but it's worth it in the end.
I received mine about a week ago, you might want to call them

Any of you guys heard from admissions? any hopes for still having a chance? how many are doing the master's program?

does anyone know what time in the morning classes start?

does anyone know what time in the morning classes start?

I think it changes throughout the year but generally early in the morning. 8/9 sometimes 10. Second year, the schedule gets flipped and we have the morning off and classes start around 1.

Congrats!

Btw, are you the really old man that just posted on the fb wall?

No, if I were a really old man I'd use words like "whippersnapper" or "peckerhead"

I'm the middle-aged man who just posted on Facebook.

Not that there's anything wrong with being a really old man.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, if I were a really old man I'd use words like "whippersnapper" or "peckerhead"

I'm the middle-aged man who just posted on Facebook.

Not that there's anything wrong with being a really old man.

Lol glad to have you on board :)

Me too! I'll see you at orientation. Let's see if you can figure out who I am :laugh:

Haha, judging from your FB posts and on here, you seem like a cool guy. Glad you're in our class! I don't think I have daddy issues...

Haha, judging from your FB posts and on here, you seem like a cool guy. Glad you're in our class! I don't think I have daddy issues...

Thanks! I don't know about being a cool guy, but I have spent a lot of time trying to increase the number of good things I do while decreasing the number of idiotic things I do. One day I hope the former outnumbers the latter. It will be interesting finding out how med school fits into the paradigm. Maybe it's both...

I look forward to meeting you soon!

PS - everybody has daddy issues. I just forgot that they can be healthy issues too :laugh:

Hey guys anyone got accepted yet? after being on the waitlist?

I bought all of them then people in the FB group said to wait so...
I would buy the ones for the first classes then wait on the rest

You mean for this semester, I didn't buy the rec ones just the req. I bought them used for a total of 80 on amazon

Anybody attending tcmc who wants to play fantasy football send me a message

15 out of 100 still have not finished their pre mat online packet...... Aug 1 is deadline hopefully you don't get chopped and someone from the waitlist can get a spot

Hey guys anyone got accepted yet? after being on the waitlist?

So there was some movement ~2 weeks ago.

Unfortunately, no more will be accepted off of the wait list as of today. It is extremely unlikely. This is coming from the highest source.

Status
Not open for further replies.